Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 262. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
anyone with ups tracking that purchased on 21th ?

Me.

time of your purchase ?

I have 2 orders from the 21st:
21/01/2014 05:37 - Shipped
21/01/2014 23:32 - Not Shipped

I got 2 BITMAIN Order Shipped emails, thinking both my orders were shipped, but it was just the same email for my 1st order.
Bitmain confirmed 2nd order will be shipped today.

thanks Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Simple and doesnt need to be a lie..

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

So just tell them its fpga and you have a project that requires custom programming with fpga.. I would avoid mentioning word cryptography. . Especially when you mention china..

Got a call from UPS to confirm the value of the items as there was a mismatch between the invoice and the reported value - no idea what that means.
They send me an email to which I just replied that I am a private buyer and confirmed the value of $120.

UPS also attached a copy of the invoice that states: Computer Game Gateway, so I wonder if UPS decides to ask questions how do I best explain what I am buying, so it doesn't raise any concerns.

Just explain that they're high performance cryptographic machines, coming from China. Customs loves that. Tongue

That sounds too suspicious  Grin
Any other plusible explanation?

The description on the invoice is already a lie: they think its hardware for gaming.
I might be just paranoid, but I want to know what to say if they start asking questions Smiley

Just say 'I know, it is an absolute bargain" and that you could not refuse at that price!

What is an absolute bargin  Roll Eyes
Imagine they call you and ask: what is the item exactly?

Just say 'How much is the tax', 'Can I pay it by card' and pay it. In the long run it is the cheapest option.

If you question the amount of tax they will get more interested, if you enter into a discussion then the tax will go up, if you do not pay the tax you will not get it and would have lost what you have paid for it.
Activity: 91
Merit: 11
No banking,Only Bitcoin!

I have a tracking number, but its the wrong number, looks to be someone else's order. Been trying to get correct tracking number for 2 days with no success  Embarrassed

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

So just tell them its fpga and you have a project that requires custom programming with fpga.. I would avoid mentioning word cryptography. . Especially when you mention china..

Got a call from UPS to confirm the value of the items as there was a mismatch between the invoice and the reported value - no idea what that means.
They send me an email to which I just replied that I am a private buyer and confirmed the value of $120.

UPS also attached a copy of the invoice that states: Computer Game Gateway, so I wonder if UPS decides to ask questions how do I best explain what I am buying, so it doesn't raise any concerns.

Just explain that they're high performance cryptographic machines, coming from China. Customs loves that. Tongue

The description on the invoice is already a lie: they think its hardware for gaming.
I might be just paranoid, but I want to know what to say if they start asking questions Smiley
That is the problem with Chinese outfits that lie on customs documents. Yes it saves you the tax/duty, but if the transaction gets questioned you're in the unenviable position of either having to say that the description is wrong and it's really something else or trying to get it released without outright lying to the customs officials in order to get it released.

Personally, I'd rather just pay the tax. I do a decent number of crossborder Canada/US trips, and the unilateral power of those guys to detain and hold people is unbelievable. Once you get on their list as someone who tries to avoid paying taxes, you get your scarlet letter and special treatment every time you go through.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502

Just say 'I know, it is an absolute bargain" and that you could not refuse at that price!

What is an absolute bargin  Roll Eyes
Imagine they call you and ask: what is the item exactly?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

Just say its parts for the customised Computer Games Arcade booth for Comic Con that you design

Me.

time of your purchase ?

I have 2 orders from the 21st:
21/01/2014 05:37 - Shipped
21/01/2014 23:32 - Not Shipped

I got 2 BITMAIN Order Shipped emails, thinking both my orders were shipped, but it was just the same email for my 1st order.
Bitmain confirmed 2nd order will be shipped today.
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

That sounds too suspicious  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
For those who may have missed it.
I have added Antminer solution into the hardware vs network performance comparison sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmeuPljmUNHCdEpqX2RmMDFwemJyLURVUWFtZ3J3aGc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmeuPljmUNHCdEpqX2RmMDFwemJyLURVUWFtZ3J3aGc&usp=drive_web#gid=13 <-- speculative return if network increases at 30% each retarget. Ignore anything past 2-3 months. Average network increase to date is just over 20%
Activity: 336
Hi, I recieved a shipment notice for order: 00120140121115245233eaTffD6g06AD  but instead of a valid UPS tracking  number I was sent instead the Order ID in the tracking number field.   Website bug?  

Can you please update me with my tracking number in a PM or update my account  on the website?  My order is shown in the tracking number field there also.

Thanks!
Activity: 728
Someone from Bitmaintech.com please confirm my order? When i get the delivery? Please confirm i have already paid, just not receive any email or something???

Its about order: 00120140123161051021bTR9WcQB066D

Kind regards,
Legend21
Why do I think that loads of people whining at UPS because UPS has a plane problem is going to f^&k it all up for the rest of us.

'Ohhh....my important box worth $120 is going to be a couple of days late and is going to cost me lots of missed BTC's'

Hmmmm...important $120 computer game gateway.....I smell a con says UPS, I think we will tell Customs to investigate.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

Jump to: