Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 108. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
price is still to high  Huh

+1

S1s are now about $200 a pop. For those who are math challenged, that's $1200/TH unpowered or $1560/TH stock with ATX golds. Shocked

Sorry to say but price (including costs of PS) and power consumption is not the only means of comparison for product value between S1<>S2.

When Bitmain can also make the S2 as reliable as the S1 and ship it in working order to customers with a lower sale price then I will take notice.

IMO Bitmain has done themselves a disservice by trying to build a 1TH miner with their existing ASICS.
As an EE and embedded software engineer I see these problems:

1. Bus based systems using card edge connectors - unreliable (see original IBM PC)
2. Beagle board is hobbyist grade - unreliable, known for SD card problems
3. Too many ASICS - unreliable
4. Shipping problems because of #1 above.

The S1 is rock solid because it was designed that way.

1. Two blades solidly attached to a metal frame and connected with ribbon cables.
2. Commercial quality controller in the TP-link

I assume (hope) Bitmain cobbled this together as a stop-gap while they ready their next gen ASICs.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

+1

S1s are now about $200 a pop. For those who are math challenged, that's $1200/TH unpowered or $1560/TH stock with ATX golds. Shocked

Sorry to say but price (including costs of PS) and power consumption is not the only means of comparison for product value between S1<>S2.

When Bitmain can also make the S2 as reliable as the S1 and ship it in working order to customers with a lower sale price then I will take notice.

S1 is awesome;  Bitmain should think about moving to 28nm or 40nm in the same great form factor for ~400-500 GH/s and =<1w/GH.
That would be a killer product up to $400-450.

IIRC there was already rumour, or an outright statement by Bitmain that they've got a 28nm in the pipeline.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

+1

S1 is awesome;  Bitmain should think about moving to 28nm or 40nm in the same great form factor for ~400-500 GH/s and =<1w/GH.
That would be a killer product up to $400-450. Call it S3.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

+1

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
I like the 1T

but

please dont reset everything upon rebooting, also basic packages like cron should not be removed.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Bitmain took the massive risk of investing huge sums of money to produce some of the best-selling miners on the market and supported the bitcoin community by not accepting pre-orders and they are competing right at the top now. I believe they might have the right to set the price as high or low as they like.

I doubt they will be willing to make a loss, just because a few people on this forum think they're entitled to cheaper products. Remember that they still have to pay their suppliers and staff in fiat... I'd like them to stay in the game.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

+1

This be the S2 thread.

...and the price is still too high

Edgar today S1 price $224.12  for one AntMiner S1 is by far the best priced miner in the market.

Problem is not hardware price my opinion is BTC is to low now.

I appreciate what you're saying but the BTC price is down to all of the mminers desire to buy/sell (including the HUGE data centre miners)

whereas the price of the S2 is solely down to Bitmain.

I agree the S1 is at a reasonable price but the power consumption is just too damn high - i cant justify using 5-6 x 400w (plus PSUs) to get the equivalent hash power i can get from a single 1000w S2 (which comes with a PSU)

but yes, those BTC dumping douches are not helping wrt the price of BTC either but we cant lobby them all into 'hodling'

whereas we probably can get bitmain to sort the S2 price out - though im sure he has a long term strategy to milk them(us) for all their worth, incrementally.

Yes milk.   As manufacturer they have alot of room to play chess with the other players.  But noone want to go to low.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
They are going to have to change their refund policy on these. What's to stop someone from buying one and bringing it back in 30 days for a full refund?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
price is still to high  Huh

+1

This be the S2 thread.

Edgar today S1 price $224.12  for one AntMiner S1 is by far the best priced miner in the market.

Just for a comparison.......Microcenters, an electronics retailer announced today they are selling mining equipment. Right now they have Gridseeds and Antminer S1. They have the S1 priced at $400.00, (gulp).....

Holy crap, would you look at that:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/431763/AntMiner_S1_180GH-s_Standalone_Bitcoin_Miner

Bobsag3 must be happy about that.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

+1

This be the S2 thread.

Edgar today S1 price $224.12  for one AntMiner S1 is by far the best priced miner in the market.

Just for a comparison.......Microcenters, an electronics retailer announced today they are selling mining equipment. Right now they have Gridseeds and Antminer S1. They have the S1 priced at $400.00, (gulp).....
Activity: 532
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

+1

This be the S2 thread.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Bitmain!!

I have received a very smashed up Batch 3 S2 unit from you! I have sent you an email with the details but no response yet. Please look into this ASAP, I expect a very swift response as I'm a customer who has bought 30 S1's and 2 S2's from you! It was purchased from the username "B4rtab".

I expected you to resolve this issue after Batch 1&2!!!
legendary
Activity: 1512

+1

This be the S2 thread.
Activity: 69

+1

Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I pulled the image of the SD card after the corruption. I took the card and used win32diskimager to pull the image. When I looked for files on the card, I didn't see any.

Here's the image:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16075357/CORRUPT.IMG.zip
I do believe that your card was corrupted; I just mentioned this because I had gotten the blue screen originally and formatted and re-imaged the card without paying attention to the files on it, so I'm not sure if it was corrupted in the first place. I just wanted to let people know that the blue screen doesn't necessarily mean the card is corrupted, it might not be and it's worth checking first.

Thanks again for all of your original input, it was really helpful  Cool
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Just happened...:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6567939

Ready to Royal Rumble...?

Let's the games begin... Wink

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 1274
9 hrs after initial shutdown - miner begins beeping... 10 other rigs are not affected

powered down, powered up. IP is ok but 0GH & 61°C

tried connecting to gui - nope

powered down, removed sd card, powered up - blue screen

powered down, reinserted sd, powered up - mining...

wtballs?

I had the same thing happen the other day, it seems one only needs to eject and reinsert the sd card and it'll boot. I've not needed to re-image a card since (I'm wondering if re-imaging was even necessary in the first place)...

I had a plug trip last night and was faced with the S2 "blue screen of death" after restarting. I just ejected the SD card and pushed it back in and it booted up no problem after that, no need for re-imaging  Huh

I pulled the image of the SD card after the corruption. I took the card and used win32diskimager to pull the image. When I looked for files on the card, I didn't see any.

Here's the image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16075357/CORRUPT.IMG.zip

Activity: 64
Attention Canadian Miners

A datacenter dedicated to modern mining equipment (Bitmain S2, Cointerra, Dragon, etc) is now open in the Toronto, Ontario Canada area.  We're accepting applications from those who seek space to host their mining servers.

Please PM with the following information:

-number and model of your mining rigs, to determine electrical usage
-timing (are you looking for hosting space now, or in the near future)
-contact info
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

I have been mining and selling miners and bitcoin stuff for about a year, but I am new to posting on forums. I typically just read the forums for information and such. This would be a first for posting on here. I know first hand that there are scammers out there, and can understand the skepticism. I don't think we sound "fishy" but that's only a matter of opinion.

Long story short, I don't think it should matter that we are authorized resellers or not. We sell Bitmain products that come direct from bitmain. We accept credit/debit, if you don't believe us, pay with card.(directed towards s1lverbox) Your protected by your bank if we don't fulfill. Simple as that. Even better, I am sure you can risk 0.08 BTC to buy some U2 miners. We are here to stay so you might as well relax, sit back, and mine some BTC

If you so legit why you using bitmain in his thread to advertise yourselve as reseller for him?
If any of your claims would be so legit, probably bitmain would confirm that, right? But actually nothing happened apart of naming 3 reliable sources which we all knew-they are there.

I ask for proof for your pallet a day of s1. nothing was received.
Your statements are fishy, starting with website apparently bought by bitmain and store being setup specially for you by them.Claims about being in mining business over a year but no proof of any of this. Apparently you was selling miners on other site and amazon, please provide proof any of this.

Last but not least, your bold statements not backed up by anyone, not even one customer. You are in business for a year but never on forum like this?
Trust me if you or any other business appear in BTC world there is big chance someone would mention this in this forum.

Most of company's factories, manufactures, resellers started to advertise their business on this forum. Because this way they could:

-have shit loads new customers
-free targeted viewers
-free advertisement

At this moment you made statements which was picked up by me and checked. Nothing ad up so i will assume you are here to scam.
And trust me, people on daily basis scamming others with fancy websites, great gear for good price, don't matter how legit you think you are i still will advice anyone to stay away untill you can make things right.

Once again, please provide me Tx or your wallet so i can trace that pallet of miners a day.

Jump to: