Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 106. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
So it is a batch 3.

But still problematic.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The lulz worthyness of buying an S2 and it being shipped to Sydney (via Melbourne) which is probably a lot closer than anyone in the USA?

Oh well, not a single board survived in place:
http://198.245.60.111/Pix/20140509125727-S2FirstOpen.jpg
(yes the left one is simply out of the socket as can be seen below, but the right one is right out)

And ... 7 out of 10 "PCI" backbone connectors are bent Tongue
http://198.245.60.111/Pix/20140509130144-S2Lulz.jpg

Note this was provided to me by someone who paid the usual online ordering but had it shipped to me direct.
It was NOT provided by bitmain.

Gonna be fun putting this together ... sigh.

Yuck.  Batch 3?

M
Not sure - it just arrived an hour or so ago.
It's one of the group that was shipped and due to arrive this week.
In my case UPS sent it via Melbourne for some reason ... possibly due to having to pay duty on it.
It was shipped:
Code:
Changi, Singapore 	05/06/2014 	7:06 A.M. 	Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 05/06/2014 3:14 A.M. Departure Scan
05/06/2014 12:15 A.M. Export Scan
Shenzhen, China 05/05/2014 12:20 A.M. Arrival Scan
05/05/2014 12:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 05/04/2014 8:51 P.M. Origin Scan
05/04/2014 6:21 P.M. Pickup Scan
China 05/04/2014 2:03 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
The UPS web site said it'd arrive 2 days ago then they changed it to unknown, then to today.

Edit: N.B. it is ~1:30pm Fri here.

Edit2:
Oh and in case anyone was wondering ... yes it has the rubber things in the lid that are supposed to hold it all in place:
http://198.245.60.111/Pix/20140509125734-S2Lid.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
The lulz worthyness of buying an S2 and it being shipped to Sydney (via Melbourne) which is probably a lot closer than anyone in the USA?

(yes the left one is simply out of the socket as can be seen below, but the right one is right out)

Note this was provided to me by someone who paid the usual online ordering but had it shipped to me direct.

Yuck.  Batch 3?

M
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
2 weeks.

Therein lies the dilema
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I must have been one of the last purchasers from Batch 3, I feel a little hard done by when they announce a 4th batch $600 lessor in price when they hadn't even dispatched my order yet... Anyway moving along, I don't if this has been raised but I'm curious about the Quality Assurance standards are with Bitmain. I just received my S2 and its been running for 8hrs now and I've been monitoring it for the last couple of hours and the hash rate has been falling about 10gh an hour for the last 3 hours and its now sitting @ 935GH/S (avg). What this the tolerance of hitting the target? Because >-5% doesn't seem acceptable.

Could be temperature related. What are the temps on the 10 Chains?

Theyre all sitting between 47-53 with the exception of one @ 31.

OK the S2 now has been running for 16hrs and the (avg) has dropped down to 903gh/s. I've emailed Bitmain about getting a replacement but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone had any experience with Bitmain when it comes to warranty issues, or how supportive they are in resolving these types of issues?

You'll need to RMA your current S2 back to bitmain and they will send a replacement out to you. Could take 2 or more weeks.
Are you sure all blades working well?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I must have been one of the last purchasers from Batch 3, I feel a little hard done by when they announce a 4th batch $600 lessor in price when they hadn't even dispatched my order yet... Anyway moving along, I don't if this has been raised but I'm curious about the Quality Assurance standards are with Bitmain. I just received my S2 and its been running for 8hrs now and I've been monitoring it for the last couple of hours and the hash rate has been falling about 10gh an hour for the last 3 hours and its now sitting @ 935GH/S (avg). What this the tolerance of hitting the target? Because >-5% doesn't seem acceptable.

OK the S2 now has been running for 16hrs and the (avg) has dropped down to 903gh/s. I've emailed Bitmain about getting a replacement but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone had any experience with Bitmain when it comes to warranty issues, or how supportive they are in resolving these types of issues?

I haven't really followed the terahash miners closely (I have S1s and U1s) but excluding the S2, which of the other 1T miners out there is/are considered the best deal at this point in time?

Also, Spondoolies, excellent product SP10. Is actually 1.5T.

See there https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6583077

Activity: 30
dragon miners are quite good. I have both S2 and dragon, they seem equivalent, so it is a matter of which one you can get cheaper
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

I haven't really followed the terahash miners closely (I have S1s and U1s) but excluding the S2, which of the other 1T miners out there is/are considered the best deal at this point in time?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2564 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Coupons for recent orders are released to accounts.

BITMAIN
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Has Bitmain come up with an Official response to all these issues I read about the SD card ? I would like 1 official guide on the Bitmain site that talks about handling this issue.. I have a S2 due to arrive any time and would like to be fully prepared to confront any issues I may have .
Activity: 56
AntMiner I've ever seen doing the most beautiful rig, but also to sell the most expensive, mining back to this in the current difficult market situation.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I am guessing my orders from yesterday will get processed and shipped tomorrow
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
I'm in for two of the batch 4 units... I'm hoping/praying/wishing for early shipment by Bitmain (remember the good old days?)

Received my tracking number this morning. No early shipping  Undecided
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
^^^ That hurts ^^^
Jump to: