Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 115. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Well, mine definitely broke somehow. All of a sudden I just started getting massive rejected shares, and my hashrate dropped to 500-600GH/s

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

pool issue? eligius is all over the place the last 2 days.  otherwise does the webUI indicate it is certain boards faulting or an overall drop in speed?
I don't think so, it does the same thing at Slush and Bitminter.

If I SSH in, I see a lot of this...
 [2014-05-02 01:40:06] Pool 2 stale share detected, submitting as user requested

[2014-05-02 01:40:06] Accepted 1e1e61f2 Diff 2.18K/1473 BTM 0 pool 2
 [2014-05-02 01:40:06] Rejected 1e1e61f2 Diff 2.18K/1473 BTM 0 pool 2 (Duplicate
 share)
 [2014-05-02 01:40:12] Pool 2 stale share detected, submitting as user requested

[2014-05-02 01:40:12] Pool 2 stale share detected, submitting as user requested

[2014-05-02 01:40:12] Accepted 2013761d Diff 2.04K/1473 BTM 0 pool 2
 [2014-05-02 01:40:12] Rejected 2013761d Diff 2.04K/1473 BTM 0 pool 2 (Duplicate
 share)
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
HI Guys,

I have about 50x$400 coupons, I am happy to share it for a little profit, if anyone interested pm me. Thanks
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
We started with the Bitmain Antminer S2 hosting service @ $1050 per year, if anyone is interested contact US.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-antminer-s2-hosting-for-1-year-us-1050-1-bitmain-distributor-591941

Juan

A year? What hardware BTC miner remains viable for a year?

legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
I am not certain what Bitmain/Bitcointalk policies are regarding coupon usage so if this violates any terms consider it null and void.  I have a $400 coupon for an S2 that I will not be using.  If anyone is interested PM me and maybe we can work something out to both our advantages.  I live in NYC (Staten Island) and work in North Jersey if that helps.

I have 10 of them and don't plan on using them at all.

Why would you? so you can get another broken piece of crap in the mail?

Maybe this time Monkeys wont jump up and down on your box and throw it over their shoulders on tho the plane.

If it does actually work, you are lucky and should pray to the gods for receiving an expensive overpriced item that "should" work but for 85% of the time for users doesnt.

Those coupons are his way of saying F-U go ahead buy more of my crap, since i lowered it a little.....but people are stupid and they will buy, and they will be dissapointed, and they will complain.

But in the end they will have a nice looking box with some shiny pieces of metal on it to display on their mantle and can turn it on to show their friends how fast the fans spin. (unless you get one of the ones the monkey jumped on, then you will just have a pile of broken parts to show off).
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
I am not certain what Bitmain/Bitcointalk policies are regarding coupon usage so if this violates any terms consider it null and void.  I have a $400 coupon for an S2 that I will not be using.  If anyone is interested PM me and maybe we can work something out to both our advantages.  I live in NYC (Staten Island) and work in North Jersey if that helps.

I have 10 of them and don't plan on using them at all.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I just got my RMA for 1 board that's hashing all XXX's - Now to ship it back Sad

Is it hashing at correct speed but showing XXX or not hashing at all?
I wouldn't know if this individual chip is hashing or not but my overall hash rate goes down approximate about 100GHs so I assume that it completely stops. This is the only board that shows XXX in whichever slot. All other boards work flawless.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
We started with the Bitmain Antminer S2 hosting service @ $1050 per year, if anyone is interested contact US.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-antminer-s2-hosting-for-1-year-us-1050-1-bitmain-distributor-591941

Juan
Activity: 728
Is it similar with s1 xxx?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
I just got my RMA for 1 board that's hashing all XXX's - Now to ship it back Sad

Is it hashing at correct speed but showing XXX or not hashing at all?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Temp is all good in east coast today even with hot weather lately
Anyone know how to change the password on this thing?
Activity: 784
Glow Stick Dance!
Mid 50's. I have recently moved it to a different room/circuit and that's when the problem started. But the temps haven't increased.
Interesting, I've never been over 52o (usually around 50) and my psu is doing fine, perhaps it's the temp that's causing it, I'm not sure what others are running at. With the cutoff at 80o one would expect it to handle high temps, but maybe the psu is struggling.

Also, if you've changed it to a different circuit, I'd expect it to trip at your breaker box, not at the psu if that was the problem.

I live in the desert so the house is very warm during the day even with the A/C running. I have a Kill-a-Watt and if i can find it, I'll check it out. Oddly, since I first posted, it has been running fine without interruption.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Mid 50's. I have recently moved it to a different room/circuit and that's when the problem started. But the temps haven't increased.
Interesting, I've never been over 52o (usually around 50) and my psu is doing fine, perhaps it's the temp that's causing it, I'm not sure what others are running at. With the cutoff at 80o one would expect it to handle high temps, but maybe the psu is struggling.

Also, if you've changed it to a different circuit, I'd expect it to trip at your breaker box, not at the psu if that was the problem.

It may be there is a bit more voltage drop on the second circuit. Wouldn't necessarily trip the breaker but might push the PSU -- already being pushed to the limit -- over the edge. If you have a kill-a-watt or multimeter you can measure the voltage at the outlet you are using and see.

I'd be a little worried if I saw a voltage drop of more than a few volts. At around 10 Amps if the voltage dropped from 120V to 118V it means that there is 20W of power lost somewhere in the electrical wiring.  This 20W goes towards heating up the wires and things can get pretty hot if it is all concentrated one spot (like a bad connection). If you are an electronics hobbyist you'd know how hot a small 20W soldering iron can get. So yeah, if there was a voltage drop that's big enough to affect the PSU I'd stop using that outlet.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

Some of mine are hitting above 60°C
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

It may be there is a bit more voltage drop on the second circuit. Wouldn't necessarily trip the breaker but might push the PSU -- already being pushed to the limit -- over the edge. If you have a kill-a-watt or multimeter you can measure the voltage at the outlet you are using and see.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!

Activity: 784
Glow Stick Dance!
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. So if my S2 is shutting down after running just a short while, it's most likely the underpowered PSU, correct?

Well it looks like I'm replacing the PSU now. My batch 2 S2 has worked flawlessly from day one. But today it has started shutting off after running less than an hour. Luckily I have a nice Corsair AX1200i powering some ancient BFL Singles in my garage. It's time to shut them down anyways.

C'mon BitMain, use the proper PSU for the job!  Angry
My machine seems to be doing fine with the stock psu, no shutting down at all. I guess the easiest way to test would be to pull one board and see if it runs longer than an hour without shutting down. Just out of interest, what are your running temps?

Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. So if my S2 is shutting down after running just a short while, it's most likely the underpowered PSU, correct?

Well it looks like I'm replacing the PSU now. My batch 2 S2 has worked flawlessly from day one. But today it has started shutting off after running less than an hour. Luckily I have a nice Corsair AX1200i powering some ancient BFL Singles in my garage. It's time to shut them down anyways.

C'mon BitMain, use the proper PSU for the job!  Angry
My machine seems to be doing fine with the stock psu, no shutting down at all. I guess the easiest way to test would be to pull one board and see if it runs longer than an hour without shutting down. Just out of interest, what are your running temps?
Jump to: