Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 113. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
buckrogers do you own gridseed or something?  Your assault on bitmain here while licking gridseed's nutsack is pretty transparent.  Do you think people here can't read?

No quite the contrary, and I hope people here can read and see the real deal, and i think you are refering to GAW miners not gridseed.

I have nothing to do with gridseed or GAW miners , except that i bought some gear from them and have only praised their customer support and been a totally satisfied customer as most if not all Gawminers customers have....forgive me for giving someone props for being different than all the other crooks out there.

Unlike most people here who only compalin about the bad, i also praise the good. Whe some company does right by me whoever they are, then i will give them the respect they deserve, and when someone shits all over me, and sells me crap and wont budge on helping me sort it out, i will say F-U to them and "assault" them as you say.  It would be the same if it was Amazon or Newegg I am not biased, only honest.

I wish I owned Gawminers or even worked there, 1. because I would be rich as hell, and 2. cause then I could say I am part of something different from what seems to be the norm here with these vendors shitting all over their customers.

I've actually said in a bunch of my posts as a discalimer that i do not work for GAW but if they offered me a job i would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as licking nutsacks, Bitmain should be licking ours for giving him free money for crap that doesnt work instead of $400 coupons to buy more crap.

I would have bought the 1TH/s miner from Gaw they now have listed on their site if hey had it available before i bought the S2, as i wanted a 1TH/s miner and Bitmain seemed to have a good reputation, and since I also have 5 - S1 units running solid for a while now, and based on that i figured the product must be good.

I am actually ordering the 1TH/s miner from GAW and im sure if there are any issues with it, they would handle it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tiimes better and more proffesionaly than bitmains crapy support. (did i add enough zero's? not sure, i may need some more)

So dont assume you think you know something whe actually you know jack shit.

If you had a company and sold gear to people and everything worked well, or if a problem arose and you went out of your way to help get it resolved I guess I would "lick your nutsack" too.  well probably not, but would definetly say good things about you.

GAW is nothing but a reseller...selling GRIDSEED products so wtf do they have to do with anything?  They also sell bitmain hardware but I guess since you love them soooo much it's OK for them to do it.  Maybe it's you who doesn't know as much as you think you do.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500

We doesn't have to agree in everything, it's no problem. This is why is this a forum, to share different opinions.

Thank you. You're welcomed

I think you didn't followed mining a long ago as I stated before.

Were you waiting on a preorder? Were you scammed by other companies? I think you didn't.

Yes I have been scammed with KNC , 3 Neptunes = 39K. Knc is not a total scam. You can refund them if you wasn't ordered in a few weeks time when they changed to non refundable. (I HAD 3 neptune orders too...)

I was happy to get hardware few days after I ordered, when Bitmain appeared. That's all, and still the case.

I told before, I received plenty of dusty miners, they are doing their job fine 24/7 with no problems. I've started may oldest S1-s when they arrived and didn't cared until this moment. But they were dusty..... But hashing and hashing.....

Sorry I've lied, I've blowed the dust out with my mouth before I've set them up... Smiley

Can you please blow mine also? It was not a hard work, I think you're able to do too...  Wink

About yelling.

I don't think everybody has to yell hard. Just simply don't buy if you don't like the product. Of course they need feedback about problems as other vendors too. But not as yelling....

if you don't like the price don't buy. If they can't sell the miner the will lower the price. That's all.

I am sorry for yelling. I wont yell again.

I understand that we dont have to react to any manufacturer's shit.
They understand themselves that there is a problem with their products and they resolve everything immediately.

Is that what you mean?

Half-Half. They have to know about problems, I told this before. But you can give feedback on normal way...

If a company wants to stay here not for only 3 months they HAVE to resolve everything immediately. As I see Bitmain is the most flexible these days. Maybe they communication is far from good, but you get a working product, price adjustments etc...

Sorry but i don't need more then working product at normal price. That is all.

End of all: Show me an other company to order hardware now. Can you?
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
buckrogers do you own gridseed or something?  Your assault on bitmain here while licking gridseed's nutsack is pretty transparent.  Do you think people here can't read?

No quite the contrary, and I hope people here can read and see the real deal, and i think you are refering to GAW miners not gridseed.

I have nothing to do with gridseed or GAW miners , except that i bought some gear from them and have only praised their customer support and been a totally satisfied customer as most if not all Gawminers customers have....forgive me for giving someone props for being different than all the other crooks out there.

Unlike most people here who only compalin about the bad, i also praise the good. Whe some company does right by me whoever they are, then i will give them the respect they deserve, and when someone shits all over me, and sells me crap and wont budge on helping me sort it out, i will say F-U to them and "assault" them as you say.  It would be the same if it was Amazon or Newegg I am not biased, only honest.

I wish I owned Gawminers or even worked there, 1. because I would be rich as hell, and 2. cause then I could say I am part of something different from what seems to be the norm here with these vendors shitting all over their customers.

I've actually said in a bunch of my posts as a discalimer that i do not work for GAW but if they offered me a job i would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as licking nutsacks, Bitmain should be licking ours for giving him free money for crap that doesnt work instead of $400 coupons to buy more crap.

I would have bought the 1TH/s miner from Gaw they now have listed on their site if hey had it available before i bought the S2, as i wanted a 1TH/s miner and Bitmain seemed to have a good reputation, and since I also have 5 - S1 units running solid for a while now, and based on that i figured the product must be good.

I am actually ordering the 1TH/s miner from GAW and im sure if there are any issues with it, they would handle it 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tiimes better and more proffesionaly than bitmains crapy support. (did i add enough zero's? not sure, i may need some more)

So dont assume you think you know something whe actually you know jack shit.

If you had a company and sold gear to people and everything worked well, or if a problem arose and you went out of your way to help get it resolved I guess I would "lick your nutsack" too.  well probably not, but would definetly say good things about you.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Can we all just admit that if the price of BTC went up a little bit we would all see the S2 as a great price?  The problem is you can't predict the future, and it is foolish to make a purchase when considering ROI in BTC, because if you are not thinking that way, instead of expanding your mining farm, buy and hold, IMHO.

As it stands, Batch 2 had a great BTC price (~5.5).  Even with the coupon you are still looking at 4.9 BTC right now.  And I'm sorry, I've had my S2 up and running for over 20 days now, and I've pulled down a little over 1.5 BTC so far.

So in my mind, the price of BTC would have to be slightly over $600 to make it about the same level of purchase.  The way I see it, the Batch 4 is for the people that missed out on Batch 1 and 2, which are already on their way to ROI'ing (even if its just barely in areas where power is moderate-high priced).

Personally, I am going to wait and see if I can buy in if the price of BTC goes way up in the next couple days.  My hedging strategy will be trade BTC (buy low - sell high), and if I miss the boat buying low and BTC price goes really high, I'll buy a miner Smiley.  Seems good, eh?
legendary
I had a plug trip last night and was faced with the S2 "blue screen of death" after restarting. I just ejected the SD card and pushed it back in and it booted up no problem after that, no need for re-imaging  Huh

wow! impressive, you must have gotten one of the magical units then..I wish I got one of those Smiley

You are a lucky man!
Activity: 728

We doesn't have to agree in everything, it's no problem. This is why is this a forum, to share different opinions.

Thank you.

Were you waiting on a preorder? Were you scammed by other companies? I think you didn't.

Yes I have been scammed with KNC , 3 Neptunes = 39K.

I was happy to get hardware few days after I ordered, when Bitmain appeared. That's all, and still the case.

I told before, I received plenty of dusty miners, they are doing their job fine 24/7 with no problems. I've started may oldest S1-s when they arrived and didn't cared until this moment. But they were dusty..... But hashing and hashing.....

Sorry I've lied, I've blowed the dust out with my mouth before I've set them up... Smiley

Can you please blow mine also?

About yelling.

I don't think everybody has to yell hard. Just simply don't buy if you don't like the product. Of course they need feedback about problems as other vendors too. But not as yelling....

if you don't like the price don't buy. If they can't sell the miner the will lower the price. That's all.

I am sorry for yelling. I wont yell again.

I understand that we dont have to react to any manufacturer's shit.
They understand themselves that there is a problem with their products and they resolve everything immediately.

Is that what you mean?
I am sorry but I will disagree with you.

Most of manufacturers of bitcoin miners are opportunists and seems that they dont care for the long run, that much.

If I dont yell, if you dont yell and if nobody yells then they wont improve their products .

I demand to get what I deserve as their customer.

But I will not accept to buy a used , dusty hardware equipment which was described as new.

About yelling.

I am sorry but I will disagree with you.

Most of manufacturers of bitcoin miners are opportunists and seems that they dont care for the long run, that much.

If I dont yell, if you dont yell and if nobody yells then they wont improve their products .

I demand to get what I deserve as their customer.

But I will not accept to buy a used , dusty hardware equipment which was described as new.
I am not trolling anywhere.

I am trying to show facts and help others interested in the best value for money gear.

Until now, Bitmain had fucked it up with S2, everybody knows that.
Also I felt completely disappointed, when I paid 2.8BTC for each S1 and received it overclocked and full of dust.

Was I wrong yelling against Bitmain?

Looks though, that Bitmain is making efforts to resolve all the above issues , either by lowering prices or fixing shipping issues.

As about Bit-tech, they had lower prices and now they deliver used miners and at higher price.
Am I not obliged to inform you??

I am not loyal to any hardware manufacturer.  

I am loyal to the people that are seeking information about the best value for money products.

ps. Thanks for the guide comments. It was not meant to be made to promote Bitmain products, BUT to help the miners to achieve lower costs for their mining.

I see this in different colours....

They not fucked up, they had "have" problems but they are trying to solve them.

I received 2 S2-s with only 3 loosy blades, but i had a lot of problems with the controller.

Bitmain was the only manufacturer who shipped on time a working poduct. Was them dusty? Yes. Who cares? I got the miner, it was working, all fine. I hadn't been scammed, didn't had to preorder, just buy off the shelf.

Information is always welcomed but always spit one when a mistake happens is no good. (It's just my opinion)

I'm usually loyal to my suppliers both in real life and bitcoinworld.

And trust me, loyality always pay off. Why am I saying this? Sorry can't tell....

But cheaper doesn't always the better.

This mentality works for me, try out, maybe it will work for you too.

But you can't expect help if you spit in the eyes meanwhile....

Edit:

I think that batch 1 and 2 was overpriced. I bought only 2 to try it out. I'll buy more when the price will be good.

I don't want to hurt you, but I don't like if somebody goes from vendor to vendor and if a problem occurs just piss there and go back to the other one.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I am curious what is tempting you?

The price is tempting me, as I previously noted.

Furthermore, touching on your points about quality control, yes, I have read that the initial batches had some QA issues. I understand these issues have been mostly resolved in batches 2 and 3. This is why I'm taking the plunge with Batch 4 - I have faith they have largely resolved their initial problems.

The dozen or so S1's I own have been rock solid since I took delivery of them, and further reinforces that faith in Bitmain.
I am not trolling anywhere.

I am trying to show facts and help others interested in the best value for money gear.

Until now, Bitmain had fucked it up with S2, everybody knows that.
Also I felt completely disappointed, when I paid 2.8BTC for each S1 and received it overclocked and full of dust.

Was I wrong yelling against Bitmain?

Looks though, that Bitmain is making efforts to resolve all the above issues , either by lowering prices or fixing shipping issues.

As about Bit-tech, they had lower prices and now they deliver used miners and at higher price.
Am I not obliged to inform you??

I am not loyal to any hardware manufacturer.  

I am loyal to the people that are seeking information about the best value for money products.

ps. Thanks for the guide comments. It was not meant to be made to promote Bitmain products, BUT to help the miners to achieve lower costs for their mining.
I cant resist, I will buy 2 , NOW!

better get your dumpster ready!

The last S2 pieces been delivered were intact, because of a new foam thing.

Also, there is no lower priced terrahash with 1w/ghs at this moment.

Do your research before posting anything.

I don't undestand you Tzortz.

A few days ago Bit-tech was god, Bitmain shit.

Now Bitmain is good Bit-tech is shit because you received dusty miners. Days before you trolled long Bitmain thread about how ashit are they etc. etc...

I think you doesn't know the meaning "loyality".

I had to tell that.... But at the server psu thread we could make a good discussion.....

The last S2 pieces been delivered were intact, because of a new foam thing.

Also, there is no lower priced terrahash with 1w/ghs at this moment.

Do your research before posting anything.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Well, finally picked up one of these in the May 8th batch. The $400 coupon sold me on it... Good price @ $2199

I am actually tempted to order few of these miners now...

I am curious what is tempting you? the horror stories?, the massive amounts of photos members have posted? or the pre-mining that he is doing before you get your broken used up S2? or maybe its the monkeys jumping up and down on your box before they toss it on the plane's conveyor belt? Or maybe you are a risk taker? I mean you must be heavily invested in the stock market ...right?

Just trying to figure out why people would continue to buy this product?....is it the lower price point? because if thats it, then I doubt you will reach an ROI, unless it drops another grand and BTC goes up another 100 points.

But temptation is a killer, so I say go for it and give bitmain your money.  Im sure he will be happy to take it, since he already made that back and more when pre-mining with your 'CHEAPER" unit.

please let us know how it works out for you.

I might be "tempted" to buy a few more Smiley
legendary

legendary
Like he told someone else to do-  "If your not having fun mining Bitcoin, go ride a bike! It's FREE."

^^^you have to respect that!^^^ great comment.

respect my comment.well thank you, I thought it made perfect sense in its context.

But if you are refering to the idiot who quoted it and saying back to me that i should follow my own advice...i think naught.

If you look at the original context it made sense, for him to rehash a comment made on something totaly unrelated is irrelivant and has nothing to do with this issue.

I do enjoy mining and have been doing it for a long time now probably more than most of the idiots making these stupid remarks, so I have dealt with many companies in my day, and none of them has given me as much grief as bitmain has with this disaster of a unit he is selling to people.

Thats all. nothing more. I will continue to mine....HAPPILY Smiley   my farm will just be 1 piece of shit smaller.
Sure, I cant wait to receive the new batch.

I will let you know as soon as I get it.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Please let us know if they improve the packaging at all.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I had a plug trip last night and was faced with the S2 "blue screen of death" after restarting. I just ejected the SD card and pushed it back in and it booted up no problem after that, no need for re-imaging  Huh
Jump to: