Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 138. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Well one arrived today after floating around in UPS limbo for a week. Surprisingly just the mainboard and one blade were dislodged, but I removed every blade, wiped off the excess TIM from around the heatsink and any spills of TIM on the chip side of the blades, plugged it all back in, noticed there was a pcie power cable unplugged, started her up and whoosh. 1.075TH. Similar experience to the S1's that have passed through my hands. Nice one Bitmain.  Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Well my RMA'd board that was bad is on its way back from China. It will take a little bit boys, but they will handle it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
That is a nice question. I looked at every board for not connecting the one with the missing capacitator when I was pluging them in but all look fine. I will take a closer look now as bitmain has told me to send that board back. That is again 20-25 days without that board and they have said nothing about sending me the destroyed holder of the box  Angry
I've just found one of my boards is missing a little yellow capacitor too, but it was still hashing without it, my cat found it lying at the bottom of the box. HW errors were looking a little high and I think this has brought them down slightly.

I've also found that my main problem is not the pci connections on the backplane, I have those all working now, it's actually one of the boards. It's missing the tiny resistor that's closest to the pci connection which has a "0" on it and that stops it from hashing, the board shows up in the gui, but won't hash.
Activity: 826
Merit: 314
GIF by SOCIFI
I am not sure if I would accept that when received.

That was when I was unpacking the miner already, so nothing I could do. If I listened to that clicking noise before of course I wouldn't accpet the package.

I had the same sinking feeling when I heard the death rattle from the box Sad

How exactly did you get it running at 1.1Th/s with a missing capacitor?

That is a nice question. I looked at every board for not connecting the one with the missing capacitator when I was pluging them in but all look fine. I will take a closer look now as bitmain has told me to send that board back. That is again 20-25 days without that board and they have said nothing about sending me the destroyed holder of the box  Angry
I got Satoshi's avatar!
The worst part was before I opened the box that I could listen to that clicky noise of boards going around inside the box  Cry

I even see a tiny yellow/orange thing between the fan grill and the box and I first though it was a piece of ruber that bitmain has put there for protecting the case from scrachting with the grills. When I take it on my hand I realize it was a capacitor and I assume something really bad was inside there
I had the same sinking feeling when I heard the death rattle from the box Sad

How exactly did you get it running at 1.1Th/s with a missing capacitor?
Activity: 728
You're definitely lucky that it's running at full speed! I have to say though, I've never seen the frames bent so badly, yours had to have taken one (or more) serious blows. Even if the case had been built more sturdy, I don't see how yours could have escaped some damage, the metal behind the plastic guide rods looks like... well like:

The worst part was before I opened the box that I could listen to that clicky noise of boards going around inside the box  Cry

I even see a tiny yellow/orange thing between the fan grill and the box and I first though it was a piece of ruber that bitmain has put there for protecting the case from scrachting with the grills. When I take it on my hand I realize it was a capacitor and I assume something really bad was inside there

I am not sure if I would accept that when received.
GIF by SOCIFI
You're definitely lucky that it's running at full speed! I have to say though, I've never seen the frames bent so badly, yours had to have taken one (or more) serious blows. Even if the case had been built more sturdy, I don't see how yours could have escaped some damage, the metal behind the plastic guide rods looks like... well like:

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I have just received the second batch S2 today (in Spain) and the unit was totally destroyed.

i op
So I have to put all the boards out, put by force all the bented pci slots and fans connector right again, connect every fan, pci and even the ethernet connector from the beagleboard to the fron of the case. Then one by one put back the boards, but as you can see in the pictures one side of the boards holder is totally destroyed. I don't know who the smart at bitmain has designed the boards holder, but holding so much heavy boards by plastic holders that can be taken out so easy from the chassis is just ridiculous. Why you build so strong chassis if you then put plastic holders that simply pop in the holes, not even with a screw ?

Now what, some type of compensation ? At least a replace of the broken piece and some compensation I expect. I am lucky that after all the miner is hashing right at 1-1.1 TH/s

I believe evryone had the same issue.
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I thought mine looked bad when it arrived today, but yours looks a lot worse Shocked
These plastic rails are a joke!

Unfortunately I can't get mine over 900Gh/s, some of the pins in the pci slots were bent and I can't get the one slot working.

I've emailed Bitmain, hopefully they'll send a replacement  Undecided
Was the courrier playing football with that box?
GIF by SOCIFI
I have just received the second batch S2 today (in Spain) and the unit was totally destroyed.

i opened the box expecting to put back in some connector or board, but I just get shocked when I openened the box:

So I have to put all the boards out, put by force all the bented pci slots and fans connector right again, connect every fan, pci and even the ethernet connector from the beagleboard to the fron of the case. Then one by one put back the boards, but as you can see in the pictures one side of the boards holder is totally destroyed. I don't know who the smart at bitmain has designed the boards holder, but holding so much heavy boards by plastic holders that can be taken out so easy from the chassis is just ridiculous. Why you build so strong chassis if you then put plastic holders that simply pop in the holes, not even with a screw ?

Now what, some type of compensation ? At least a replace of the broken piece and some compensation I expect. I am lucky that after all the miner is hashing right at 1-1.1 TH/s
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
How many seconds
I must hold the reset pin
I do for some seconds but nothing happen!
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
helllo

i had problem with s2

all the led lights
green and one red
is lighting at mainboard
and nothing at s2

what is the problem?
how i can do hard reset/??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Bitman, any compensation?
one pcb broken

Thanks.
Hey Bitmain, how about you stop selling miners that will never ROI to retards who have to have the latest bitcoin miner?

I understand basic economics, but just because there's retards willing to buy somethign doesn't make something right!

The truth is that there will be never ROI with those miners.
Activity: 674
Hey Bitmain, how about you stop selling miners that will never ROI to retards who have to have the latest bitcoin miner?

I understand basic economics, but just because there's retards willing to buy somethign doesn't make something right!
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Congrats to all those who've received their batch 2 miners, I'm still waiting for mine. A 10 day loss of income, which is almost 1btc, is quite a disappointment. I just hope that I don't have as much trouble getting it up and running as some of you on here.

Undecided
S1 is a dead product already.
Sorry , but with 2.1w/Ghs is a lost case.
I wonder who buys it today.

I would not go with S2 either.

I would buy an A1 clone for much, much , much less.

Cool

antminer s-1 under volts to 150 gh at 200 watts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-undervolt-antminer-s1-119wgh-at-the-wall-526060

this make it viable for an extra month.

I see you did post in that thread.

Yes, thanks for your comments.

I am not saying to throw away your current inventory of S1s.They are just non competitive anymore to buy.

The clones have gone as low as $2200 (or 4.4btc) for 1Th/s, and power consumption for 1w/ghs.

in order to achieve with S1s the same result, you need 7 units which will cost at least 6 btc. Add the psus and wires ( and still make a ratio of 1.2w/ghs).
This is not viable.

Also the pencil mod cannot work forever, it needs to be redone every now and then, because of various factors ( humidity, oxidation, etc)

If you want to baby sitting so many machinery just to maintain a single terra , then ok.

I will stick to the clones, more possible to make a ROI.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
S1 is a dead product already.
Sorry , but with 2.1w/Ghs is a lost case.
I wonder who buys it today.

I would not go with S2 either.

I would buy an A1 clone for much, much , much less.

Cool

antminer s-1 under volts to 150 gh at 200 watts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-undervolt-antminer-s1-119wgh-at-the-wall-526060

this make it viable for an extra month.

I see you did post in that thread.
Jump to: