Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 135. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

after the above edits to the file, how do i implement it? Do i have to restart cgminer, use the reboot command, or actually switch off the PSU and switch back on (after a few second delay)?

I use reboot from command line

testing 200 clock with 16 - timeout..

if i reboot from command line sometimes it goes back to stock settings... weird...

i'm running at 200 and 20 now. no better hashrate. i'll let it run for night.

Weird indeed, I use it everytime without fail.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500

after the above edits to the file, how do i implement it? Do i have to restart cgminer, use the reboot command, or actually switch off the PSU and switch back on (after a few second delay)?

if i reboot from command line sometimes it goes back to stock settings... weird...

i'm running at 200 and 20 now. no better hashrate. i'll let it run for night.

Activity: 728
Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
+1000

You are going to loose a lot of customers if you keep this up.

could you please post a code for overclocking? I havent seen the method laid out clearly and simply yet.

Code:
code window

I think the voltage of the regulators is the issue, rather than power or temperature.  I have a pencil and a 2000W PSU ready, and am hoping to spend some time with my device tomorrow to see how easily the regulators can all be pencil-modded. 40 resistors total that will need to be modified if you want to get the frequency any better than 225

I have not done any pencil mod on the resistors only adjusting the asic-freq

Code:
ssh root@(your miner) - pass = admin
vi /config/asic-freq.config

#option 'freq_value'    '0881'  #225M
#option 'chip_freq'     '225'
#option 'timeout'       '45'  <--- I have changed this from 50 - 40

option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200M
option 'chip_freq'     '200'
option 'timeout'       '40'

presumably the timeout should decrease as frequency is bumped up. I would assume 42-44 would be a good zone to try at 225 and even at 200.

I am all set to install the 2000W supply tomorrow - and will try overclocking moderately when I do. Does anyone know if there is a hex code that provides a frequency around 215-220MHz?

At my machine for stock clock, the stock timeout is 40.

After you edited the config file and saved it, just go to miner configuration and psu save and apply. It restarts cgminer with the new settings. For me his is the best working way.

If I always switch on-off the miner sometimes it brick or reset back to default.

In hex codes I would be interested too. I've tried to figure out some but had no success....

How many HW errors do you get?

I think you have 4%+ ain't you?

I always get 4%+.... I've tried a lot of settings.

Wow that is high, is that @ 225 clocks?

I am running @ 200 clocks, my 5 day #'s

Accepts = 109823488,  HW = 109888   so my HW error % is roughly .1%

Yep at 225M

for 200 you use '0781' value and '40' timeout?

Yes I have timeout set to 40, I have set that as high as 50 and also 45, I was letting it run for a "few" to collect results. I am going to switch the timeout back to 50 for a "few" days and see if that helps lower HW errors or maybe I should lower it? As I said have not seen much of a variant due to 'timeout' setting.

I think higher freq needs higher timeout.

I set mine at 200M for '20'.

At stock clock I went down until '16' and got less HW then stock '40'.

But at 225M with '16' I usually bricked the miner.

I think 225M needs more power... But I'm afraid of the Dc-Dc-s...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

could you please post a code for overclocking? I havent seen the method laid out clearly and simply yet.

Code:
code window

I think the voltage of the regulators is the issue, rather than power or temperature.  I have a pencil and a 2000W PSU ready, and am hoping to spend some time with my device tomorrow to see how easily the regulators can all be pencil-modded. 40 resistors total that will need to be modified if you want to get the frequency any better than 225

Code:

presumably the timeout should decrease as frequency is bumped up. I would assume 42-44 would be a good zone to try at 225 and even at 200.

I am all set to install the 2000W supply tomorrow - and will try overclocking moderately when I do. Does anyone know if there is a hex code that provides a frequency around 215-220MHz?
Bitmain - we have had a great relationship for the past few months.  Sadly, it looks like it's ending.
You are no longer competitive given the S2's fragility and high price.  There are better options that are built more solidly and don't cost as much.
But I'll keep watching.  Hopefully you come to market with a product as great as the S1's were for their time.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 2408
nice i order and i will let know when arrived the heatsink
ZiG
Activity: 406
does anyone put
memory heatsink
at vrm?

NOT on S2...but on S1 with copper heatsinks thermals are 3-4 degrees lower..hashing OC to 406MHz stable... Grin

Accepts = 109823488,  HW = 109888   so my HW error % is roughly .1%

Yep at 225M

Yes I have timeout set to 40, I have set that as high as 50 and also 45, I was letting it run for a "few" to collect results. I am going to switch the timeout back to 50 for a "few" days and see if that helps lower HW errors or maybe I should lower it? As I said have not seen much of a variant due to 'timeout' setting.
I understand options:
 - 'freq_value'    '0881'  #225M
 - 'chip_freq'     '225'

for what  'timeout'?

can go between 16 and 40 but you'll get a lot of HW-s
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
I understand options:
 - 'freq_value'    '0881'  #225M
 - 'chip_freq'     '225'

for what  'timeout'?

Accepts = 109823488,  HW = 109888   so my HW error % is roughly .1%

Yep at 225M

Accepts = 109823488,  HW = 109888   so my HW error % is roughly .1%

Code:
code window

Code:

Code:
code window

Code:

legendary
Activity: 2408
does anyone put
memory heatsink
at vrm?
Activity: 280
IMO the price should be betwwen 2200$ and 2400$. Others like bit-tech or the dragon miners are selling for far less than 3199$.

I am "lucky" that my miners are working fine, problem with just one having my fans running at 100% all the time. Still didnt find any solution on how to control those god damn fans. So fans are still running, 3 of them are monitored in the antminer webinterface and with the first one it is showing 0 rpm ( but still running at 100% ).  It is so loud, and bitmain replied to me that it is not possible to adjust fan control manually. So disapointing.

I hope someone can find a way to acces the miners configuration file, I really need to reset / control the fan settings with SSH or something like that. I tried everything I could in order to have my fan control working good.

I agree, Bitmain seems to REALLY be milking the S2 … That or they are trying not to piss off batch 1 or batch 2 customers...

Batch 1 and 2 owners already made back $31-32 a day on the machines mining.

Wow! Seriously, I am interest to see how you arrive at that. If it's true, I get 1 too.

What im saying is 1Th will make about $31 a day hashing now.  If you bought a machine last week for $3600 it is almost same price as if you order a batch 3 machine today for $3199 and receive it next week.

Too bad the S2 won't ROI in it's lifetimes for Batch 1, 2, or 3 buyers.

I actually don't agree with this, I have been mining with Batch 2 and have already made around 1 BTC since I got it (Slush has been on an absolute RAMPAGE the past week, I must admit, including our 4 blocks in a row last night FFS) , and I paid 5.5 BTC for it.  So basically what you are saying is, if you purchased 1TH/S TODAY at 4.5 BTC you wouldn't ROI?  Keep in mind I also live in WA (cheap power USA) state.  Even the most conservative calculator in the world says I'll get damn close within 90 days:

7-16 – 7-27 (96 days)   25006 M   0.2029   0.1988   -1.338

So I'm sorry, I forsee an ROI for Batch 1 and batch 2.  And quite honestly, potentially even batch 3.  However, the batch 3 comes with no discount to existing customers so I'm out on that purchase.  However, glad they are listening to their customers.  You guys wanted it, they offered it for $500 USD less only a few weeks later.  Thats really not bad.  But I'd need BTC to be around $600 rather than $500 to make this purchase worth it imho
Jump to: