Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 198. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
So no one here received the S2 ?

In Asia, they are mining with it. Some got them since 19 March (picture).

EDIT : ^ this is a Dragon Miner.

Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
How can the unit draw 1Kw and only have a 1Kw PSU? This will not last long!!

Your 120/230V AC doesn't get converted to 12V by magic, there are losses and the power supply is rated to supply 1KW 12V DC at around 90% efficiency at high loads, I'll leave the math to you.
This was discussed at length earlier in this thread. Bitmain have checked with the PSU manufacturer that the load is within tolerance. Also, I believe the PSU is drawing 1,000W from the wall, not supplying 1,000W. It is probably supplying 900W to the miner.

TL;DR
Bitmain are professionals and know what they are doing with the PSU.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

Your 120/230V AC doesn't get converted to 12V by magic, there are losses and the power supply is rated to supply 1KW 12V DC at around 90% efficiency at high loads, I'll leave the math to you.
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
I asked Bitmain about hosting service for S2 and received the message: "we have a trusted partner who provides the hosting service for our customers, pls contact [email protected]."
Did anyone try this service?

When did he provide you with this reply ? And after how long from your initial inquiry ?  My order is still not updated after sending full payment. I am sure he has provided good service to a lot of you folks  before but  it has been about 1 week now and no response. I am starting to feel I was scammed.

All i am looking for is a single response via PM or email. Is that too much to ask ?

Did you email info@ and webmaster@?

Yes sir. Sent email to both addresses and then sent PM here on the forums.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Sorry for asking something that has been asked alot, But there seams to be no answer (not that I can understand)

Can anyone explain why this is a good move in laymen terms please.

1. the hashing unit will not draw exactly 1000W, probably a bit less.
2. they have chosen a "reliable" brand - Enermax - which is rated at 1000W continuous output (i.e. "load").
3. the draw at the wall will be load + efficiency, so say for example the hashing unit actually consumes 975W and the PSU is 90% efficient then it will draw about 1083W at the wall.
4. the PSU has been chosen because it has a long life which, although reduced because it is running close to 100%, will be longer than the hashing unit will remain profitable.

All IMHO as usual.
Activity: 190
Sorry for asking something that has been asked alot, But there seams to be no answer (not that I can understand)

Because its the cheapest option that works. MAGIC!
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I asked Bitmain about hosting service for S2 and received the message: "we have a trusted partner who provides the hosting service for our customers, pls contact [email protected]."

When did he provide you with this reply ? And after how long from your initial inquiry ?  My order is still not updated after sending full payment. I am sure he has provided good service to a lot of you folks  before but  it has been about 1 week now and no response. I am starting to feel I was scammed.

All i am looking for is a single response via PM or email. Is that too much to ask ?

Did you email info@ and webmaster@?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
still no news from bitmain

we need a updated

At 9pm on a Sunday?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Its midnight in China. So let's hope in about 7 hours he pops on and says he just shipped batch 1 out or is about to ship batch 1 out. If not...well we'll have to deal with that later. But dead silence for two weeks except on payment issues certainly doesn't scream good news. Each day it doesn't ship, S2 customers are just bleeding money. And the current price tank doesn't help either...
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
still no news from bitmain

we need a updated
Activity: 178
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Btw, PBMining (a cloudmining company) is now competing directly with sales of the S2.  At this very moment you can get 1THs delivered today, which you "own" for 5 years with no electricity costs for ~$3,600.

I kind of wish I had those 6BTC back from my preorder so I could buy more hashing power on PBMining.  But who am I kidding, I'm a hardware junkie.

Full disclosure, although I am a repeat customer of BitMainTech, I have a PBMiming referral link in my sig.  But I am also a customer of PBMining.  I currently have 1.19THs with PBMining.

What happens to your money on this "5 year contract" if this little company goes bust or decides to liquidate?

There are always risks involved but you seem to be promoting this one a lot, which makes you look stupid imho.....

J

I'm sort of wondering how anybody is making ANY of the mining work.  I've been running my S1's for a few months now - and no matter which way I run the numbers - it just doesn't work.  The only way I can see to get mining to be profitable is for the machine prices to be like HALF of what they are.

The only other way I see that mining "works" - is if you've got situations where IT guys are basically buying machines on the company dime, putting them in data centers (again on the company dime) - and then pointing the mining output to their own wallets.

Then it's hugely profitable to the person with the wallet - because they haven't paid a cent.

I've noticed that nobody seemingly wants to touch this question with a  ten foot pole.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
we must have some news from bitmain
why no news?
Would you prefer news which might later change because they don't quite know for sure yet, or wait for real news?

Even news that might change later is still news.
legendary
Monday

Bit main must sent the first batch 1 of s2
Activity: 784
Glow Stick Dance!
ok will be final 55nm or 28nm miner?

Has BitMain ever mentioned that they were moving directly to 28nm?  It seems that some Chinese manufacturers are working wonders with 40nm.  Why wouldn't BitMain just move to that process node first before the cost-prohibitive 28nm node?  If anything, BitMain is the low-cost leader, not the cutting-edge tech leader.
Activity: 231
55nm
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
we must have some news from bitmain
why no news?
Would you prefer news which might later change because they don't quite know for sure yet, or wait for real news?
Jump to: