Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 193. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I don't get why a lot of people are complaining about the ethernet port placement.  If you're going to rackmount it, isn't it easier to have ethernet in front just like many rackmount switches are setup?

Spondoolies-tech also has their ethernet port up front for their rackmount miners.

People trying to sound like they know anything about running a datacenter  Roll Eyes
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I don't get why a lot of people are complaining about the ethernet port placement.  If you're going to rackmount it, isn't it easier to have ethernet in front just like many rackmount switches are setup?

Spondoolies-tech also has their ethernet port up front for their rackmount miners.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
s2 photos

This miner looks sweeeeet... excited to get it hashing!!!
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Nice box, nice lcd!

Fine at all. Smiley

BUT

It's not a night club.

I have some 2100W servers psu-s coming, I'll make huge custom heatsink with some fu...ing high cfm fans.

And want to oc the sh...t out of them.

Smiley

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
Very nice looking unit, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'll be interested to see what is displayed on the LCD screen.

Yeah, I was wondering what the S2 will display on the LCD. Good ol' Bitmain ... no pics until they start shipping ... then they leave a tantalizing question over the display ... . You gotta love 'em, they have delivered on their promise! (Not sure about putting ethernet on the front though  Huh).

Looking forward to the first receivers posting pics and reviews ... let's get to know this new Ant!
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Very nice looking unit, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'll be interested to see what is displayed on the LCD screen.
Activity: 728
s2 photos

Pretty cool looking!   Cool

Looks like a better version of those Coincraft clones.  Can't wait to see someone post the innards and it hashing away.

I cant wait to see the thermal performance, that's what I am most interested in with summer rolling around. I'm hoping for 30c or less from these miners!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I have computer company vat number
Do you know if I can not pay vat?
I did not pay vat from Europe company like knc

Is the same with imports from china?

No its not, you will have to pay VAT.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
s2 photos

Pretty cool looking!   Cool

Looks like a better version of those Coincraft clones.  Can't wait to see someone post the innards and it hashing away.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Unless you are flat rate VAT registered then you can't claim it back at all. I love taxes.

Flat is great for companies and individuals providing service. I charge my clients full 20% but I only pay the government 14% and I get to keep the 6% as profit.

Pros and Cons...

Only way you can avoid paying VAT is if you move to US and send the miner there.
Activity: 574
Unless you are flat rate VAT registered then you can't claim it back at all. I love taxes.
legendary
with these taxes never roi Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Unless you're VAT registered like a sensible person.

Be careful with the VAT in the UK, it's not as straightforward as just registering and claiming it back/not paying it and if you get it wrong the penalties are not pleasant.

To claim VAT back on outputs you need to be charging VAT on the inputs you can't just use one side.

So because the sale of bitcoins doesn't attact VAT then you are unable to claim it back on the purchase of the machine.

If you buy hardware to resell then you can claim the VAT back as you would charge it on the sale.

This was the advice given to me by my accountants after discussion with HMRC.

Not saying it's 100% correct as this is new territory but something to be wary of.

+1 http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/start/register/when-to-register.htm

You have to be a business selling goods and/or services regularly and you have to charge VAT on all sales/service invoices.
..... yes? That is how VAT works.

All I'm saying is you don't get the additional hit of 20% high purchase price, instead you lose 20% of your profit (or -20% of a loss).

Sorry dogie, wasn't aimed at you just at people thinking that getting VAT registered was a simple "fix" just letting them know there is more to it than being a sensible person Smiley

Plus the fact you still have to pay the 20% VAT on entry to the country, you don't get out of paying it by being VAT registered, its just you get to claim it back from the government later that quarter.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
with these taxes never roi Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Be careful with the VAT in the UK, it's not as straightforward as just registering and claiming it back/not paying it and if you get it wrong the penalties are not pleasant.

To claim VAT back on outputs you need to be charging VAT on the inputs you can't just use one side.

So because the sale of bitcoins doesn't attact VAT then you are unable to claim it back on the purchase of the machine.

If you buy hardware to resell then you can claim the VAT back as you would charge it on the sale.

Not saying it's 100% correct as this is new territory but something to be wary of.

You have to be a business selling goods and/or services regularly and you have to charge VAT on all sales/service invoices.
..... yes? That is how VAT works.

All I'm saying is you don't get the additional hit of 20% high purchase price, instead you lose 20% of your profit (or -20% of a loss).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Someone from europe can look & tell, after a certificate of conformitee CE when he receive the miner
have one batch 2 order - but german customs, ..

thx

Indeed, I am also waiting for batch 2 to be shipped. It would be nice if someone from europe from batch 1 could give us some update on the custom tax price paid fro a S2 miner.

Thanks.  Wink
Pug
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
-
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I have computer company vat number
Do you know if I can not pay vat?
I did not pay vat from Europe company like knc

Is the same with imports from china?
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Activity: 826
Merit: 314
GIF by SOCIFI
When I ordered 2 S1's I had to pay 50 euros total taxes for UPS ( living in the Netherlands ), so I hope that it won't be higher then 400-500 euros for 2 S2's. When bitmain shipped the S'1s they declared a lower value, I hope they are gonna do it for the S2 as well.

Please Bitmain, It would be nice if you can lower the value due to taxes.

Thanks  Smiley

That was in the past. I also paid like 50 euros for the first S1, but that was when they use to declare 120$ for each miner. Now they will declare full value for every miner. At least, that is what they told me. Of course it will be nice if we could pay less, but Bitmain could be in legal trouble with so many miners going around if they look up their webpage for the real value  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Jump to: