Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 2. (Read 355604 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I've put up a new master cgminer AntS2 firmware in my cgminer-binaries git
of current git cgminer 4.9.1+ modified from the last Bitmain firmware 29-Oct-2014 and including all the changes I did last year
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2

Thank you

Where is the folder to ssh in to and up the chip speed? Is not in the normal or old spot and your max is 200m
If they had somewhere a way to change that in their last release, it's still in the same place.

To directly change it in the /config/cgminer.conf it's
 "bitmain-freq" : "40:196:5f06",

If you want to add another one to the web menu its:
 /www/pages/cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi
add it in the select list there lines: 172 to 175

Edit: if you (or anyone) wants me to add more settings there in the base firmware, just let me know and I'll add them in so next release has the extra settings.
You need to tell me the settings you want i.e. as above "40:196:5f06"
The numbers are "timeout:frequency:regdata"
legendary
How to understand the line in 1000 (halfspeed)
The settings run at half speed half power.
Not very useful, but it's not wasted energy either since it's half the power needed.

I added that one simply coz the last lot of changes by bitmain to the S2 was to hack that into cgminer.
In their last S2 version they send those settings twice to cgminer and ignore one of them.
It took me a bit of time messing around with the settings until I realised it didn't matter and they just didn't bother to remove them from --bitmain-options

While doing that, I was running that setting and it was hashing at half speed and half the power, so I added that one also.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
flashed update. frequency settings have the following items:

How to understand the line in 1000 (halfspeed)
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
of current git cgminer 4.9.1+ modified from the last Bitmain firmware 29-Oct-2014 and including all the changes I did last year

Thank you

Where is the folder to ssh in to and up the chip speed? Is not in the normal or old spot and your max is 200m
It's amazing. For s1, s3, s4, s5 - have similar firmware, but s2 not. It is not fair!
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
whether there is support - Extranonce subscription in the firmware? Thank you.
No and never will be.
Not interested in adding another MITM stratum security risk.
Why? there's a reason for this?

"Extranonce subscription" = altcoin, which conman and kano have indicated that cgminer will not support. 

btc4lyfe
No and never will be.
Why? there's a reason for this?
legendary
No and never will be.
legendary
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Is there a firmware update to support - Extranonce subscription?

Couldn't find a way to do it. You basically can't mine on Nicehash because there are huge rejections 10-20%.

I have a working build of 4.9 that will run on the beaglebone but the libraries I compiled with are newer / older than some of the ones on the most recent firmware. This in turn causes a ton of problems. I've been trying to get a build of angstrom1-4 built to run in qemu so I could match the libraries but I just dont understand how I can get my image to boot and the yocto1-4 distribution doesn't build on the latest ubuntu either. Sad If I could boot into angstrom or a yocto build emulated in qemu using the beaglebone as hardware with a dev set that includes apt-get I'd go through the trouble of compiling a new cgminer but I'm pretty much stuck at that step and am running a incompatible image instead.

Steps I took:
Unknown-Image (I've compiled over 20 images at this point, I have no idea which one I'm running anymore)
compile linaro-qemu
run qemu-system-arm -M beaglebone
Compile cgminer (in qemu running an armv7 system using beaglebone as forced hardware set)
Elf edit to linker for angstrom build on s2
Elf edit to point to /lib and /usr/lib on s2
scp binary to s2
Library errors / Segment fault (I'm assuming this is because I didn't compile using the arm linker in the angstrom build and trying to force that linker causes a seg fault in my vm that I build on)
Huh

I can provide the non working binary if anyone is interested.

Also, all of this, because I honestly cant figure out how to properly setup a cross compilation tool chain  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
The thirst of gain makes them want it anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

Couldn't find a way to do it. You basically can't mine on Nicehash because there are huge rejections 10-20%.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
How about some news on the S2 Upgrade kits ? Has that plan been abandoned ?

It has been quite some time since news has been posted about that development. Still have an S2 kicking around, collecting dust, because an upgrade path was (still is ?) in-the-works.

Is there not a thread for that? S2 Upgrade Information

Ugg. Everywhere we look ANTIMINER this and that.

No wonder no one can find anything.
Activity: 353
Guy,

am pulling PSU from my S2 to power my PC but i cant find 5 pin to HDD power line. Anyone know where I can find some?
legendary
Activity: 784

It has been quite some time since news has been posted about that development. Still have an S2 kicking around, collecting dust, because an upgrade path was (still is ?) in-the-works.

I've been asking for months.  Seems they'd rather sell more of their last gen chips in the S4+ and invent PSUs with cheap wiring.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 924
Can anyone tell me if a 750w psu would be able to run an s2 with just 5 or 6 hashing boards? The reason I ask is because I recently bought one off ebay. It ran fine for ~ a week. Yesterday the psu caught fire, so I took it out and am now waiting on a new one. I have a 750 running an s3 and I'm just trying to maximize my potential. Any input is appreciated.

Check the data on the PSU.
Make sure the 12v rails have enough 12v capacity.
Just because a PSU says 750W does not mean the 12v rails will provide a full 750W.
The newer ones do list them as such but most older ones is a "total of all" the various voltages...
Check out Server PSUs on ebay for replacements rather than desktop PSUs.

If you have a bunch of 12V miners running on PSUs PM me and I will get you some info.

MM

The psu I have is a Corsair CXM Series CX750. On the +12v rail it is 62 amp 744 watts. I'm just wondering if it will run 5 or 6 of the boards until my new supply comes in, which according to ebay won't be for about a week and a half. I guess maybe I should have asked what the wattage of each board is?

An S2 PSU is 1100W correct?

10-blades = 110W x6 blades = 660W

So yes and just run it on 5 blades if it does not.
They all come with 1050w Gold psu's and typical draw is 1060w total at wall.  These psu's are under rated so they do fine maintaing this draw.  10 blades + controller + fans + lcd.  Figure 90w+ per each of the 10 cards.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
Can anyone tell me if a 750w psu would be able to run an s2 with just 5 or 6 hashing boards? The reason I ask is because I recently bought one off ebay. It ran fine for ~ a week. Yesterday the psu caught fire, so I took it out and am now waiting on a new one. I have a 750 running an s3 and I'm just trying to maximize my potential. Any input is appreciated.

Check the data on the PSU.
Make sure the 12v rails have enough 12v capacity.
Just because a PSU says 750W does not mean the 12v rails will provide a full 750W.
The newer ones do list them as such but most older ones is a "total of all" the various voltages...
Check out Server PSUs on ebay for replacements rather than desktop PSUs.

If you have a bunch of 12V miners running on PSUs PM me and I will get you some info.

MM

The psu I have is a Corsair CXM Series CX750. On the +12v rail it is 62 amp 744 watts. I'm just wondering if it will run 5 or 6 of the boards until my new supply comes in, which according to ebay won't be for about a week and a half. I guess maybe I should have asked what the wattage of each board is?

An S2 PSU is 1100W correct?

10-blades = 110W x6 blades = 660W

So yes and just run it on 5 blades if it does not.
Pages:
Jump to: