Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 10. (Read 355604 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
The image file and the free software to write the image to the MicroSD card is located at https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140413044945482bs4xshkh072D

The software to write directly to the MicroSD card is

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-partition-tool.zip

Thank you that looks like what I need.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
The image file and the free software to write the image to the MicroSD card is located at https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140413044945482bs4xshkh072D

The software to write directly to the MicroSD card is

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-partition-tool.zip

Looks like my flash card got corrupted when the power went out recently. Won't reboot. This happened once before but it was a long time ago so I don't remember the procedure to recover. Thanks for any help!

use a class 10 card when reimaging. It will survive power blips that often crap out the class 4 cards

Where can I get a working image?

legendary
Looks like my flash card got corrupted when the power went out recently. Won't reboot. This happened once before but it was a long time ago so I don't remember the procedure to recover. Thanks for any help!

use a class 10 card when reimaging. It will survive power blips that often crap out the class 4 cards

Where can I get a working image?

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I try to overclocked with corsair 1200i

But without result
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Don't OC with the standard PSU - it will kill it....... Wink
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
I am trying 2 OC with stock PSU. Current heat went up from 54-55 to 58-60.

Might kill the PSU.

Will downgrade back to 1th. The gain is merely 10% and its not worth a new PSU.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Any one overclocked with new frpirmware the s2 details
Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
how much is your electricitiy Bill HuhHuhHuhHuh?

donator
If it works at Nicehash, please let us know if there are any issues hashing there.

donator
Let us know the test result!  Hope it works well for you!!!

Flashed new firmware... So far everything is great... I am testing on nicehash now, and with old firmware I could not mine there...
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Flashed new firmware... So far everything is great... I am testing on nicehash now, and with old firmware I could not mine there...
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Thanx! I'll try it after weekend.  Cheesy
donator
YES!  

Also, there is a hardware, factory-reset switch.  It's the hole on the bottom left of the LCD display of the S2.

After logging in to 192.168.1.99 - perform a factory rest.
I guess this is the last question: is that "Reset to defaults" on System->Upgrade tab?..

And if you could.... Take klondike_bar's recommendation!!!  (It does make a big difference & a Time Savor)  Thank you, klondike_bar Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

legendary
I guess this is the last question: is that "Reset to defaults" on System->Upgrade tab?..
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Should we stop cgminer before upgrade or we should not to care about it and just flash new firmware?  Roll Eyes

Just flash - it's fully automated..... Wink

But uncheck the keep settings box.
legendary
Should we stop cgminer before upgrade or we should not to care about it and just flash new firmware?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Thanks to Bitmain for letting me test the betas on my node, it's good to see Bitmain still care about p2pool & it's users  Smiley

Indeed, restored a little faith there. Thanks for testing it out with p2pool too, hopefully they'll start doing more testing with their firmware & p2pool on all future releases......

Upgraded earlier & all went well - NO MORE SECURITY WORRIES!!! Hash rate has improved & DOA decreased slightly here also - excellent. There's life in the ol'S2's yet eh?  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
I don't want to risk truying it... Sorry...

Who does?..

Cheesy Cheesy

Don't worry - it's safe & a good improvement over the last version, as well as fixing the security issues. I've been running it for 8 hours now without issue, very happy with it. A few tips to ensure a successful upgrade:

Uncheck the "keep settings" box when flashing - you'll have to re-enter your settings after.
It works with mdudes Antmonitor as an S3.

I highly recommend everyone with an S2 upgrade to this firmware. Thanks Bitmain (at last)  Wink

EDIT: You can see the improvements on my p2pool node here:  http://iyftech.zapto.org:9332/static/graphs.html?Day  (I installed the firmware just before 3 am - scroll down to the S2 graph) I'm using a queue setting of 1 atm - I'll test with 0 later today. The cgminer parameter settings are now on line 60 of the /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh file for changing the queue settings for p2pool. The hash rate is higher & the DOA/reject rate is lower with p2pool & this firmware - it's a good upgrade.

Thanks to Bitmain for letting me test the betas on my node, it's good to see Bitmain still care about p2pool & it's users  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: