Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 8. (Read 355604 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
November 20, 2014, 06:26:33 PM
You can overclock the S2 from the web UI with the new firmware in the advanced tab. I wouldn't recommend doing so with the standard PSU though  Wink
So have you overclocked it? What is your result?

Marginal - not worth it.

my bestshare value rarely moves increases compared to my s1's and s3's. 

It does have the most recent firmware too.

any ideas why it doesn't move and should I be concerned? 

Your best share value will only increase when you find a share that was bigger than the last best share.

No.

Peace  Smiley
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
November 20, 2014, 03:00:26 PM
I have one s2 amongst all my other mining gear. 

my bestshare value rarely moves increases compared to my s1's and s3's. 

It does have the most recent firmware too.

any ideas why it doesn't move and should I be concerned? 
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
November 20, 2014, 02:15:50 PM
You can overclock the S2 from the web UI with the new firmware in the advanced tab. I wouldn't recommend doing so with the standard PSU though  Wink
So have you overclocked it? What is your result?
November 20, 2014, 12:12:17 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 20, 2014, 09:07:43 AM
I posted this in a different discussion but I noticed that this one is labeled active, please excuse my forum faux pas. I'm hoping someone here can help me since I am a relatively new to using antminers. I have three s1's and two s3's and I just bought my first s2. I have successfully ssh into the s1's and s3's and have overclocked/underclocked without any problems, but for some reason I cannot edit the /etc/config in the s2. I open putty and enter root/admin and instead of seeing the normal welcome screen all I see is a line "root@antminer:~#", then I enter "/etc/config" and it says "-sh: /etc/config: not found". I have updated to the latest firmware from Bitmain and have rebooted several times. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Did you got any answer to this I would like also to know the answer.
Activity: 353
November 16, 2014, 09:18:07 AM
The more i think about it ... the more i am thinking to try something else. Few tube manufacture are giving great rates and good th/kw. I all ways liked Bitmaintech but it seems they no longer value their customer anymore...
Activity: 147
Merit: 104
November 16, 2014, 05:16:19 AM
Antminer,

Some of us are second hand purchaser of S2 and would like to enjoy the rebate. We would like to purchase the new units and hope to gain the same discount. I have 10 units of S2 which i purchase second hand.

I can give you some S4 coupons for free, send me your UserID  on PM.
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
November 16, 2014, 04:57:51 AM
Antminer,

Some of us are second hand purchaser of S2 and would like to enjoy the rebate. We would like to purchase the new units and hope to gain the same discount. I have 10 units of S2 which i purchase second hand.

Ask your seller he got coupons.
Or donate me 0.1BTC
and I'll donate you 10 S4 coupons
November 16, 2014, 04:32:44 AM
Antminer,

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
November 16, 2014, 01:04:55 AM
BITMAIN Promotion plan for S3+, S4 and C1
$50 coupon for S3+, $400 coupon for S4 and $50 coupon for C1 are issued to customers who ever bought miners from BITMAIN or our official distributors Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 15, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
Where can buy new  motherboard?

i have power issues with two S2.
one working only with 8 modules, another with 9 modules.
with 10 modules, it turns off after 30sec when mining starts.
Tryed different slots, reset, 1250W PSU nothing help.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 14, 2014, 10:36:34 PM
that i know but at least an offer for the upgrade should be given. It is up to the buyer to upgrade or not.
At a huge cost of making PCBs which no one will buy and don't currently fit in any other formfactor?
November 14, 2014, 10:31:16 PM
that i know but at least an offer for the upgrade should be given. It is up to the buyer to upgrade or not.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 14, 2014, 06:41:05 PM
I would like to stir the hornet's nest ...

What happen to our 1.8TH to 2TH upgrade pack??? Have we forgotten the promises and barely fullfill with just a firmware upgrade?? Where is our pitch fork... where is our burning broom stick ...

March March March!!!!

Grin Grin Grin

As in the original S4 announcement, it was decided there would be no point selling blades for an S2 as the power consumptions weren't that improved and S2's were still viable on their own. [Speculation, have no information] Maybe a more efficient board will be made into S2 upgrades.
November 14, 2014, 06:22:18 PM
I would like to stir the hornet's nest ...

What happen to our 1.8TH to 2TH upgrade pack??? Have we forgotten the promises and barely fullfill with just a firmware upgrade?? Where is our pitch fork... where is our burning broom stick ...

March March March!!!!

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
November 12, 2014, 05:20:22 PM
They don't need to do it. People will buy mining hardware in any case.

Not true. Very few will buy something that makes no sense to buy.
We can buy BTC directly in US and 18 european countries via Coinbase.
However, it is not as much fun as mining, I agree.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
November 12, 2014, 05:16:38 PM
They don't need to do it. People will buy mining hardware in any case.

But it is nice to see that Bitmain have prolonged my S2 coupon till 15.11.2014.  Grin And gave me 6 AntMiner S3+ Coupons 0.035 BTC!
November 12, 2014, 12:04:11 PM
Can Bitmain answer the questions that have been asked about this on their thread please?
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
November 12, 2014, 10:22:08 AM
BITMAIN announces Antpool: Pushing forward Decentralization

We are pleased to announce Antpool (antpool.com) which is open for users all around the world. BITMAIN has invested significant resources into developing a bitcoin pool based on the p2pool mining protocol. BITMAIN reaffirms its commitment to help decentralize the Bitcoin network, strengthen the Bitcoin eco-system and put the majority of hashing power into the hands of consumers.

The p2pool protocol prevents hashing power being controlled by one central entity (the pool owner), and has been significantly developed during the development of Antpool. All p2pool code will be open sourced and uploaded on BITMAIN’s Github link this week https://github.com/bitmaintech/p2pool. Antpool supports solo mining as well.

Antpool has been proven to be stable and secure through its long testing period.  From August 22th to November 10th, 295 blocks were found and 7398 Bitcoins were mined. Further stats can be found here link https://www.antpool.com/poolStats.htm.

Antpool can be found at antpool.com, while miners now can connect at stratum.antpool.com:3333 for pooled mining, and will be able to connect at p2p.antpool.com:3333 for p2p mining this week. Pool nodes are deployed around the world to improve performance and provide redundancy. Miners are automatically routed their closest location, including:
  • United States
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Beijing
  • Shenzhen
  • Qingdao
  • Hangzhou and more.

Features
  • 0% fees and PPLNS earnings.
  • Graphical displays for hashing speeds, income and pool statistics.
  • Email warnings for underperforming miners. 
  • API and third party application support.
  • Support for miner groups, group statistics and management.

Forum & Ticket System
Users are able to access to Antpool with their BITMAIN account. The log in and ticket system is unified across all BITMAIN services, which allows communication and support to be more efficient. Miners now can buy mining rigs from bitmaintech.com and chose hosting service at Umisoo and mine at antpool.com.

Your feedback is important for us to develop and improve our products.
Ticket page: support.bitmain.com
Forum Page: forum.bitmain.com

Pages:
Jump to: