Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 205. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Regarding the PSU, I contacted Enermax to inquire about the ERV1000EWT-G. I asked:

(1) What is the expected MTBF for this PSU if placed under a 85% or 90% load continuously?
(2) What is the maximum recommended continuous load for this PSU?

This is the response I received:

1.     We do not have figures for MTBF at 85% or 90% load, but similar calculations show that at 100% load, the MTBF will be 42% less than in 70% load.

2.     1000W.  Yet please note that the best efficiency of this power supply is at 350~600W load range.  If system is constantly run at 800~1000W, we recommended to use 1500W PSU for best power consumption consideration.

Of course, the one caveat is that I do not know for sure that this is the exact model of PSU being used in the S2.

42% of unknown is still unknown

Did they say what the MTBF is at 70%?

Shouldn't they say more instead of less ? Running 100%load with 42% less failure than running 70% load ?
Doesnt feel right ? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
how did you snag a bitmain shirt? I have ordered ~15 S1 units this year and no shirt lol

A dozen Antminers and no T-Shirt Sad I'll have to ask for one when I order one of these fancy new 1THs rigs next month Wink
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
how did you snag a bitmain shirt? I have ordered ~15 S1 units this year and no shirt lol
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
In the past few days, the blockchain.info API stopped working and we cannot confirm all the transaction until yesterday. We had to manually confirm some of the orders, but the man hands' speed could not be compared with computer, so lots of order were delayed in shipping. We feel sorry for what happened, and we are deploying the second payment API, and our private payment service is planning.

We will adjust the price of the S1, and starts to sell Batch 3 of S2. All the orders which is influenced by above accident will get coupons.

This is why I buy all my gear from BITMAIN.  Proper communication and exceptional customer service.  Bravo.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I couldn't give a rats ass about nanometers or "sexy" miners (seriously you guys need to get out more). All I care about is price, delivery, reliability, hash rate, and power usage.

Have to agree.  "Sexy" looking miners that don't ROI aren't going to pay the bills.  And women don't pull their clothes off because your server looks "cool".  They pull their clothes off because your miner is filling your wallet with BTC.

Yep pretty much I agree with you ... Spondoolies-Tech made some beautiful 1.25U 1.4TH/s miner ($4999) yet you will never make your money back on that machine especially next batch is released early May... Bitmain, if you can lower prices even more you will beat all competition out of the park again.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
In the past few days, the blockchain.info API stopped working and we cannot confirm all the transaction until yesterday. We had to manually confirm some of the orders, but the man hands' speed could not be compared with computer, so lots of order were delayed in shipping. We feel sorry for what happened, and we are deploying the second payment API, and our private payment service is planning.

We will adjust the price of the S1, and starts to sell Batch 3 of S2. All the orders which is influenced by above accident will get coupons.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500

Sorry it's creasy, I was at work yesterday..... Smiley

Edit: Sorry I don't know how to make small pic.
Activity: 280
Boom, mine now shows as paid.  Thanks Bitmain!  I wasn't kidding about that T-shirt doe Tongue

Got 2.

I will assemble all my miners in them. Smiley

pics or cryptographic proof.  Those are the only things I trust.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Boom, mine now shows as paid.  Thanks Bitmain!  I wasn't kidding about that T-shirt doe Tongue

Got 2.

I will assemble all my miners in them. Smiley
Activity: 252
Regarding the PSU, I contacted Enermax to inquire about the ERV1000EWT-G. I asked:

(1) What is the expected MTBF for this PSU if placed under a 85% or 90% load continuously?

1.     We do not have figures for MTBF at 85% or 90% load, but similar calculations show that at 100% load, the MTBF will be 42% less than in 70% load.

2.     1000W.  Yet please note that the best efficiency of this power supply is at 350~600W load range.  If system is constantly run at 800~1000W, we recommended to use 1500W PSU for best power consumption consideration.

Of course, the one caveat is that I do not know for sure that this is the exact model of PSU being used in the S2.

42% of unknown is still unknown

Did they say what the MTBF is at 70%?

Activity: 81
I couldn't give a rats ass about nanometers or "sexy" miners (seriously you guys need to get out more). All I care about is price, delivery, reliability, hash rate, and power usage.

Have to agree.  "Sexy" looking miners that don't ROI aren't going to pay the bills.  And women don't pull their clothes off because your server looks "cool".  They pull their clothes off because your miner is filling your wallet with BTC.

Exactly. This guy is doing it right:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5769874

1. Exposed circuit boards and fans? Check.
2. Repurposed ATX power supplies? Check.
3. Miners that ship when ordered and ROI? Check.
4. Rat's nest of power and ethernet cables? Check
5. Girl taking off her clothes? Check.

All she needs now is an Antminer t-shirt.

How are the S2s coming BITMAIN? Any updated pictures for us? Some information on the number and fan types would be useful as well.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Have to agree.  "Sexy" looking miners that don't ROI aren't going to pay the bills.  And women don't pull their clothes off because your server looks "cool".  They pull their clothes off because your miner is filling your wallet with BTC.

Exactly. This guy is doing it right:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5769874

1. Exposed circuit boards and fans? Check.
2. Repurposed ATX power supplies? Check.
3. Miners that ship when ordered and ROI? Check.
4. Rat's nest of power and ethernet cables? Check
5. Girl taking off her clothes? Check.

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Does anyone still have any unresolved (paid immediately but expired) S2 orders made through the web site?

Not S2, but S1's yes.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 70
Does anyone still have any unresolved (paid immediately but expired) S2 orders made through the web site?

That is normal for this seller.
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
Activity: 77

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Can't really base this on much, as apple to apple comparison shows that no doubt BITMAIN's S2 looks to be a great box, but I can't help the feeling that re-using the 55nm chip is a bit "old tech re-factored". While one S2 will generally be more effective than equivalent GH/s of S1 AntMiners, the S2 just feels a bit pricey at the current prices due to the chosen approach and position in the newly changed market (Spondoolies "ultra cool" form factor and Chinese A1 copycat manufacturers supposedly selling 1TH/s at $3000 now).

When comparing physical density 1.25U (Spondoolies) vs. 4U (BITMAIN) the newcomer takes a clear lead, but it will be interesting to see BITMAIN's 28nm setup as it becomes available.

I'd be surprised if BITMAIN wouldn't drop the S2 price to position themselves more favourably.

Mature tech isn't neccesarily bad. For instance they've managed to provide a lot more chips for the same money and so are able to run them at low voltages to achieve similar W/GH as the next gen, but with the benefit of lower costs, ramped up production capacity and consistency.

Seems like lower cost is a major winner - unless you're paying for hosting costs and rack "U" space.  Running something at home - I'd rather see less expensive and less noisy.  If the Bitmain unit takes up a few more U in my rack - and is quiet and I can't hear it all over the house - AND it's cheaper - then that will be a major deciding factor.
Jump to: