Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 207. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Not really. Better form factor for sure, but value is not there.

And let's see if they actually deliver a working product first before giving them too much credit.  I think we can safely assume that BitMain will deliver on their promise but I'm very leery of anyone with no history.  Plus the stupid name, Spondoolies, makes them sound scammy, lol.

Btw, I was able to just now place an order online for batch 2.  I had an S2 in my cart from earlier today and was able to complete the transaction.  Now I'm just waiting for confirmation.  Fingers crossed.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
competition brings value  Wink
Activity: 434

Not really. Better form factor for sure, but value is not there.
ZiG
Activity: 406

Do you think so...?...Competition is a good thing for us...Let's the game begin !... Wink
Activity: 252
Glow Stick Dance!
I suck at math but if I ordered today and received my miner mid-April wouldn't the difficulty be well over six billion?

Yep, should be right around 6 billion after the next 2 or 3 adjustments.
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
I suck at math but if I ordered today and received my miner mid-April wouldn't the difficulty be well over six billion?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Still have room for some S2's!

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner (1w/GH/s) Batch 2   SOLD OUT

glad i got an order in on time. any new specs for us? Smiley I badly want to see how it overclocks!
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner (1w/GH/s) Batch 2   SOLD OUT
ZiG
Activity: 406
Does anybody know what Bitmain's coupon code policy is?  I've got multiple coupons sitting in my account - and I'd like the get another S1 on mined coin.  Slush has been slow lately so it's taking me a while to get there.  I'm trying to figure out when I'd have enough - but I'm not sure if Bitmain will let me use all three of the coupons I've got at once.

The last time I tried you could just use one coupon per miner. And for example if your coupons are from the S1 you are not going to be able to use them to purchase a S2

I bought one miner direct from them - when I went back to get a 2nd one , there was a coupon available so I used it (there was just one).  Then I went back to get a third one - and there was no coupon.  Now I've been looking at getting a 4th - and there are 3 coupons under my account.  It would be great if I could use all three of them at once - since I doubt I'll get three more of the S1's now that the S2 is coming out.

On their website ..."You can use one coupon per product" ...at the checkout...so NO luck... Huh
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Does anybody know what Bitmain's coupon code policy is?  I've got multiple coupons sitting in my account - and I'd like the get another S1 on mined coin.  Slush has been slow lately so it's taking me a while to get there.  I'm trying to figure out when I'd have enough - but I'm not sure if Bitmain will let me use all three of the coupons I've got at once.

The last time I tried you could just use one coupon per miner. And for example if your coupons are from the S1 you are not going to be able to use them to purchase a S2

I bought one miner direct from them - when I went back to get a 2nd one , there was a coupon available so I used it (there was just one).  Then I went back to get a third one - and there was no coupon.  Now I've been looking at getting a 4th - and there are 3 coupons under my account.  It would be great if I could use all three of them at once - since I doubt I'll get three more of the S1's now that the S2 is coming out.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrency Rules man!
Hey Bitmain and folks, I just placed and order and sent the BTC but my order showed unpaid then expired.  I hope my BTC didn't get sent to the Abyss... I e-mail your info about it, and was reading here saying not to use the payment system.  If your payment system was/is having problems, please notate that on the website, as now my order shows expired and I am unsure if you guys will be able to get to the BTC I sent you and ship my order in a timely manner. 

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up also, that even though it appears to be working right now because it generated me a QR code, don't buy through the website.  Do as instructed here and e-mail BITMAIN.

Look forward to a quick resolution, thank you!

I had the exact same problem and I can't use QR casue stupid Apple don't support it. I hope the money get return to my wallet soon.
Activity: 280
Hey Bitmain and folks, I just placed and order and sent the BTC but my order showed unpaid then expired.  I hope my BTC didn't get sent to the Abyss... I e-mail your info about it, and was reading here saying not to use the payment system.  If your payment system was/is having problems, please notate that on the website, as now my order shows expired and I am unsure if you guys will be able to get to the BTC I sent you and ship my order in a timely manner. 

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up also, that even though it appears to be working right now because it generated me a QR code, don't buy through the website.  Do as instructed here and e-mail BITMAIN.

Look forward to a quick resolution, thank you!
Activity: 574
Please drop the price of the S2!!
and S1 too!

Me too. 6 BTC for 1 TH/s receiving miner about 15th April will not ROI.
Activity: 826
Merit: 314
GIF by SOCIFI

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
S2 case is not like "Ant style" at all!
Wait for S3 but I don't know how to properly throw 6 coupons away.

maybe you can sell your account, how much is worth each?
A good idea!
6 AntMiner S1 Coupon 0.055 BTC

I checked and we can change all information on the account and sell it but we have to trust each other.
BTW, I may help some of my friends to go into Bitcoin world but I am afraid just in case Bitcoin get worse...

Glow Stick Dance!
Any idea how might be the hashing speed
1200 1300 1400 gh/s

I don't think there's any mystery here... everything written indicates it will be 1THs.
Activity: 569
Draws 1000 watts from the wall Assuming 90% is actually wattage used with gold psu, that's only 900 watts.

exactly. however, 90% draw is pretty intense for 24/7.  I beleive Bitmain is capable of knowing/understanding this so that they either use a quality enermax PSU or actually draw closer to 850W during normal operation. Its known the chips can achieve as low as 0.68J/GH (J=W) so its quite possible they are tuned to draw the ideal 80% of the psu rating.

we will know in 2 weeks or less. until then, its all just conjecture and imagination. The written specs dont give much info and are little more then an approximate placeholder.

at 850watt draw from a 1000watt PS, I would rather have $50-$100 more spent to get the 1350watt supply or the new 1100watt one.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Any idea how might be the hashing speed
1200 1300 1400 gh/s
Jump to: