Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 216. (Read 355730 times)

ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Now Juan is showing again in stock...this time is 5 S2's...?1
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Not to beat a dead horse or be confrontational, but what is so revolutionary about the S2 technology wise?  The enermax powersupplies?  The ugly silver case?  Please point out where they're pushing the edge.  The Lightning, Dragon, JT, etc are in the same space (1TH/s), are pricey at over $4k-5k each, but at least they're using 28nm A1s(stolen or not).

I'm just trying to see to value proposition with regards to the (same old)tech they're using.

28nm vs 55nm means nothing. All that matters is "up-front cost", "date of delivery", and "power draw". S2 wins against every other product on the market.

+1
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Kinda disappointed,not the "breakthrough" miner I had hoped....oh well,gotta wait for ASICminer's new chip I guess  Wink

Everyone always have nice things to say about asicminer but I can't find their thread, could you link me to it?
Activity: 81
Juan at 112bit.com had a few left several hours ago even after bitmaintech sold out, and I managed to snag one. I could of gotten 5xS1 for the same price but it'd be at twice the power consumption. Every day that the S2 ships early helps on the return though. If it doesn't ship until the 1st I think its going to have to be OC'd just to make a return. Which also probably means its going to need an new power supply and maybe fans because I doubt they are silent. A week early would be nice. That way it'll RoI without OC.

I do have one question though............can you use 2 PSU's instead of one Huh I like to balance the loads on my outlets,600 watts max per outlet is my goal  Wink

If your outlets are on the same circuit, its irrelevant.
ZiG
Activity: 406
There have been ONLY 20 pcs for pre-order...

But don't be sorry...according to my friends in Miami you can still grab one..just 1 kit left for pre-order...

https://www.112bit.com/product/antminer-s2-pre-order/

but be careful:

"IMPORTANT NOTE:

THIS IS A PREORDER OF BITMAIN TECH ANTMINER S2, DELAYS MAY OCCUR, ALL SALES ARE FINAL."

Till April...when I see them in stock...ready to ship...I will continue buying S1's...
SVK
Activity: 378
Somebody from UK is already selling these on E-Bay...
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
I just bought 10 S1's and I'm all broke of BTC. At these power requirements of S2 I could run 12TH easy on power I have available. With my S1's and KNCs, etc I'm running 2.6TH OC'd

If it's looked at that way, S2 is a splendid deal - only if I had the money.
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
One psu per ant miner?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I do have one question though............can you use 2 PSU's instead of one Huh I like to balance the loads on my outlets,600 watts max per outlet is my goal  Wink
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
wow sold out? I wish I had access to my cold storage earlier

Yep, sold like hot cookies from the bakery Wink
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
wow sold out? I wish I had access to my cold storage earlier
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I can't complain about Bitmain offering a competitively priced 1 TH miner that uses 1W/GH and should be available for immediate shipment in April.

I'm just curious how long Cointerra, Hashfast, Bitmine, Knc, BFL, and others are going to be able to continue their pre-order bullshit sales model starting in April now that cheaper hardware is available that ships immediately and is just as efficient.

Who in their right mind would order a 2TH Terraminer for 6k that ships in June after Bitmain releases their S2?  That move makes zero sense.

I love Bitmain!  Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Kinda disappointed,not the "breakthrough" miner I had hoped....oh well,gotta wait for ASICminer's new chip I guess  Wink

True that!  Doesn't matter what us minority miners think, somehow S2 is sold out already!

I too am anxiously awaiting AM's offering.  Competition, that's shipping now, is a good thing. 
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Activity: 504
Anyone know what happens to BITMAIN hashrate at Eligius?
It dissapear, where does it go?
Same with KNC.

Bitmain has never miner in Eligius they use their pools in China. KNC moved to their private pool today.
Activity: 504
you are correct i can't find one lower then 200.

but with 3 of these what do I need it for.  

http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-1000-Watt-Certified-FD-PSU-NT3W-1000W/dp/B009LHF5GM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394815491&sr=8-3&keywords=fractal+design+newton+1000+watt

plain and simple dumb move to force that psu on us.  we purchased  lots of antminers from them and now  they want to stick us with  psu's many of us don't need.

and I want the new gear but I feel that the psu is a problem for me.

Slightly unrelated but I am not impressed with Fractal Design PSUs. I have a FD 1000W Gold Plus certified one and it can't even power 2 stock AntMiners.

Thats bad, so bad. I have Chieftec Navitas 1250w Gold Plus which has been running 3 ants OC very fine.

http://www.chieftec.eu/images/stories/produkte/psu/navitas_series/gpm-1250c/GPM-1250C_PSU-DATASHEET-EN.pdf

like PM there said why do we want this bad 1kw psu while we have much much better ones.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
einc.io
Anyone know what happens to BITMAIN hashrate at Eligius?
It dissapear, where does it go?
Same with KNC.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
you are correct i can't find one lower then 200.

but with 3 of these what do I need it for.  

http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-1000-Watt-Certified-FD-PSU-NT3W-1000W/dp/B009LHF5GM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394815491&sr=8-3&keywords=fractal+design+newton+1000+watt

plain and simple dumb move to force that psu on us.  we purchased  lots of antminers from them and now  they want to stick us with  psu's many of us don't need.

and I want the new gear but I feel that the psu is a problem for me.

Slightly unrelated but I am not impressed with Fractal Design PSUs. I have a FD 1000W Gold Plus certified one and it can't even power 2 stock AntMiners.
Activity: 280
LOL You make Neptune's pre order folks jealous  Grin I am in

I am jealous, KNC better deliver a 10TH Neptune, since it cost us so much to buy.  Angry
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I don't see why people are complaining about the price. Seems right in line to me. Maybe a pinch cheaper, like 5.9 btc, but it's perfectly reasonable. You get everything, plug and play, at 1Th/s. Ease of use is worth a little more in my opinion. Only draw back ... They aren't shipping tomorrow. They are shipping in a week or two.

No! Don't say "in two weeks". You'll jinx them!

I wouldn't be surprised if they specifically chose the "two week" timeframe to essentially spit in BFL's face... with an early delivery before the clock runs out Wink
Jump to: