Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 217. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I don't see why people are complaining about the price. Seems right in line to me. Maybe a pinch cheaper, like 5.9 btc, but it's perfectly reasonable. You get everything, plug and play, at 1Th/s. Ease of use is worth a little more in my opinion. Only draw back ... They aren't shipping tomorrow. They are shipping in a week or two.

No! Don't say "in two weeks". You'll jinx them!
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

3) 4BTC?  5 S1's cost ~4.96BTC, have less chips and no PSU.  This ain't a charity.

It still has to be a valid purchase though, the S1's made that and returned ROI reasonably quickly @6BTC ROI will be 9-10 months away.

Slush's pool just added 220TH here the last couple of days and dropped my return per block down by 20%. With more power being added, 9-10 months away is generous and in scheme of things is way too long.

I noticed that, too.

Approx. cluster performance (30 min average):    1011315.784 Ghash/s
https://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/
Just a few minutes ago.

It was only 840 Thash/s last week. I guess they finally broke that 1 Ph/s mark. Funny because I was reading a post there last week that was talking about finally breaking the 1 Th/s mark. The mining industry is what is in a bubble right now. BTC will be just fine, but there are going to be a lot of bankrupt miners at the unemployment office over the next few years.
I don't see why people are complaining about the price. Seems right in line to me. Maybe a pinch cheaper, like 5.9 btc, but it's perfectly reasonable. You get everything, plug and play, at 1Th/s. Ease of use is worth a little more in my opinion. Only draw back ... They aren't shipping tomorrow. They are shipping in a week or two.
bitmain is known to ship early, but even then, I will have received at least 3TH/s of S1's....for alot less although 2x the heat/energy.

If I had the money, I would be buying up S1's right now, too. Then I would likely be selling them to the come lately's on ebay in May.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
No discount for S1 customers? Or even an email to old customers to notify them know you were releasing S2 soon?

ETA on batch two? I'm sure you've got a full stock just sitting on the shelves mining like you did with all the S1s.

Also can we get some info on the fans and how hot the run on average? Also can you give your local average temperatures currently so we can compare with our own local temps.

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Somehow I got a feeling bitmain seeing this thread in silence and read any comments here, and you guys know for what right ?

So I wish I can change some opinion and hopefully changes the price @_@

1. 55nm. Like it or not a 55nm need more electricity and hotter than 28nm. Hotter means less durability, Ive seen in CPU and it should be similar to this or any chip.
2. A preorder 2TH is coming from "you know who" in less than $6000 that shipped start at 30 April. As I said from point 1, that a 28nm will need less electricity, that 2TH have a 28nm with only 1050 watt. And again its preorder.
3. In TH perspective it should be $2900 minus case and PSU ($200 in my calculation and divide by 2 since S2 only has 1TH).
4. For an old technology (55nm), hotter, more hunger, it should cheaper than 28nm (Even thought I know a 55nm production more costly than a 28nm).

So even if there's people sayin it sold 5 or 10 items, I still hoping it down to $2500 (with case and a 1200 watt PSU).

Thank you Smiley
Sorry, which preorder are you talking about that does 2TH/s at 1050W, and costs $6000?

Probably BA Prospero X-3:

www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html
Given Black Arrow hasn't gotten any silicon in yet and given their history of delays, I would say that the two units are not close to comparable TBH. The chips are inhand for Bitmain and already well characterized. The BA ones are still wafers in processing, and who knows what the power will come in at. Bitmain's software and board designs are likely tested, ready to go and in mass production, if they're not already in assembly or mining away; Black Arrow hasn't ever tested their chips or verified that the board and software work yet. Bitmain has a tested and proven assembly procedure and distribution channels, BA has yet to show they can produce and ship mass quantities of miners.

Not saying BA won't ship by April 30th, but I'd say it's way more likely all the S2's that got ordered ship by April 1st than an X3 ordered today getting shipped by April 30th.

Agree, Im still in loved with S1 thought... Anyway since 6x S1 is better (only about $75 per month different in my country) and 2 changes of difficult, I hope S2 cheaper.  I have been good times with S1, so yes I love to buy 1 and more after ROI... After 1-2 mass production offcourse, maybe after more than 20 posts in ebay Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
bitmain is known to ship early, but even then, I will have received at least 3TH/s of S1's....for alot less although 2x the heat/energy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Somehow I got a feeling bitmain seeing this thread in silence and read any comments here, and you guys know for what right ?

1. 55nm. Like it or not a 55nm need more electricity and hotter than 28nm. Hotter means less durability, Ive seen in CPU and it should be similar to this or any chip.
2. A preorder 2TH is coming from "you know who" in less than $6000 that shipped start at 30 April. As I said from point 1, that a 28nm will need less electricity, that 2TH have a 28nm with only 1050 watt. And again its preorder.
3. In TH perspective it should be $2900 minus case and PSU ($200 in my calculation and divide by 2 since S2 only has 1TH).
4. For an old technology (55nm), hotter, more hunger, it should cheaper than 28nm (Even thought I know a 55nm production more costly than a 28nm).

So even if there's people sayin it sold 5 or 10 items, I still hoping it down to $2500 (with case and a 1200 watt PSU).

Thank you Smiley
Sorry, which preorder are you talking about that does 2TH/s at 1050W, and costs $6000?

Given Black Arrow hasn't gotten any silicon in yet and given their history of delays, I would say that the two units are not close to comparable TBH. The chips are inhand for Bitmain and already well characterized. The BA ones are still wafers in processing, and who knows what the power will come in at. Bitmain's software and board designs are likely tested, ready to go and in mass production, if they're not already in assembly or mining away; Black Arrow hasn't ever tested their chips or verified that the board and software work yet. Bitmain has a tested and proven assembly procedure and distribution channels, BA has yet to show they can produce and ship mass quantities of miners.

Not saying BA won't ship by April 30th, but I'd say it's way more likely all the S2's that got ordered ship by April 1st than an X3 ordered today getting shipped by April 30th.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
I expected better...

Rumors were the S2 was going to be 1Th/s at $1000, that would have really set the mining community on fire.  Still not a bad mining option though, too bad it sold out already!  Cry

Thank you Smiley

Check PM, I cant share that here, it would make me an elabolator Smiley
But someone already answer >.<

Not true with the existing designs. Bitfury's are 55nm, and they are lower power than anything else available.

Theres 2 answer for this...
1. It makes S2 should cheaper Smiley
2. Bitfury not design as it should be, I cant said much since this is bitmain thread but two keywords "compressed" and "more expensive"
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Not true with the existing designs. Bitfury's are 55nm, and they are lower power than anything else available.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥

Thank you Smiley

legendary

Thank you Smiley

So even if there's people sayin it sold 5 or 10 items or sold out, I still hoping it down to $2500 (with case and a 1200 watt PSU). Since it will be two things in my mind, It would be marketing work to hold the price OR its true and would do mass production with some revisions (better performance and less expensive)

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
NO need to worry... SOLD OUT Angry

Well that makes my decision much easier!   Grin

More Ant S1s it is. 
Activity: 327
aaaand its gone.
Activity: 351
NO need to worry... SOLD OUT Angry
legendary
I have  3 high quality 1000 watt psu running 6 s-1's .  my need for the psu is 0

So an good enermax cost 150 usd shipping is 20 usd.

Sell me a 1th unit without the psu.

reduce the price to 5.6btc maybe 5.5btc
Sorry, where can you buy a 1000W Gold Enermax for $150?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007657%20600037998%20600014107%20600014110%20600112163&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

you are correct i can't find one lower then 200.

but with 3 of these what do I need it for.  

http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-1000-Watt-Certified-FD-PSU-NT3W-1000W/dp/B009LHF5GM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394815491&sr=8-3&keywords=fractal+design+newton+1000+watt

plain and simple dumb move to force that psu on us.  we purchased  lots of antminers from them and now  they want to stick us with  psu's many of us don't need.

and I want the new gear but I feel that the psu is a problem for me.
I actually just bought one of those in black, it's a pretty nice PSU. PCIe cables are quite short though.
Think this was a sign for me to wait til price of these comes down, in the meantime, more S1's it is.
Even more so when you consider that the S2 is still a pre-order product; they don't exist yet and there may be unforeseen delays.

Claiming they "don't exist" is a bit of a stretch. Bitmain has a track record of not announcing products until they are very close to shipping. They don't do 6 month in advance pre-orders like other companies.

Yes, when they say they are shipping 4-1-14, then that is probably right.  They've always been spot on with their shipping dates.  I've ordered a ton from them.
or they could come a little sooner as BITMAIN has been known to do....BUT alas they SOLD OUT...dam just on the page, hit refresh and POOF, THEY ARE NOW GONE!!
Jump to: