Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 22. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
And with Kano firmware will hit 3 th?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
What? Are there several kano's firmwares? Personally I know only one: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
What kano firmware offer at s2 better hashing speed?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
One of my boards has 16 bad chips. Does anyone know if this is replaceable or is it still within standards? I tried e-mailing [email protected] last week but never got a response. I never get the full 1 Th/s I'm usually at 970 Gh/s then it will creep down to 930 Gh/s.

The weird thing is that when I do a full power off and turn the s2 back on it will show all chips working for 12-24 hours then the first 16 chips on the board turn to x's as seen here:

I've seen a few other people in other threads who experienced the same problem but I don't see any posts about resolving the issue. I've tried swapping the bad board into a different slot as well as pressing all the chips on the board. So it's not a problem with the slot and is definitely something wrong with that board.

Probably a failing DC/DC regulator.  Pull that board from your machine and overclock the rest of the boards until you're back at 1TH.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Dunno, can we trust you?
We can do escrow or Paypal, I'm happy with either.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Dunno, can we trust you?

If he said yes - would you - treat bitcoin like cash

[edit] I probably would with a small amount btw
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Dunno, can we trust you?
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
AntMiner Jumper Switch- Bitcoin Miner Accessory

Global Sales start on July 31, will close on August  6th. Shipping starts on August 27th.

PC Power Supply has been widely used to power Bitcoin Miners, but users have to use the paper clip or other metal line to short blue line and black line of the PSU 24 pin interface before powering Bitcoin Miners. It is troublesome thing to short lines, and may lead to unstable power supply.

Here we are glad to introduce a new Bitcoin Miner Accessory - AntMiner Jumper Switch, which is to provide a convenient and effective method to start PSU. Only need to connect it to the PSU 24 pin interface, then press the “Switch”.

Only Available at http://www.bitmaintech.com

Very nice and simple design.why a minimum of 500 to be bought though?

Yeah - a "20 or 50 pack" would be good...

If enough people are interested, I'll order 500 and parse them out in bunches of 25s.  I've been meaning to work on my trust rating anyway.  Anyone interested?
Activity: 574

Global Sales start on July 31, will close on August  6th. Shipping starts on August 27th.

PC Power Supply has been widely used to power Bitcoin Miners, but users have to use the paper clip or other metal line to short blue line and black line of the PSU 24 pin interface before powering Bitcoin Miners. It is troublesome thing to short lines, and may lead to unstable power supply.

Here we are glad to introduce a new Bitcoin Miner Accessory - AntMiner Jumper Switch, which is to provide a convenient and effective method to start PSU. Only need to connect it to the PSU 24 pin interface, then press the “Switch”.

Yeah - a "20 or 50 pack" would be good...
Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com

legendary
My chips are OK now, but what does it mean (the same board, top in this list) when the board's temperature value change it's colour from black to this under-red colour? I saw it at temperature value 52, 55 degrees, without any "x".
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
One of my boards has 16 bad chips. Does anyone know if this is replaceable or is it still within standards? I tried e-mailing [email protected] last week but never got a response. I never get the full 1 Th/s I'm usually at 970 Gh/s then it will creep down to 930 Gh/s.

The weird thing is that when I do a full power off and turn the s2 back on it will show all chips working for 12-24 hours then the first 16 chips on the board turn to x's as seen here:

I've seen a few other people in other threads who experienced the same problem but I don't see any posts about resolving the issue. I've tried swapping the bad board into a different slot as well as pressing all the chips on the board. So it's not a problem with the slot and is definitely something wrong with that board.
legendary
I would like to replace two front fans with Noctua NF-A14 PWM, and original chinese fans will be spare fans... They are too hot at their center after rotating for a while at 2400-2500 rpm, has anyone tried to grease them?
What would you say about Noctua fans? Is it good idea?
legendary
What does it say your speed is on the pool? Could it just be a error being reported to the LCD?
Sure it can be a firmware issue while at ozco.in side it shows 1,104.92 GHash/s.
is it safe the change of firmware? What temperature you got with that?
At least the process goes smoothly.  Cheesy The temperature of the boards is about 47-50ºC, 54º at hottest (upper in the list) board. All that is displaying in web interface. LCD shows 49.8ºC. S2 is now at my home, this evening I'll move it to my working place where the air conditioner can make an ambient even 19ºC...
S2 is discontinued?
Sorry, what do you mean? It reboots after firmware upgrade, if you mean that.  Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
We are hitting the wall now for asic efficiency.         .6 watts/gh
Activity: 742
Hello everyone,

Last Batch of AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner is Sold Out.

Smiley
Will be Antminer S4 ?

Could be... S2 is now gone from the website. Maybe they are re-engineering the S2, rumor had it that some people got S2's that hashed at 2Th, so I wonder if the S4 will be 2 Th/s.  That would be a start, but they need something to compete with Spondoolies which I think is starting to eat into their marketshare. As soon as the S3 sold out in Batch 3, the SP30 (6Th/s) September batch sold out.

The SP30 September batch did not sell out. Spondoolies stopped selling it when they got chips, assembled working units, and learned that it would not meet the advertised performance of 6TH/s at 2500W.
legendary
Merit: 1000
Could be... S2 is now gone from the website. Maybe they are re-engineering the S2, rumor had it that some people got S2's that hashed at 2Th, so I wonder if the S4 will be 2 Th/s.  That would be a start, but they need something to compete with Spondoolies which I think is starting to eat into their marketshare. As soon as the S3 sold out in Batch 3, the SP30 (6Th/s) September batch sold out.

Where did you hear them rumours?  Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
Hello everyone,

Last Batch of AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner is Sold Out.

Smiley
Will be Antminer S4 ?

Could be... S2 is now gone from the website. Maybe they are re-engineering the S2, rumor had it that some people got S2's that hashed at 2Th, so I wonder if the S4 will be 2 Th/s.  That would be a start, but they need something to compete with Spondoolies which I think is starting to eat into their marketshare. As soon as the S3 sold out in Batch 3, the SP30 (6Th/s) September batch sold out.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Kano ?
Kano, works on the cgminer team.
Edit: here's his github page for the S2: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
Kano's firmware shows now 3 Th on LCD screen of my S2... And 6233 for last 5 minutes.

And I still can not change default passworb via web-interface...

What does it say your speed is on the pool? Could it just be a error being reported to the LCD?
Pages:
Jump to: