Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 23. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Kano ?
Kano, works on the cgminer team.
Edit: here's his github page for the S2: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
Kano's firmware shows now 3 Th on LCD screen of my S2... And 6233 for last 5 minutes.

And I still can not change default passworb via web-interface...

is it safe the change of firmware? What temperature you got with that?

S2 is discontinued?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Kano ?
Kano, works on the cgminer team.
Edit: here's his github page for the S2: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS2
Kano's firmware shows now 3 Th on LCD screen of my S2... And 6233 for last 5 minutes.

And I still can not change default passworb via web-interface...
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

Last Batch of AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner is Sold Out.

Smiley
Will be Antminer S4 ?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Will someone kindly post the default asic-freq.config file (full contents)? Thanks.

Code:
root@antMiner:~# cat /etc/asic-freq.config
package 'cgminer'

config 'asic-freq' 'default'
    #option 'freq_value'    '4f81'  #400M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '400'
    #option 'timeout'       '35'

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #375M
    #option 'chip_freq'      '350'
    #option 'timeout'        '40'

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350M

#option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '325'
    #option 'timeout'       '40'

#option 'freq_value'    '0b81'  #300M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '300'
    #option 'timeout'       '53'

#option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'
        #option 'timeout'       '65'

#option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '200'
    #option 'timeout'       '80'

option 'freq_value'    '5f06'  #196M
    option 'chip_freq'     '196'
    option 'timeout'       '40'

#option 'freq_value'    '4f02'  #193M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '193'
    #option 'timeout'       '85'

I just noticed those funny characters at the top - but they are really there - checked 2 miners

Yes I see them on mine too. I'd deleted some of the entries and needed the full list without doing a factory reset, which resets the ipconfig back to static.

Really appreciate it. Thanks Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Will someone kindly post the default asic-freq.config file (full contents)? Thanks.

Code:
root@antMiner:~# cat /etc/asic-freq.config
package 'cgminer'

config 'asic-freq' 'default'
    #option 'freq_value'    '4f81'  #400M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '400'
    #option 'timeout'       '35'

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #375M

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350M

#option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '325'

#option 'freq_value'    '0b81'  #300M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '300'
    #option 'timeout'       '53'

#option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'
        #option 'timeout'       '65'

#option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '200'

option 'freq_value'    '5f06'  #196M
    option 'chip_freq'     '196'
    option 'timeout'       '40'

#option 'freq_value'    '4f02'  #193M
    #option 'chip_freq'     '193'
    #option 'timeout'       '85'

I just noticed those funny characters at the top - but they are really there - checked 2 miners
Activity: 157
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I'm not sure what the upgrade is... But I've heard firmware, just can't remember where... If that's the case it wouldn't be replacing anyting in the old unit.

Although - Increasing its hashing by .8 - 1.0 TH with simply firmware seems a bit of a stretch. So, I don't know.

Guess we'll just have to wait for another announcement! I'm sure now that the S3 released their R&D team will be focused on the project.
BM said they would be providing upgrade hardware for the S1/S2 owners in the announcement OP of the S3.  Not firmware.
Yea, been tracking this but nothing since mid Junish... Last word was August/Sept timeframe.

Late september would be fine with me… I can't picture any S2 owner wanting to upgrade right now because not even the batch 1 units have been in the game long enough to ROI… So with that said you would be throwing away money unless there was a way to use the old cards .. It would be nice to see if someone could come up with a Pi mod or BBB mod to use the old boards.
I'll happily replace a couple board to put less stress on the PSU, though.  If we could hash last-gen/next-gen in the same box, that would be grand.  That may be a pipe dream.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I'm not sure what the upgrade is... But I've heard firmware, just can't remember where... If that's the case it wouldn't be replacing anyting in the old unit.

Although - Increasing its hashing by .8 - 1.0 TH with simply firmware seems a bit of a stretch. So, I don't know.

Guess we'll just have to wait for another announcement! I'm sure now that the S3 released their R&D team will be focused on the project.
Activity: 226
Yea, been tracking this but nothing since mid Junish... Last word was August/Sept timeframe.

Late september would be fine with me… I can't picture any S2 owner wanting to upgrade right now because not even the batch 1 units have been in the game long enough to ROI… So with that said you would be throwing away money unless there was a way to use the old cards .. It would be nice to see if someone could come up with a Pi mod or BBB mod to use the old boards.
Activity: 280
Is there a similar form factor s4 coming soon?  Really wanted to finish off this server rack with something similar to the s2,   but using 28nm chips of course Smiley
No word yet.  Upgrade boards for the S2 were mentioned in an OP from BM, but no word yet.  I would presume those boards and an S4 product would release pretty close to the same time, as they may be the same cards!
Activity: 504
Is there a similar form factor s4 coming soon?  Really wanted to finish off this server rack with something similar to the s2,   but using 28nm chips of course Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Today I have received my AntMiner S2. Nice package, nice device, nice smell, seems to be working well for 8+ hours...

I did not performed a firmware upgrade because of non-guaranteed power (it's Russia...), I will do it later, when I'll place it to the place of free electricity...  Wink

Now my miner is:
Code:
Kernel Version Linux 3.8.13 #1 SMP Fri Jan 17 23:04:23 CST 2014
File System Version Thu Apr 10 19:08:42 CST 2014
Cgminer Version 3.12.0
Activity: 532
They are generally good to work with. Just need to be specific on what you need and what is going on.  The more concise detail you give them the better.
Activity: 49
I have bought 19 miners from Bitmain.

However I have spent the last week plus now trying to get a location they want ONE of the miners to be returned to as it has NEVER worked.   They asked me to check all the boards, do my best to work through the problems.

The problems are
out of 10 hash boards in the S2 ALL are damaged or warped badly.
There are diodes missing on 7 of the 10 boards. 
The boards do not line up with the slots in the case.
The miner has never worked today they ask me for screen shots.
The miner has never worked how am I to get them screen shots.
I have already take a miner off line, to test the boards.(I had a 80 mile drive to do that)
They are warped so bad that they do not fit properly into the slots on my other miners.
Also VERY slow response to the emails.  took 4 days to get my first response.

Anyone else having the same problem with Bitmain

Jerry
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Interesting S2 behavior on 6/19 version of system software: a "Lazarus" function is active.

Before with my previous S2 once it shut down, it stayed shut down until I power cycle it.

with the last batch version I noticed something different. It does shut down on average once in 3-4 days, goes all the way to zero hash for a minute or two, then mysteriously springs back to life automatically. I think that they changed something in software to restore it to "life" automatically (at least my machine behaves like this). This is quite cool if true. Next time your recent S2 miner starts beeping and shows zero hash, don't restart immediately-give it 5 min and see what happens.
I am going to double post this in S2 setup thread in case this thread disappear.
Activity: 266
Hello everyone,

Smiley

Any news on batch 4 S3s ??

better ask here bro
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.760

this Thread is "SOLD OUT" and i think it'll be closed anytime..
Activity: 18
Hello everyone,

Smiley

Any news on batch 4 S3s ??
Activity: 126
★☆★Bitin.io★☆★
what you can upgrade S2 to S4 sir ?
maybe i can ROI very fast Smiley

Low price, low Watt, and Hig haze rate :p
Pages:
Jump to: