Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 24. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Hello everyone,

Last Batch of AntMiner S2 1TH/s Miner is Sold Out.

Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Waiting for antminer s2 to drop the price further, price is still too expensive compare to S3.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

what is your dB reading currently at 1m distance? I have one fan at slow rpm blowing into the miner, nothing to suck air out and it is at 62-63dB, which is quiet.

I don't know if this sound meter app is accurate but it says 69db. I took 4x 120mm silents out of my BFLs and popped them ontop to test the theory out. So currently I've got the 4x 87CFM fans blowing air into the antminer from the sides. Then 4x 55CFM fans sucking the hot hair out and blowing it upwards. It looks like the temps have dropped to 55c except for 1 card which is at 59c (probaby the one on the end not getting much coverage by the 120mm fan). So I would venture to guess 4x more 87CFM fans should do the trick as I think I read ~56-57c was the standard temperature with stock fans.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I'm trying to convert my antminer s2 so that it is mostly silent. I've already purchased 4 new silent fans (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011) and installed them however the CFM just isn't good enough and the antminer temp is getting up to 71c. My next plan is to buy 4 more 140mm fans to place on top of the boards with the case off. I'm thinking another 4 of the same or maybe upgrading a tad and getting (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13819/fan-901/Akasa_140mm_x_25mm_VIPER_PWM_Fan_w_Hydro_Dynamic_Bearings_AK-FN063.html?tl=g36c435s1104&id=kepe2EsK#blank) Do you think 25dba is going to be too loud or should I stick with the 18dba 87CFM fans?

Second question is going to be fan direction/placement for optimal airflow. Should I configure it so the 4 side fans all blow air into the antminer and the 4 on top to suck air out and blow it upwards. Or should I use the 4 ontop to blow air down into the antminer and the 4 on the sides to suck the hot air out?

what is your dB reading currently at 1m distance? I have one fan at slow rpm blowing into the miner, nothing to suck air out and it is at 62-63dB, which is quiet.
Activity: 196
I'm trying to convert my antminer s2 so that it is mostly silent. I've already purchased 4 new silent fans (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011) and installed them however the CFM just isn't good enough and the antminer temp is getting up to 71c. My next plan is to buy 4 more 140mm fans to place on top of the boards with the case off. I'm thinking another 4 of the same or maybe upgrading a tad and getting (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13819/fan-901/Akasa_140mm_x_25mm_VIPER_PWM_Fan_w_Hydro_Dynamic_Bearings_AK-FN063.html?tl=g36c435s1104&id=kepe2EsK#blank) Do you think 25dba is going to be too loud or should I stick with the 18dba 87CFM fans?

Second question is going to be fan direction/placement for optimal airflow. Should I configure it so the 4 side fans all blow air into the antminer and the 4 on top to suck air out and blow it upwards. Or should I use the 4 ontop to blow air down into the antminer and the 4 on the sides to suck the hot air out?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I love the picture of the computers on the truck....   Made me laugh.  As I am experiencing major problems with me S2's with little not no support from Bitmaintech!

https://i.imgur.com/inXVklSl.jpg
 Batch 5 S2 PSU's have been delivered guys.
Activity: 266

HA HA HA  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

with these PSUs, u can power up maybe 5 S2  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Hi Bitmain,

Is there a way to change the web-interface password using ssh?

~ Luc

not now, they're focusing on these S3 things
something about password in S2...
u have to wait for S2 new firmware
Activity: 146
Hi Bitmain,

Is there a way to change the web-interface password using ssh?

~ Luc
The price has really come down from what it was but its still really high! As said before we don't see ROI with this kind of hardware and BTC price :-/
better wait for S3 batch 4
its like a gambling if buying this miner at such price
Activity: 328
The price has really come down from what it was but its still really high! As said before we don't see ROI with this kind of hardware and BTC price :-/
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
How we can upgraded??? What chips 28nm
It's not profitable anymore. Even with price of 1640$ it's not worth it at the prices of bitcoin less than 700$.

Agree, seems like s3 is a better deal right now. Will wait for s4 in the meantime Smiley

Not that this should come as a surprise, but I asked Bitmain about the launch date of the S4 and they wouldn't give any details... but they did refer to it as the "S4" - so at least we know we're calling it by the right name  Wink

Also, $1499 now on Amazon

wow, no need to ask for "S4" while ur S3 hasnt arrived at ur place
be patient bro...dont rush these Bitmain guys  Wink
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
It's not profitable anymore. Even with price of 1640$ it's not worth it at the prices of bitcoin less than 700$.

Agree, seems like s3 is a better deal right now. Will wait for s4 in the meantime Smiley

Not that this should come as a surprise, but I asked Bitmain about the launch date of the S4 and they wouldn't give any details... but they did refer to it as the "S4" - so at least we know we're calling it by the right name  Wink

Also, $1499 $1489 now on Amazon
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1102

Activity: 252
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
Activity: 146
Is there anyway to change the interface password by ssh?
Just wondering if its worth buying one of these? With the current difficulty it seems the ROI would take a pretty long time before making any real profit.
buy the S3 sir...
if u still want this S2, buy at $1000 or you'll be having a tough time to ROI
Activity: 224
Just wondering if its worth buying one of these? With the current difficulty it seems the ROI would take a pretty long time before making any real profit.
Pages:
Jump to: