Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 26. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1655 USD  each one, shipping cost included.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Engeniers of bitmaintech is little stupid(

i have burned out 2PSU. one was enermax 87+(stock) and 2nd was  CHIEFTEC APS-1000C. All they burned out couse power consumption is little more than 1000 Wats! it is 1150-1200!  So minimum 1500 Wats PSU is needed for Antminer S2 =((

Knock on wood, but I am running 3 S2's and never have had a problem with the PSU. Only thing is if you loose power you do have to turn them off for about 5 min. or so before turning back on. Are you running in a cooled environment with clean power?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

i have burned out 2PSU. one was enermax 87+(stock) and 2nd was  CHIEFTEC APS-1000C. All they burned out couse power consumption is little more than 1000 Wats! it is 1150-1200!  So minimum 1500 Wats PSU is needed for Antminer S2 =((

I agree that the PSU was a poor choice, but where are you reading 1150-1200?  At the wall?

Are you sure you burned out the Enermax?  I have a number of S2 units and the worst that happens to me is that the PSU overheats because my hosting environment is less than ideal.  Power off for 15 mins, then they're good to go.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
How did you guys get free vouchers?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Are there any valid S2 voucher available? If so please pm me with your offer Smiley
Or please PM me with this.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
When is somebody going to make a magical money printing machine that is plug and play? :/

Lol the Antminers are basically plug and play Smiley (It cannot get much easier)

Yeah, but the whole IP thing, mining configuration, admin password, and the power plug. So untoasterish. Smiley

I can start a service "mining for dummies" not meant as an insult but to mock the book series. You call us up give us your pool info we config and ship it to you plug and play ready all you do is plug in power and data and off you go  Shocked

That's not a bad idea.  In fact love it!  I say you go for it!!!

lol so maybe ill post it as an offer we already sell mining hardware on ebay I can offer this as an additional service we already unpack test for 12hrs document then ship out to customers to ensure no DoA units so if anyone is interested in having there miners pre-configured ready to mine just "plug and mine" let us know  Grin
legendary
I have several S2's however anytime I have a power outage, or I need to move one I have to reset them up.

Any Ideas about what I am missing?

Jerry

Replace the crappy class 4 SD cards bitmain shipped the units with to a decent class 10 card see if that helps
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Are there any valid S2 voucher available? If so please pm me with your offer Smiley
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
When is somebody going to make a magical money printing machine that is plug and play? :/

Lol the Antminers are basically plug and play Smiley (It cannot get much easier)

Yeah, but the whole IP thing, mining configuration, admin password, and the power plug. So untoasterish. Smiley

I can start a service "mining for dummies" not meant as an insult but to mock the book series. You call us up give us your pool info we config and ship it to you plug and play ready all you do is plug in power and data and off you go  Shocked

That's not a bad idea.  In fact love it!  I say you go for it!!!
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin

for a low low fee of 0.3BTC? Could be popular...
sadly, I do agree that people would sign up. But wait, there's more! What about MaaS - Mining as a Service! Maintain and run the miners from their home. We're so smart.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

for a low low fee of 0.3BTC? Could be popular...
legendary
re db- I have a very quiet S2 from the recent batch that was shipped 6/26. Room temperature: 28.4oC/83oF
At 1m distance, it is just 62 dB, and if you get as close to the fans as possible-66-67 dB.

I know that some reported different numbers-but this is what I got with dB Pro app on iPhone.

Good point.  My previous statement was from a B3 order.  My B4 units do seem noticeably quieter, but I don't have them in the same operating environment so comparing them (in my case) is moot.
legendary
What is a noise level of AntMiner S2 1Th/s?   80Db?

Less than that.  It depends on your ambient temp.  Highest I've recorded was 70dB and that was in 30'C or so ambient.

re db- I have a very quiet S2 from the recent batch that was shipped 6/26. Room temperature: 28.4oC/83oF
At 1m distance, it is just 62 dB, and if you get as close to the fans as possible-66-67 dB.

I know that some reported different numbers-but this is what I got with dB Pro app on iPhone.
legendary
I have several S2's however anytime I have a power outage, or I need to move one I have to reset them up.

Jerry

make sure that you are running the system from 6/19/14 and NOT 4/10/14.
If you are still on 4/10, download 6/19 to a laptop, then use update function on the "system" pan in antminer S2 to browse for it, then update.
The "wheel" will be turning forever, but you have to wait just few min (I waited five from the abundance of caution), then simply close browser window and power cycle the miner (PSU OFF, wait 20 sec, back ON).
It helped for my s2.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I am only getting about 800 to 900 g/h out of my s2's any and the one that is getting 800 only 1/2 of my fans are running.

Any suggestions

Open them up and check the fan connections - not good to run them without the fans doing their job...
Activity: 49
I am only getting about 800 to 900 g/h out of my s2's any and the one that is getting 800 only 1/2 of my fans are running.

Any suggestions
Activity: 49

Jerry
legendary

legendary
What is a noise level of AntMiner S2 1Th/s?   80Db?

Less than that.  It depends on your ambient temp.  Highest I've recorded was 70dB and that was in 30'C or so ambient.
Pages:
Jump to: