Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 73. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Anyone willing to donate one valid S2 coupon ? Bitmain username "dlowings"  .. Thanks..
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
i upgraded to a 2000W and overclocked to 1100GH

What frequency setting for 1100 ?

Im running 215.625MHz (any higher was >1% errors) and the S2 says 1100GH average but pool says 1068GH average.

doing the math now, its current error rate is 1.06% so i may need to tune it down to 212.5MHz

Are you using the stock power supply?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
I'm running with 0881 as the flags (225mhz) and it's hashing nicely at about 1100gh.

What timeout value are you using ?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
After reseating everything, it powered on .
Only one blade seems to be dead, I moved it around different slots and was able to figure out which one it is.

Time to contact Bitmain ...

It's #10 on the pic below.

Hi, can you tell what was the cause and did you remedy it?
I have almost exactly the same case, but slot#1 is not functioning (showing -------). See my prior post a page or two ago.
I had this problem and it was both the pci slot and a board. The pci slot had bent pins in it and there was a resistor missing from the one board:

Hi
we are so sorry for the trouble caused by the transit, please send email to [email protected], we will ship out new power boards to you guys.
Thanks Bitmain, I've already been dealing with your customer support over the last weeks and I've received my replacement power board and PSU and my 2 new hashing boards should be here on Monday.

Great service so far!
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
We have a short shipping break due to Chinese traditional festivals, orders dropped after 18:00pm on May 30 (Beijing Time GMT +8), will be shipped out starting from June 3rd.

Happy Mining!

BITMAIN
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Only one blade seems to be dead, I moved it around different slots and was able to figure out which one it is.

I have almost exactly the same case, but slot#1 is not functioning (showing -------). See my prior post a page or two ago.
I had this problem and it was both the pci slot and a board. The pci slot had bent pins in it and there was a resistor missing from the one board:

Hi
we are so sorry for the trouble caused by the transit, please send email to [email protected], we will ship out new power boards to you guys.
Activity: 223
For anyone who's flown in the back of a plane, or sat in the back of the school bus knows - bumpy rides are VERY bumpy in the back.  The front - not so much.  I keep reading about how UPS must be treating their packages poorly, resulting in damage while in transit.  I'm sure there are some cases of this, but the real problem, which is 100% out of UPS's control, is turbulence during flight.

Do you really think the captain of a UPS flight from china to anchorage flies around turbulence, in a effort to find some nice smooth air for all the boxes in the back of the plane?  I imagine he just plows through it.  It's not that bumpy up front.  

Bitmaintech should either find a way to secure the cards SECURELY, without putting any stress on the PCI slots (pc case manufactures figured this out decades ago - they screw the boards to the case, not the motherboard), OR, ship miners with boards not installed.  

You should be able to put an S2 in a paint shaker at your local hardware store and not cause any damage.  You can with any other pc or server (ok, only if you remove the hard drive first...).

My S2 received yesterday has a metal plate completely covering and holding in the boards. Arrived in perfect condition.

Anyone else notice that the power supplies are used? The Enermax labels are peeiing as if from age and heat. Still they work fine.
Activity: 231
Dammit!  I thought I had one S2 coupon left to burn on a purchase tonight.  Does anyone have a valid S2 coupon left and willing to donate???  PM me if interested in helping me out!  Thx!

pm your id i will give you 1.

My bad with the earlier bitmaintech refusal.  My purchase with your coupon worked!!!  Thanks my friend!
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I haven't see this posted here:
http://www.coindesk.com/private-china-meeting-bitcoin-mining-industry-leaders/

ASICMINER has said it will order the equivalent of 30,000 TH/s of wafers each month. Furthermore, the Avalon fourth-generation 28nm chip is set to tapeout soon and AntMiner’s S3 chips are projected to be out this July.

Those will be the upgrade cards for S2 case. Well designed box to house 10 hashing blades and suitable to run quietly for 1000W power usage.
Projected time for upgrade cards to arrive would be September.

Hopefully they'll only use the PCI slot for power ... and a cable for data connection to the controller ...
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Dammit!  I thought I had one S2 coupon left to burn on a purchase tonight.  Does anyone have a valid S2 coupon left and willing to donate???  PM me if interested in helping me out!  Thx!

pm your id i will give you 1.
Activity: 231
Activity: 218
I NEED SOEM S1 COUPONS. I HAVE 2 X S2 COUPONS TO TRADE. HIT ME UP
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures

ASICMINER has said it will order the equivalent of 30,000 TH/s of wafers each month. Furthermore, the Avalon fourth-generation 28nm chip is set to tapeout soon and AntMiner’s S3 chips are projected to be out this July.

Those will be the upgrade cards for S2 case. Well designed box to house 10 hashing blades and suitable to run quietly for 1000W power usage.

That may be but the original statement by BITMAIN referred to a 'low cost option'. Replacing all the cards in the S2 with S3 cards is unlikely to be 'low cost'.
Activity: 504

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I got Satoshi's avatar!

Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
I have to stress, the case was flawless, not a dent or scratch on it.  I was missing the 2 side screws, which I thought was slightly odd.  I just can't fathom how the braces on the side get bent like that during shipping without some damage to the outside.
The same rail on mine was bent in the same way that you show.  No other damage that I could see and mine too is hashing away quite happily.  Also missing the two side screws.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
For anyone who's flown in the back of a plane, or sat in the back of the school bus knows - bumpy rides are VERY bumpy in the back.  The front - not so much.  I keep reading about how UPS must be treating their packages poorly, resulting in damage while in transit.  I'm sure there are some cases of this, but the real problem, which is 100% out of UPS's control, is turbulence during flight.

Do you really think the captain of a UPS flight from china to anchorage flies around turbulence, in a effort to find some nice smooth air for all the boxes in the back of the plane?  I imagine he just plows through it.  It's not that bumpy up front.  

Bitmaintech should either find a way to secure the cards SECURELY, without putting any stress on the PCI slots (pc case manufactures figured this out decades ago - they screw the boards to the case, not the motherboard), OR, ship miners with boards not installed.  

You should be able to put an S2 in a paint shaker at your local hardware store and not cause any damage.  You can with any other pc or server (ok, only if you remove the hard drive first...).

I got Satoshi's avatar!
^^^ I reckon that can happen if the box was transported with the psu fan side facing down. A couple of small drops onto the flat side of the box is probably what bent those rails down, judging from the damage only being on one side... that would also result in no damage to the outside.
Pages:
Jump to: