Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 70. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Last S2 coupon for sale 0.15 BTC - expires Monday 2014-06-02 21:47:00

pm if you want it
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Still looking for a Valid S2 coupon.. send it to Bitmain account dlowings , I will donate .05 btc back to you .

Thanks .
Activity: 223
It's just the temp sensor, you have all ten cards hashing according to this screen.  Did you upgrade your power supply?

Thanks.. quite a relief.

No, I didn't upgrade. Still running the stock Enermax Revolution87+. Most PSUs will do a little over their specification. It's still the limiting factor on this machine, though. I tried to push it a little further, and while the asics could handle the extra load, the PSU couldn't.

What frequency did you finally decide on? I'm poking on the numbers this weekend and would welcome the input!

Well, yeah.. it's a bit dicey isn't it. At 206mhz the machine's stable. That's where I'm at right now. I get a large number of rejected/stale shares (~2.5%), but that still provides for a better overall hashrate than 196 or 200.

At 212 the machine will run for about an hour, maybe two, then shut down, presumably because the PSU can't handle it. I've tried repeatedly to get it to run continually, but eventually it always goes kaput..

In the end I'll probably just end up upgrading PSUs, because I know the chips can take it. Temps are not an issue regardless of speed - always below 60. I figure that anything below 75 is safe, so there's lots of headspace.

You'll find a list of frequency codes on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589429.0;all

Hope this helps & good luck. Smiley

Can someone post a keystroke by keystroke tutorial or a link on how to putty into an S2?
There was plenty of 'how to' when the S1 came out yet still a dearth of information on S2.  
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Well, yeah.. it's a bit dicey isn't it. At 206mhz the machine's stable. That's where I'm at right now. I get a large number of rejected/stale shares (~2.5%), but that still provides for a better overall hashrate than 196 or 200.

At 212 the machine will run for about an hour, maybe two, then shut down, presumably because the PSU can't handle it. I've tried repeatedly to get it to run continually, but eventually it always goes kaput..

In the end I'll probably just end up upgrading PSUs, because I know the chips can take it. Temps are not an issue regardless of speed - always below 60. I figure that anything below 75 is safe, so there's lots of headspace.

You'll find a list of frequency codes on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589429.0;all

Cheers for this link, I appreciate it.  I'm going to bring in a second PSU over the weekend and split the PCI-cables, we'll see how well it works out!
Activity: 157
It's just the temp sensor, you have all ten cards hashing according to this screen.  Did you upgrade your power supply?

Thanks.. quite a relief.

No, I didn't upgrade. Still running the stock Enermax Revolution87+. Most PSUs will do a little over their specification. It's still the limiting factor on this machine, though. I tried to push it a little further, and while the asics could handle the extra load, the PSU couldn't.

What frequency did you finally decide on? I'm poking on the numbers this weekend and would welcome the input!

Thanks.. quite a relief.

Thanks.. quite a relief.

Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
What's the deal with people happily snatching up S2's that will never ROI?

If you buy the S2 for 3.769 bitcoins you'll ROI sometime around summer 2015 without factoring in electricity

Who is buying these fucking things?

I'm using mine to build a robot, I assumed that's what we were all doing....
Robot.  Hadn't thought of that.  I'm just using mine to generate heat and noise.
Oh, the robot generates plenty of heat and noise, it just does that while destroying buildings and stealing pretty ladies.
Oh, you're the lucky one, my robot keeps corrupting its cheap memory card, so all I could get it to do is dry the washing  Cry
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Hey guys, is the temp sensor just broken on chain 4 of this S2 or is one of my cards not hashing?

I'm getting 1050 GH/s @ 206mhz.. does that sound about right?

It's just the temp sensor, you have all ten cards hashing according to this screen.  Did you upgrade your power supply?

This most likely happen because one of your cards temperature sensor is not working but mining on it's way and you have no other problem.
Activity: 399
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
I have several S2 Antminers Coupons and donate them for 0.1 BTC each, please PM me!
Hey guys, is the temp sensor just broken on chain 4 of this S2 or is one of my cards not hashing?

It's just the temp sensor, you have all ten cards hashing according to this screen.  Did you upgrade your power supply?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I have one S2 coupon which is still valid.
AntMiner S2 Coupon 400 USD 1 0 2014-05-19 21:37:00~2014-06-02 21:47:00
0.15 BTC if interested. PM if you are.
thanks.
Activity: 231
Is there any plans to make these S2's wifi capable?

I might snag one if the price ever becomes reasonable.

I need to be able to toss it in another room with wifi because HEAT&NOISE.

maybe you can use a wireless ethernet bridge/adapter, something like this http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx

Excellent call on the Netgear wireless adapter.  Exactly what I needed!  I just bought one on ebay for $22.  Thanks!
Activity: 231
anyone who has bought an S2 from Bitmain has been b-b-butt-raped!

Learn Math!  Educate Yourselves! 

OK, I'll bite...  So where are you buying your 1TH miners from?  What price are you paying for them?  (I am sure I will regret tempting a troll with this post!)
Activity: 674
anyone who has bought an S2 from Bitmain has been b-b-butt-raped!

Learn Math!  Educate Yourselves! 
Activity: 280
That metal plate is genius.  Now all they need to do is include a class 10 SD card.  Now don't tell me they did that too!  Oh Bitmain... YOU GUYS!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
just received my s2 from juan GB. It came in great shape and everything intact, literally plug and play  Wink Thank you juan for great work. here are couple of pictures, I also noticed bitmain added a metal plate to protect the blades, it's a good idea Cool

edit: I just can't figure out what it says on that piece of paper, maybe some can translate it  Wink

Translation:
humbao is good for you
Activity: 259
just received my s2 from juan GB. It came in great shape and everything intact, literally plug and play  Wink Thank you juan for great work. here are couple of pictures, I also noticed bitmain added a metal plate to protect the blades, it's a good idea Cool

Looks like gen 5.  And I thought they were heavy before!

Thanks for sharing.

M

The UPS guy told me it weighted around 17Kg, it was well packed with the whole unit wrapped in bubble wrap.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

Looks like gen 5.  And I thought they were heavy before!

Thanks for sharing.

M
Pages:
Jump to: