Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 68. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
they must preparing something new as Bitmain no longer has the S2 complete
They should offer a all in one miner for the not so experienced miners.
55nm is old tech must be something new
the good thing is that they never stop to surprise us either with the price or product

This kit is just badly priced. If Bitmain priced it reasonably (about $1500) it would probably sell. Considering that they save significant money on the costs of a case, asembly time, and the size/weight of the shipping package, it must cost about $200 less than the S2 did.

really looking forwards to the next gen, since i feel these kits could do very well with a 28nm chip. The current prices of both the S1 and S2 kit are out of whack with reality and the SP10 units are becoming a better GH/$ and GH/W

Agreed. The main downside of the SP10 is noise, but if one can deal with that, the SP10 is now a far better buy than the S2 kit priced at $2260.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
they must preparing something new as Bitmain no longer has the S2 complete
They should offer a all in one miner for the not so experienced miners.
55nm is old tech must be something new
the good thing is that they never stop to surprise us either with the price or product

This kit is just badly priced. If Bitmain priced it reasonably (about $1500) it would probably sell. Considering that they save significant money on the costs of a case, asembly time, and the size/weight of the shipping package, it must cost about $200 less than the S2 did.

really looking forwards to the next gen, since i feel these kits could do very well with a 28nm chip. The current prices of both the S1 and S2 kit are out of whack with reality and the SP10 units are becoming a better GH/$ and GH/W
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
How much btc do you make every single month if you have 5 units of AntMiner S1

1.43 according to https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

But don't forget difficulty rises approximately every 12-13 days

More like .78 from June 1, to July 1.  assume 15% rise jumps  and  .15/kw electricity
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I sell s2 coupon pm me
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Speaking of overclocking, the S2 seems to be happy @ 225mhs. I swapped out the Enermax for an EVGA 1300 I already had, added an entry in /config/asic-freq.config for 225mhz and am now running at an average of between 1.1 - 1.14 TH with a chip temperature increase of ~ 2 degrees. WU has gone from just over 14K to just under 16K.

I want to let this run a while before I try for 1.2TH

what code and timeout values did you use? can you post or provide a link to. Much thanks, I've got evga 1300 and might give it a shot.

My machine seems to already overheat periodically at default settings, though. I also noticed that once fans speed goes up, hashing goes down, which is reasonable as enermax has to use more power to fans, hence less for hashing, at least this is what I thought.

I was thinking of getting a "naked" kit (not at $2260), then don't even use the default fans and instead use a couple of powerful fans like Vornado to cool the boards, perhaps make a simple wind tunnel. It just might work.

0881 and 65

It is unclear to me the role that the timeout value plays in the calculations, so 65 was just copied from an adjacent entry. It may not be correct for 225mhs.

I started seeing very high rejects and errors so I'm back at 196 for now … YMMV
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
There was a big conference of chinese mining manufactures. Im sure they discussed fixing prices to maximize profit.

This is part of their culture, "sadly"

CLEAR case of demonstrating that its all about the dollars and less about the consumer .

YES
legendary
ex uno plures
I think most, if not all of the $400 coupons are now expired. $2260 is a steep price to pay for a 1TH mining kit without a case or PSU.

They are obviously selling off their remaining stock of parts before introducing the S3.
donator
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010
Parental Advisory Explicit Content
YUP  Grin

Instead of improving their design, they just removed the case and made it an even worse miner Sad
Datacenters will not be very impressed with those miners in their Racks Sad

I graded Bitmain 8 out of 10 but now they will nearly get a 6.

Keep up the Ughhhum Great work and you will end up like KNC.
Activity: 742
There was a big conference of chinese mining manufactures. Im sure they discussed fixing prices to maximize profit.

CLEAR case of demonstrating that its all about the dollars and less about the consumer .

Remember everyone sold their $400 good will vouchers so you can buy these at $1860 essentially.

I think most, if not all of the $400 coupons are now expired. $2260 is a steep price to pay for a 1TH mining kit without a case or PSU.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Speaking of overclocking, the S2 seems to be happy @ 225mhs. I swapped out the Enermax for an EVGA 1300 I already had, added an entry in /config/asic-freq.config for 225mhz and am now running at an average of between 1.1 - 1.14 TH with a chip temperature increase of ~ 2 degrees. WU has gone from just over 14K to just under 16K.

what code and timeout values did you use? can you post or provide a link to. Much thanks, I've got evga 1300 and might give it a shot.

My machine seems to already overheat periodically at default settings, though. I also noticed that once fans speed goes up, hashing goes down, which is reasonable as enermax has to use more power to fans, hence less for hashing, at least this is what I thought.

I was thinking of getting a "naked" kit (not at $2260), then don't even use the default fans and instead use a couple of powerful fans like Vornado to cool the boards, perhaps make a simple wind tunnel. It just might work.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Remember everyone sold their $400 good will vouchers so you can buy these at $1860 essentially.

Edit: 3k posts
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Did Bitmain take a walk off the deep end ? Did they go full retard on the price ? Not only is their kit roughly the same price as the full unit use to be, the full unit is now TOTALY overpriced more then it originally was …

This folks is what FULL RETARD looks like …..
legendary
ex uno plures
Speaking of overclocking, the S2 seems to be happy @ 225mhs. I swapped out the Enermax for an EVGA 1300 I already had, added an entry in /config/asic-freq.config for 225mhz and am now running at an average of between 1.1 - 1.14 TH with a chip temperature increase of ~ 2-4 degrees. WU has gone from just over 14K to just under 16K.

// edit: I am seeing apparently very high rejects @ 1.1+
Activity: 728
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
That may be but the original statement by BITMAIN referred to a 'low cost option'. Replacing all the cards in the S2 with S3 cards is unlikely to be 'low cost'.

From: https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140531103056245Ox3OpK1E0664

"Upgradable
All AntMiner S2 and S2 kit will be adapted to the Hash Boards with next generation chips. Clients can freely choose the upgrade version Hash Boards to replace the ones in hands."

So much for your overclocking upgrade path theory.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
HI, but yesterday a full S2 was at 2289$ now a KIT is at 2260$  Shocked what happened?

W_M

Difficulty rise is continuing to decelerate and they'll be preparing something new and yummy. There's no point making excessive numbers of the old stuff as it delays them giving the customer the benefit of the new stuff. <<<
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
This pricing confuses and frightens me  Undecided
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Dat price is ridiculous!  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
HI, but yesterday a full S2 was at 2289$ now a KIT is at 2260$  Shocked what happened?

W_M

it means that they are working at S3 and have limited number of components left, most likely.
Pages:
Jump to: