Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 12. (Read 355604 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
yes what
the old one?
The answer sould be "YES, SIR!"  Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
yes what
the old one?
if reboot i will have new cgminer 4.6.1 or i will have the old one

Yes
legendary
if reboot i will have new cgminer 4.6.1 or i will have the old one
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
No. I don't have one so I'm compiling blind. You'll have to wait for Kano.
legendary
yes not work for me either

please ck fix it asap
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
how i can check after installation
what cgminer version i have???

ssh into it then type:  cgminer-api version

Same as S4. The instructions are different.

@ ck: It didn't work for me - I had no asic chip display (x or o) in the web gui. Would in be possible to incorporate it into an SD image file so that it keeps after a reboot? (which is what I done to revert back to the older version)

Thanks ck - again

legendary
how i can check after installation
what cgminer version i have???
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Ok friend thanks we install with same like s3
Same as S4. The instructions are different.
legendary
Ok friend thanks we install with same like s3
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Here's a new binary for the S2 built completely blindly for I have no access to test it on one, but people keep asking me for one:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s2/141020/cgminer
legendary
I install Kano firmware but after some minutes the miner
Start to make the beep beep beep
Why???
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
is it safe KANO FW with standard PSU??
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
legendary
Where is Kano firmware for s2 any link??
Activity: 336
They did not give a specific no but as they mention "NOT RIGHT NOW!" so those S2 original buyer were given a 200 voucher. Unfortunately i purchase few second hand and they refuse to give me the ticket.

If we OC to 1.1TH, can we still utilize the current fan and psu?

This shouldn't be a surprise, the original buyers got the vouchers.

An upgrade for the S2 doesn't make sense for anyone I suppose. You would have to replace everything except the case.

Why Bitmain promised an upgrade ? That's why I bought it.
Don't tell me that Bitmain didn't know or couldn't predict.
Now there is no promised upgrade instead he is giving me ridiculous $200, used to be $400.

I'm not aware of a promise, but I remember they mentioned the possibility of a later upgradeability of the S2. As technology advances and the overall hashrate skyrockets, an upgrade doesn't make sense anymore, in my opinion. The $200 voucher is a more than fair compensation to this and, if you take a look at the behaviour of other ASIC miner companys, a really outstanding move of bitmain.

Thank you for your answer.
Really $200 that is just something better than nothing.
 Micky I can see you are trusted bitcointalk member so I have big respect to you. I think you shouldn't justify Bitmain this way.
That Bitmain is a bit better than other scam asic providers that is not explanation.
But I can understand why you stand by Bitmain side. I can see your signature so I assume you're involved in reselling hashing power. You shouldn't use your good reputation to promote some kind of scam as bitcoin asic miners is. Obviously as I said before all depends where your live and how much you pay for electricity but still asic miners are far overpriced.
legendary
Activity: 974
They did not give a specific no but as they mention "NOT RIGHT NOW!" so those S2 original buyer were given a 200 voucher. Unfortunately i purchase few second hand and they refuse to give me the ticket.

If we OC to 1.1TH, can we still utilize the current fan and psu?

This shouldn't be a surprise, the original buyers got the vouchers.

An upgrade for the S2 doesn't make sense for anyone I suppose. You would have to replace everything except the case.

Why Bitmain promised an upgrade ? That's why I bought it.
Don't tell me that Bitmain didn't know or couldn't predict.
Now there is no promised upgrade instead he is giving me ridiculous $200, used to be $400.

I'm not aware of a promise, but I remember they mentioned the possibility of a later upgradeability of the S2. As technology advances and the overall hashrate skyrockets, an upgrade doesn't make sense anymore, in my opinion. The $200 voucher is a more than fair compensation to this and, if you take a look at the behaviour of other ASIC miner companys, a really outstanding move of bitmain.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I posted this in a different discussion but I noticed that this one is labeled active, please excuse my forum faux pas. I'm hoping someone here can help me since I am a relatively new to using antminers. I have three s1's and two s3's and I just bought my first s2. I have successfully ssh into the s1's and s3's and have overclocked/underclocked without any problems, but for some reason I cannot edit the /etc/config in the s2. I open putty and enter root/admin and instead of seeing the normal welcome screen all I see is a line "root@antminer:~#", then I enter "/etc/config" and it says "-sh: /etc/config: not found". I have updated to the latest firmware from Bitmain and have rebooted several times. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Man forget about it, I am telling you mining doesn't pay of, you will never get ROI unless you got free electricity.
 Sorry I've been burned so many times you can believe me. I live in UK and I'm in this since may this year.
 Regards.

While I appreciate the advice, that doesn't even come close to answering my question. With my total ~2500 gh/s on eligius I am hoping to accumulate one bitcoin a month, and we have relatively cheap power in North GA USA making my power cost a little less than $100. At the current price of bitcoin that is a 300% return on my monthly maintenance costs, so I don't see it as a loosing proposition. Also I have been mining more as a hobby, but extra money is always nice. Has anyone encountered this problem with ssh into the s2? If so is there a fix to it? I would appreciate any technical help, I am well aware of the risk involved in mining any cryptocurrency.
Activity: 336
I posted this in a different discussion but I noticed that this one is labeled active, please excuse my forum faux pas. I'm hoping someone here can help me since I am a relatively new to using antminers. I have three s1's and two s3's and I just bought my first s2. I have successfully ssh into the s1's and s3's and have overclocked/underclocked without any problems, but for some reason I cannot edit the /etc/config in the s2. I open putty and enter root/admin and instead of seeing the normal welcome screen all I see is a line "root@antminer:~#", then I enter "/etc/config" and it says "-sh: /etc/config: not found". I have updated to the latest firmware from Bitmain and have rebooted several times. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Man forget about it, I am telling you mining doesn't pay of, you will never get ROI unless you got free electricity.
 Sorry I've been burned so many times you can believe me. I live in UK and I'm in this since may this year.
 Regards.
Pages:
Jump to: