Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 82. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
Does BITMAIN accept more than 1 coupon per order?  Meaning can I apply two coupons toward the purchase of one S2?

No, they only accept 1 coupon per item.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Does BITMAIN accept more than 1 coupon per order?  Meaning can I apply two coupons toward the purchase of one S2?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Selling s2 400$ coupon for 0.05btc interested one please pm me
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have free s2 coupons please send a pm.

I have 2 that go bad on may 30th.

gave away 1 and I have 1 left.

no more left.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Hello

I have 5 S2 coupons and 5 S1 Coupons 0.05

all price 0.15  if anyone intrested PM me.

Thx
Activity: 115
edit:  I have two S2 coupons after selling my S1 coupons to sciack

I'm selling two S2 coupons for only .01 BTC each !

Send PM if interested, I check PM's several times a day

Confirm, thank you!
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
edit:  I have two S2 coupons after selling my S1 coupons to sciack

I'm selling two S2 coupons for only .01 BTC each !

Send PM if interested, I check PM's several times a day
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have free s2 coupons please send a pm.

I have 2 that go bad on may 30th.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Yes, new boards with that price range keeping miner at 1000-1200 watts works.

@BITMAIN   Any comments on the upgrade you mentioned ?
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Running S2 for 393 you would need 5kw power.

Doubling the clock speed should not result in 5x the power.

Upgrade means new cards, new chips, same design. Not magic wand and more hashing power from same chips with lesser power usage.

An upgrade path with new cards/chips is unlikely to be a 'low cost upgrade' that BITMAIN referred to earlier.

Yes double the speed would result 4,5kw. NO, S2 cannot handle it.

So you expect it to be magic software update? You fail to understand how this hardware works.
They would have made 1.6TH single PSU miner from BM1380 chips if it woud have been possible. This design under well known old chip is easy.

1psu miner is optimal in design and cooling. Also most cost effective to manufacture, deploy, cool and run.

S2 has 640x Bitmain BM1380 gen1 chips
S1 has 64x Bitmain BM1380 gen1 chips

This chip is done. You choose which hardware you prefer. If you dont trust me... Master Dogie said it in his S2 thread about OCing S2. Pointless.

Cheap upgrade is replacemet cards but i currently dont see them having 128x BM1380 chips

I agree, upgrade will be replacement cards with everything else remaining. They will probably allow for sending old chip arrays back or charge ~$400-500 for new boards. Anything more than this and it is NOT a cheap upgrade.

Yes, new boards with that price range keeping miner at 1000-1200 watts works. Shipping boards back, no. Not worth it. Shipping cost more than making plain board.
Bitmain wont need old boards as these chips are done around August and boards reworking to mount new chips cost much more than brand new plain board.
Chips are most expensive parts and they need new 40nm or eaven 28nm chip.

640x Bitmain BM1380 chips at S1stock speed would be 1.8TH miner 3600w.
S2 with BM1380 simply cannot do 1.6TH without consuming +2500w
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
################################################################
6 x s1 coupons free

22 x s2 coupons for 0.05

To claim coupon please go to https://spend-co.in and click banner on main page

Only 6 left.
I'm only for another hour online-so if you not going receive anything today please be patient.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Upgrade means new cards, new chips, same design. Not magic wand and more hashing power from same chips with lesser power usage.

An upgrade path with new cards/chips is unlikely to be a 'low cost upgrade' that BITMAIN referred to earlier.

So you expect it to be magic software update? You fail to understand how this hardware works.
They would have made 1.6TH single PSU miner from BM1380 chips if it woud have been possible. This design under well known old chip is easy.

1psu miner is optimal in design and cooling. Also most cost effective to manufacture, deploy, cool and run.

This chip is done. You choose which hardware you prefer. If you dont trust me... Master Dogie said it in his S2 thread about OCing S2. Pointless.

Cheap upgrade is replacemet cards but i currently dont see them having 128x BM1380 chips

I agree, upgrade will be replacement cards with everything else remaining. They will probably allow for sending old chip arrays back or charge ~$400-500 for new boards. Anything more than this and it is NOT a cheap upgrade.

legendary
ex uno plures

As far as I can tell: EXCELLENT product! Bout to order a couple more.

And when BITMAIN starts shipping their 'very low cost' 1.8 - 2TH upgrade it will be even better

Remember, the S2 is only running at 196. The S1 runs at 350-393 with the same chip.

~L)L~

So? Running S2 for 393 you would need 5kw power. 5psus and compressor cooling.
They undercloked it for reason. There is reson why you dont overclock S2.  If you want this same chip 350-393, 2TH with 4KW power usage you can buy 10xS1 for 4.3btc

These chips are done at 1.1w/1GH
legendary
ex uno plures

And when BITMAIN starts shipping their 'very low cost' 1.8 - 2TH upgrade it will be even better

Remember, the S2 is only running at 196. The S1 runs at 350-393 all day long with the same chip.

~L)L~

Activity: 97
Greetings ppl.

Just got my first S2, ordered on sunday, and took about 1 minute to get it up and working full speed.
No loose boards, no disconnected cables, good looking, refined firmware... everything worked right out of the box!!
Just lucky maybe...

Hope all goes well with everyone's delivery from now on!

Cheers
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

I'm plain lazy to do calculation.

Yesterday $2244
Today $2259

How many BTC you needed yesterday to buy S2 and how many you need today ?

BTC goes up --> S2 goes up in $ .
BTC goes down --> S2 goes down in $ .

Where I'm wrong ?

Your plain wrong because you can't even be arsed reading the actual page you are on. Look UP to the top of THIS PAGE and read philipma1957's post.

For real!
SVK
Activity: 378
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2259 USD each one, shipping cost included.

So is S2 priced in $ or BTC ?
Are you trying to have best of both worlds ?

To me it looks like S2 is priced in BTC for you and $ is just mean to get what you want.

If BTC goes to $1000 your S2 price would be $4500  Tongue

no you are wrong.   today it is 2259 usd  so the 2259 stays frozen for a day.  while btc moves up and down.

btc is now 525 usd.  so you will pay more in btc  at this moment in time then you would have paid an hour or so ago when btc

was  535 usd.   you could get lucky and order when btc is 580usd (if it goes to 580usd)  and pay even less.

I'm plain lazy to do calculation.

Yesterday $2244
Today $2259

How many BTC you needed yesterday to buy S2 and how many you need today ?

BTC goes up --> S2 goes up in $ .
BTC goes down --> S2 goes down in $ .

Where I'm wrong ?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
S1 is priced in BTC and S2 is priced in fiat, simple as that.   Tongue

Wish Bitmain would've priced the S2 in BTC from the get go, as I would like to jump on one of these bad boys once it gets reasonably priced pre-coupon.

cupon expired (( Very small validate
Pages:
Jump to: