Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 79. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
thats twice the price has gone up in the last 3 days...

why not just charge in BTC??

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

They do charge in BTC.  They only quote in USD, (and BTC right next to it).  The price is dropping.  Right now they're at 3.961 BTC.  Just earlier today they were at 4.02ish.  They cost less today than they did two days ago when I bought mine.  How hard is that to comprehend?

And before you say that if you buy in fiat the price has gone up then let me just counter that by saying that if you start mining with one you're also going to make more fiat than you would have done as well.  You can't have it both ways.  You either price in BTC and the cost has gone down while the earning potential remains the same, or you price in fiat and the cost has gone up but so has the earning potential.  Take your pick.

What earning potential are you talking about? This miner needs 9 weeks to ROI with free electricity and no diff increase.

Best case it will make 0.6-1 BTC profit by the end of the year. Not worth it in my opinion considering how many things can go wrong.

Also when the BTC was 450$ people said the miner is expensive because of production costs that are in $, not that BTC is up they increase the $ price? It's a free market they can do what they want, but still not profitable IMO.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
7 S1 coupons 0.05 BTC & 8 S2 coupons 400$, asking 0.01 BTC each; pm please
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
I have a lame situation and need advise. I've replaced the power supply in my S2 because it was shutting off all the time. However, I want to repurpose this enermax for a mid-range gaming PC. How do I go about doing that since there are no peripheral cables?

Buy PCI-E cables in a store, like microcenter
http://www.microcenter.com/product/318756/PCI_Express_6-pin_to_2__PCI_Express_20_8-pin_(62-pin)_Adapter
Thanks for trying but I don't see how that would help. I already have too many PCI-e cords but zero peripheral wires for hard drives, cdrom etc. I looked around for PCI-E female to molex adapter and even eBay didn't come up with anything. Essentially making this powerful PSU a piece of garbage.
Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

They do charge in BTC.  They only quote in USD, (and BTC right next to it).  The price is dropping.  Right now they're at 3.961 BTC.  Just earlier today they were at 4.02ish.  They cost less today than they did two days ago when I bought mine.  How hard is that to comprehend?

And before you say that if you buy in fiat the price has gone up then let me just counter that by saying that if you start mining with one you're also going to make more fiat than you would have done as well.  You can't have it both ways.  You either price in BTC and the cost has gone down while the earning potential remains the same, or you price in fiat and the cost has gone up but so has the earning potential.  Take your pick.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

Well, they can charge. You and I don't have to pay. I think they are trying to bump up their margin "on the fly".

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

The value of BTC has increased well above and beyond the S2 price increase.  The units cost less BTC at each adjustment and that's all that matters.

Meanwhile the s1 prices have incresed 40%
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The value of BTC has increased well above and beyond the S2 price increase.  The units cost less BTC at each adjustment and that's all that matters.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

Activity: 266
If anyone It's interested.

[WTS] Bitmain AntMiner Coupons 400 USD S2 for 0.08BTC , 0.05 BTC S1 for 0.02

Hi!

I have 15 of these:
AntMiner S2 Coupon 400 USD    15   0   2014-04-28 00:00:00~2014-05-30 00:00:00

Going for 0.08 BTC each.

And 9 of these:
AntMiner S1 Coupon 0.05 BTC  9   0   2014-04-27 00:00:00~2014-05-29 00:00:00

Going for 0.02 BTC each.

Post here if you are interested and send me PM.

Newbie accounts please stay away.

legendary
I have a lame situation and need advise. I've replaced the power supply in my S2 because it was shutting off all the time. However, I want to repurpose this enermax for a mid-range gaming PC. How do I go about doing that since there are no peripheral cables?

Buy PCI-E cables in a store, like microcenter
http://www.microcenter.com/product/318756/PCI_Express_6-pin_to_2__PCI_Express_20_8-pin_(62-pin)_Adapter
Activity: 308
Double your Personal Bitcoin Funds.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
If anyone need coupons for S2 drop me a PM (expires on the 30th) 75 available
legendary
Amazing how unsure one feels after purchasing the s2's and the different perspectives. i raided my coin stash, so to me the raise in BTC value has made it seem like a viable purchase ( less BTC per unit+ coupon ) but mining profit / ROI, versus what i call the 'ponzi perspective' (sitting and waiting for value to rise) makes me unsure. Should i have just kept the coins.... but then i remember this ain't just about profit right?Huh

I am trying to use a simple policy:
Every time I buy a miner for bitcoin, i immediately try to purchase the same number of bitcoins for fiat. This way, i use bitcoin, but my stash stays the same initially, then increase due to mining.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Amazing how unsure one feels after purchasing the s2's and the different perspectives. i raided my coin stash, so to me the raise in BTC value has made it seem like a viable purchase ( less BTC per unit+ coupon ) but mining profit / ROI, versus what i call the 'ponzi perspective' (sitting and waiting for value to rise) makes me unsure. Should i have just kept the coins.... but then i remember this ain't just about profit right?Huh
Looks like I will never buy a S2 if Bitmain keeps raising prices. I don't play these games.
The price is coming down.  4.033 BTC today, 4.277 BTC yesterday.  Looks like it's coming down to me.

If you are coin flush and holding the coins it dropped.  If you are going to buy coins with fiat it is more fiat.

What has happened is the s-2 is getting to be a little better then it was and the s-1 is getting worse then it was.

Kind of put me in a funny place to decide what to do.

I can buy 1 s-2  or  2 s-1's.

Not quite sure If I want the s-2 just yet.. Decisions.
Whatever you do it's a moving target.  I bought an S2 a couple of days ago because of my electricity costs.  I had to buy BTC for it and paid about $525/BTC I think.  If I'd held on to that BTC and bought an S2 today I'd be quids in, but I didn't.  I paid for it the day I bought the coin because I had no idea whether it was going to go up or down in price.  Either way I'm happy and not complaining.  And if the price of BTC holds then when I fire up my S2 I'm going to be making more USD than a month ago.  But of course, if it drops ......
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2309 USD each one, shipping cost included.
Raising the price is not the best reaction to an exploding diff  Wink

To have a chance to get a ROI the price may not be much higher than 1500...

Indeed, looks like I'll have to hold back for another couple of weeks until bitmain offers a decent deal...

And then the difficulty goes up another 20%. It's a zero-sum game... price drops 20% = 20% difficulty increase.

BitMain are good guys but they know what they're doing when it comes to pricing their miners and it isn't for the consumers benefit. Wink
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
I have two S2 coupons after selling my S1 coupons to sciack

I'm selling two S2 coupons for only .01 BTC each !

Send PM if interested, I check PM's several times a day
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Looks like I will never buy a S2 if Bitmain keeps raising prices. I don't play these games.
The price is coming down.  4.033 BTC today, 4.277 BTC yesterday.  Looks like it's coming down to me.

If you are coin flush and holding the coins it dropped.  If you are going to buy coins with fiat it is more fiat.

What has happened is the s-2 is getting to be a little better then it was and the s-1 is getting worse then it was.

Kind of put me in a funny place to decide what to do.

I can buy 1 s-2  or  2 s-1's.

Not quite sure If I want the s-2 just yet.. Decisions.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
True XD

You can´t really expect dollar price to go down when btc is regaining some value.
Pages:
Jump to: