Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 78. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
thats twice the price has gone up in the last 3 days...

why not just charge in BTC??

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

They do charge in BTC.  They only quote in USD, (and BTC right next to it).  The price is dropping.  Right now they're at 3.961 BTC.  Just earlier today they were at 4.02ish.  They cost less today than they did two days ago when I bought mine.  How hard is that to comprehend?

And before you say that if you buy in fiat the price has gone up then let me just counter that by saying that if you start mining with one you're also going to make more fiat than you would have done as well.  You can't have it both ways.  You either price in BTC and the cost has gone down while the earning potential remains the same, or you price in fiat and the cost has gone up but so has the earning potential.  Take your pick.

who said it was hard to comprehend?

if the USD price had not been raised AGAIN - the BTC price would actually be reasonable rather than STILL disgracefully high

duh
  I have to side with you.

Also right now asicminer new gen gear is selling at 1170 usd for 800gh   

so do I want to spend   2309 usd here (well 1909 usd after coupon)  and get a 1000 gh unit or do I want to spend 1170 usd and get an 800 gh unit.

I have to add a psu. I have one.

I have to add a rasp Pi  so  for 1230 usd I get  800gh vs   1909 for 1000gh   

This is very simple if the new asic miner 800 gh machine is good these s-2's are very overpriced.

Got a link to the asicminer pls?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

They do charge in BTC.  They only quote in USD, (and BTC right next to it).  The price is dropping.  Right now they're at 3.961 BTC.  Just earlier today they were at 4.02ish.  They cost less today than they did two days ago when I bought mine.  How hard is that to comprehend?

And before you say that if you buy in fiat the price has gone up then let me just counter that by saying that if you start mining with one you're also going to make more fiat than you would have done as well.  You can't have it both ways.  You either price in BTC and the cost has gone down while the earning potential remains the same, or you price in fiat and the cost has gone up but so has the earning potential.  Take your pick.

if the USD price had not been raised AGAIN - the BTC price would actually be reasonable rather than STILL disgracefully high

duh
  I have to side with you.

Also right now asicminer new gen gear is selling at 1170 usd for 800gh   

so do I want to spend   2309 usd here (well 1909 usd after coupon)  and get a 1000 gh unit or do I want to spend 1170 usd and get an 800 gh unit.

I have to add a psu. I have one.

I have to add a rasp Pi  so  for 1230 usd I get  800gh vs   1909 for 1000gh   

This is very simple if the new asic miner 800 gh machine is good these s-2's are very overpriced.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
bitmain price for now is whatever is better for them to max their profit. If BTC going high then price is in BTC and if BTC going down then price is in USD Tongue
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
3 S2 coupons 400$ (exp 5/30), 0.01 BTC each or take um all for .02 BTC; PM me
Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

duh
In my opinion Bitmain didn't raise the USD price, he lowered the BTC price.  Since as far as I know he's always charged in BTC, and these are bitcoin miners.  Current exchange rates is what raised the USD price, and you can't blame Bitmain for that.  If you buy products from a country with a different currency you're always subject to exchange rates, and they may be favorable to you or not.  This is no different.

Its disgraceful keep changing the price so we can hardly earn a satoshi no matter what the  BTC price does!

They do charge in BTC.  They only quote in USD, (and BTC right next to it).  The price is dropping.  Right now they're at 3.961 BTC.  Just earlier today they were at 4.02ish.  They cost less today than they did two days ago when I bought mine.  How hard is that to comprehend?

And before you say that if you buy in fiat the price has gone up then let me just counter that by saying that if you start mining with one you're also going to make more fiat than you would have done as well.  You can't have it both ways.  You either price in BTC and the cost has gone down while the earning potential remains the same, or you price in fiat and the cost has gone up but so has the earning potential.  Take your pick.

What earning potential are you talking about?
The earning potential is the same, even if it is less than zero profit.  That doesn't change the opinion I posted.

This is a potential problem for miner.   You paid a high price for the S2 because BTC went up; however, during the handling/shipping time (5 days), BTC went down 20%.  You got double whammy because of the price increase and lower btc price when you finally got to mine.
The fluctuation in price of BTC has always been a potential problem for miners.  This is nothing new.  And certainly complaining about Bitmain's prices seems pointless to me.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Thanks, it was very nice of you.
No problem, anything helps after this diff increase  Wink

Still 2xS2 coupons available.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I have 2 S2 coupons expiring 30th May 2014. PM me if you want them for free. First come first serve, one per person.

P.S. I also have 1 S1 coupon expiring on the 29th.

Thanks, it was very nice of you.
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I have 2 S2 coupons expiring 30th May 2014. PM me if you want them for free. First come first serve, one per person.

P.S. I also have 1 S1 coupon expiring on the 29th.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

4 S2 coupons 400$ (exp 6/2), asking 0.01 BTC each; pm please
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
2 S2 coupons 400$ (exp 5/30), asking 0.01 BTC each; pm please
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I have a lame situation and need advise. I've replaced the power supply in my S2 because it was shutting off all the time. However, I want to repurpose this enermax for a mid-range gaming PC. How do I go about doing that since there are no peripheral cables?

Buy PCI-E cables in a store, like microcenter
http://www.microcenter.com/product/318756/PCI_Express_6-pin_to_2__PCI_Express_20_8-pin_(62-pin)_Adapter

be cautious of that cable. i had the same sort of ATX->dual PCIe and it was marked with 18awg but caught fire in under a minute of operation. disassembly showed what looked like 20awg or 22awg flimsy wires. Its not the sort of component that is meant for 300+ watts

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a lame situation and need advise. I've replaced the power supply in my S2 because it was shutting off all the time. However, I want to repurpose this enermax for a mid-range gaming PC. How do I go about doing that since there are no peripheral cables?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/318756/PCI_Express_6-pin_to_2__PCI_Express_20_8-pin_(62-pin)_Adapter
Thanks for trying but I don't see how that would help. I already have too many PCI-e cords but zero peripheral wires for hard drives, cdrom etc. I looked around for PCI-E female to molex adapter and even eBay didn't come up with anything. Essentially making this powerful PSU a piece of garbage.

enermax sells the exact cables on their website.
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Thanks for trying but I don't see how that would help. I already have too many PCI-e cords but zero peripheral wires for hard drives, cdrom etc. I looked around for PCI-E female to molex adapter and even eBay didn't come up with anything. Essentially making this powerful PSU a piece of garbage.

What happened to the cables that came with the replacement PSU? Every PSU I've ever bought (and I've bought a lot!) includes a full set of cables.
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

This is a potential problem for miner.   You paid a high price for the S2 because BTC went up; however, during the handling/shipping time (5 days), BTC went down 20%.  You got double whammy because of the price increase and lower btc price when you finally got to mine.
1 S2 coupon for US$400 expiring 27/5 for 0.01 BTC.  pm me.
Activity: 392
1 S2 coupon expire 30/5.   Let go at 0.011. Pm me.   Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: