Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 83. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
S1 is priced in BTC and S2 is priced in fiat, simple as that.   Tongue

Wish Bitmain would've priced the S2 in BTC from the get go, as I would like to jump on one of these bad boys once it gets reasonably priced pre-coupon.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2259 USD each one, shipping cost included.

So is S2 priced in $ or BTC ?
Are you trying to have best of both worlds ?

To me it looks like S2 is priced in BTC for you and $ is just mean to get what you want.

If BTC goes to $1000 your S2 price would be $4500  Tongue

no you are wrong.   today it is 2259 usd  so the 2259 stays frozen for a day.  while btc moves up and down.

btc is now 525 usd.  so you will pay more in btc  at this moment in time then you would have paid an hour or so ago when btc

was  535 usd.   you could get lucky and order when btc is 580usd (if it goes to 580usd)  and pay even less.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I have been very happy with BITMAIN. They are highly responsive. Easy to do business with. (AMT and BFL issues here) I pay, they deliver, I receive, open the box things are in order (minor shipping issues reseat a few cards but ok otherwise) and I am off to hashing after setup. All in all this is how a mining experience should be.

And the announcement of upgrades earlier this month just makes me happier to know I went with bitmain. I look forward to the next things they got coming. They are doing their very best and obviously take pride in their work. This is a huge win for everyone. Sure there will be issues, BUT I feel good knowing they are working on improving and they are on their game. That is a key point.
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 2259 USD each one, shipping cost included.

So is S2 priced in $ or BTC ?
Are you trying to have best of both worlds ?

To me it looks like S2 is priced in BTC for you and $ is just mean to get what you want.

If BTC goes to $1000 your S2 price would be $4500  Tongue
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I have 2 S2 $400 coupons for 0.01BTC each PM me, expires May 30th
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I have 53 S2 $400 coupons for 0.1 each PM me
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
I have 3 S2 $400 coupons for .085 each PM me
Activity: 812
I have 7 S2 400 off coupons

.1 BTC ea
Activity: 280
If they would have priced it in BTC from the get-go they wouldn't have this mess.
Activity: 728
Vote with your wallet and Bitmain will respond.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Wow, the price went up ….

Not cool ….

I think it is very cool that BITMAIN pricing is continuously responsive to market conditions.

Why don't you wait a couple more weeks while the difficulty increases … you might save a few dollars on the price …

~L)L~
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Juans US only, NO discount coupon group buy??

Almost as 'meh' as the 15USD price increase...

Well, 1859 (w/coupon) vs 1650. I'll take more than 10% discount  Grin
In these group buys you don't have to be quick though. Spond group buy-$3200, suddenly cut to $2900 as it ended.
S2 group buy stayed the same in $$, but you would have paid ~15% less BTC if you were one of the last to participate.
Sometimes it pays to wait, but sometimes it is not...I guess that it averages out over the longer time frames.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

It wasn't US only.

And I think asking for a discount on $1650 would be a bit much really
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Not cool ….

yeah btc is heating up 

yesterday   2244-400 = 1844  btc was 505  so 1844/505=  3.65 btc
today         2259-400 = 1859  btc is    535      1859/535 = 3.47 btc

If you have the coins on hand this is a no issue.  as it is less coins.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Not cool ….
Activity: 447
Which machine is less finicky at the higher ambient temperature: S1 or S2?
I have a bunch of S1 ants (~2000w worth) and S2 is/are coming.
I probably don't have enough air conditioning to keep all of my equipment cozy in the air-conditioned space.
Some units will have to go to the garage.

Does anybody have any positive things to say about either S1 or S2 at the ambient ~90-91oF (~32oC)?
Hopefully, it stays this way and not above for about a month more here.
I have over 20 S1's here in Texas. 

We have had over 100F weather here several times already and the S1's run fine as long as you keep the air flowing and constantly exchanging the hot inside air with fresh outside air. 

Some of the miners have hit 54C (which is 129F) when the building was closed up, but opening up the building and exchanging the air drops the temps down quickly. 

The key is to exhaust the hot air and bring in the cooler outside air.  Just keep the air flowing and you should be fine.

Thanks. Do you need a free s2 coupon? I don't have any S1 coupons left (and don't need any).
Thanks.  Go ahead and offer/donate the S2 coupons to someone else that can use them. I am trading/donating my S2 coupons also.

Good luck with the mining.
legendary
I probably don't have enough air conditioning to keep all of my equipment cozy in the air-conditioned space.

Does anybody have any positive things to say about either S1 or S2 at the ambient ~90-91oF (~32oC)?
I have over 20 S1's here in Texas. 

We have had over 100F weather here several times already and the S1's run fine as long as you keep the air flowing and constantly exchanging the hot inside air with fresh outside air. 

Some of the miners have hit 54C (which is 129F) when the building was closed up, but opening up the building and exchanging the air drops the temps down quickly. 

The key is to exhaust the hot air and bring in the cooler outside air.  Just keep the air flowing and you should be fine.

Thanks. Do you need a free s2 coupon? I don't have any S1 coupons left (and don't need any).
legendary

I don't have S2 but my 10 S1 still work very well at the ambient ~36oC. I'm from Vietnam.

Thanks. Would you care for a free s2 coupon? It is yours if you want it. Let me know your bitmain ID.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

legendary

Is that 10USD up??

Well, BTC is up ~15% from the flat, and Bitmain wants to partake. This makes you feel great about the Juan's group buy.
Pages:
Jump to: