Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 8. (Read 450930 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Does anyone want a S5? My electric costs are about equal to earnings, making it hard to continue...
Whats it worth?
there are insane people selling the S5 for $200, and there are even more insane people buy it for $200. I wouldn't buy one if it's over $100.

Of course, who wouldnt like 2 months ROI. Everyone love 2 months ROI. Its still too low for a S5 for now, but it look like the value might be about 160$.

Depends on where you sell it ebay you can get more then over here, but lots of possible headaches. I sold all my last gen gear S5's/SP20's/Avalon 4.1's.   I made far more selling then what I would make mining at normal electricity rate.

I did that bought coins with money.... so far was a very smart move short term.  Long term that will go into new mining gear.  But I think a lot would be surprised if they run ROI that they are better off selling.

And I HATE selling parting with miners.  But I know it has to happen at some points.

Well, i personally dont see the point selling them at 130$ or less. I can just run them instead. But for closer to 200$, i can see an upside. Maybe its just me but 100$ is way too low. At that price i'd probably want them.

I got over 200's for mine a decent amount above. I don't know where you got 130 number that is closer to S3 territory. I don't have included power with rent, my house has electricity bills.  You are lucky my friend and in a unique position.

Sure I want to keep them all.... but it adds up when you have a few.  And if I can get a few extra bitcoins for ROI vs sitting as a ornament it makes sense.   And they will buy new miners.    I like new running miners vs old miners laying around.   Would be nice mementos but I could always buy then later on for less then I sold.    
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Does anyone want a S5? My electric costs are about equal to earnings, making it hard to continue...
Whats it worth?
there are insane people selling the S5 for $200, and there are even more insane people buy it for $200. I wouldn't buy one if it's over $100.

Of course, who wouldnt like 2 months ROI. Everyone love 2 months ROI. Its still too low for a S5 for now, but it look like the value might be about 160$.

Depends on where you sell it ebay you can get more then over here, but lots of possible headaches. I sold all my last gen gear S5's/SP20's/Avalon 4.1's.   I made far more selling then what I would make mining at normal electricity rate.

I did that bought coins with money.... so far was a very smart move short term.  Long term that will go into new mining gear.  But I think a lot would be surprised if they run ROI that they are better off selling.

And I HATE selling parting with miners.  But I know it has to happen at some points.

Well, i personally dont see the point selling them at 130$ or less. I can just run them instead. But for closer to 200$, i can see an upside. Maybe its just me but 100$ is way too low. At that price i'd probably want them.
legendary
the s5 still has alot of use..
bitcoin isnt the only coin that the s5 can mine.. the difficulty of bitcoin has made it unprofitable..
but there are other coins, like peercoin, or digitalcoin that have much lower difficulty, making it extremely profitable. also since those coins difficulty isnt jumping up each time, it will stay profitable for awhile.

A lot is based on electricity price though. Some have a LOT of use left they are good miners.  For me selling and buying coin ended up good.  And I even have gained some value on coins going up after buying from all my sales.

Long term will I have made the right choice... I think so with my electricity rate since is not really cheap more normal.  But I could be wrong your right if some alt coin really takes off long term.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
the s5 still has alot of use..
bitcoin isnt the only coin that the s5 can mine.. the difficulty of bitcoin has made it unprofitable..
but there are other coins, like peercoin, or digitalcoin that have much lower difficulty, making it extremely profitable. also since those coins difficulty isnt jumping up each time, it will stay profitable for awhile.

legendary
Whats it worth?

legendary
Whats it worth?

legendary
Activity: 1036
Whats it worth?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Is there a way to keep the ATX power supply running after AC power is restored?
I have a Raidmax 1000w ATX PSU. I have done the paper clip mod, but after a power failure i have to remove the clip and put it back.
My Zapper Gold 750w is using a paper clip too and is not phased by power interruptions.

Your Raidmax is a piece of junk psu, in fact it has no right to call itself a psu. I wouldn't put that sh*t in any of my computer builds.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
Whats it worth?

If you're willing to work out a price, I'll gladly buy it off of you. PM me if you're still selling.
legendary
I finally decided to upgrade my S3+ to an S5 because I found one used for about what I paid for my S3+ used.  I only run 1 machine at home due to electricity costs, and new hardware is just too expensive for me to justify buying for a hobby.

Question: I've scanned through several threads but cannot find a simple, definitive answer to "the best" fan(s) to use.  I want it to be quieter than the 70db stock fan, but I want it to stay cool, too (about 25*C ambient).  Could anyone recommend me a fan or push/pull fan combo to use?  Thanks.
I used a pair of Noctua iPPC 3000rpm pwm fans in push/pull.  I set the fan control at 80% (with slight OC for extra hash goodness) and it kept @60c or lower.  MUCH quieter than the stock fan, but that's not saying much, is it??

Not really stock is hot and loud.  That is just what a stock S5 is, for better or worse.   

Even the best modded S5 I still don't think will touch under clocked Avalon 4.1.  That is the most quiet modern miner I think out there.   And I have played with a lot of different miners.  (No not including like stick miners in this, just big full size miners).
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
I finally decided to upgrade my S3+ to an S5 because I found one used for about what I paid for my S3+ used.  I only run 1 machine at home due to electricity costs, and new hardware is just too expensive for me to justify buying for a hobby.

Question: I've scanned through several threads but cannot find a simple, definitive answer to "the best" fan(s) to use.  I want it to be quieter than the 70db stock fan, but I want it to stay cool, too (about 25*C ambient).  Could anyone recommend me a fan or push/pull fan combo to use?  Thanks.
I used a pair of Noctua iPPC 3000rpm pwm fans in push/pull.  I set the fan control at 80% (with slight OC for extra hash goodness) and it kept @60c or lower.  MUCH quieter than the stock fan, but that's not saying much, is it??
legendary
Activity: 1109
My SeaSonic start's right up after power restore.
I actually use the breaker box to power-off/on my S5's, and have had no issues over the past year.
I power-down during the high-rate price time, and back on when the rate goes back down.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
Is there a way to keep the ATX power supply running after AC power is restored?
I have a Raidmax 1000w ATX PSU. I have done the paper clip mod, but after a power failure i have to remove the clip and put it back.
My Zapper Gold 750w is using a paper clip too and is not phased by power interruptions.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
I finally decided to upgrade my S3+ to an S5 because I found one used for about what I paid for my S3+ used.  I only run 1 machine at home due to electricity costs, and new hardware is just too expensive for me to justify buying for a hobby.

Question: I've scanned through several threads but cannot find a simple, definitive answer to "the best" fan(s) to use.  I want it to be quieter than the 70db stock fan, but I want it to stay cool, too (about 25*C ambient).  Could anyone recommend me a fan or push/pull fan combo to use?  Thanks.

Put your S3 fans in your S5, it will be quieter

Whats it worth?

People stopped buying miners and are buying GPUs instead.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Whats it worth?

if you are in usa check craigslist..
in my home town they are still going for over 400$
legendary
Whats it worth?

Anywhere from 75$ to 200$ i guess? Its hard to say, people arent even buying one well priced because the difficulty went so up. I'd probably buy one if really cheap, but would also sell one in the upper end.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Whats it worth?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
I finally decided to upgrade my S3+ to an S5 because I found one used for about what I paid for my S3+ used.  I only run 1 machine at home due to electricity costs, and new hardware is just too expensive for me to justify buying for a hobby.

Question: I've scanned through several threads but cannot find a simple, definitive answer to "the best" fan(s) to use.  I want it to be quieter than the 70db stock fan, but I want it to stay cool, too (about 25*C ambient).  Could anyone recommend me a fan or push/pull fan combo to use?  Thanks.
If noise is not a BIG issue, then try these.http://www.centrix-intl.com/details.asp?Parent2ID=1&productid=13257&gclid=Cj0KEQiAxrW2BRCFidKbqKyq1YEBEiQAnMDWxqwAlFvsRE32V0jYyad3sjzCFVa1jWH8zmjNMEpnlRsaAi1Z8P8HAQ
I use this on my single S5 and it's comparable to the S7 fan. Very similar design but EXTREMEMEMELY good cooling. Centrix makes really good fans, generally. Great for the price and a really high rpm PWM fan for the price. To compare, most pwms at 20$ only go up to ~2000. This goes to 4500.
legendary
Activity: 1274

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
What i have to do sometimes for my clients! Grin

Double s5 on c1 cooling/case, call it c2!

City water/mains water cooled! actually shower water Smiley)

Pics speak for themselves!

http://imgur.com/a/hvtSD

http://imgur.com/a/glZjN

Grin

I actually prefer immersion cooling. Sticking your miners in a clean fish tank, wiring it all up, then filling the tank with mineral oil. Then pumping that oil to a cooling method, a simple pump and radiator with a fan, pumping the mineral oil through a water cooled heat exchanger, or one of these days, I'll try GeoThermal cooling to go along with my solar and wind power.
Pages:
Jump to: