Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 151. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
So, Bitmain, are we going to see some $50 coupons?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
i don't appreciate that the site if sniffing my browser before connecting.
Sniffing your browser?  It really doesn't care much about your browser other than whether or not it is capable of some simple string manipulation and math.  It's the most basic level of defense against trivial DDoS's.
( It's sufficiently basic that a bot I wrote happily grabs the challenge, solves it, submits it, gets the cookie, re-accesses with the cookie, and grabs the data, then re-uses that cookie until the site decides the cookie expired and it starts over again.  I'll have to see how it fares with bitmain's site. )
You're sending vastly more information to a site about your browser just accessing a page in the first place.

Why do i need to see the message that the site is checking my browser for DDOS?
I certainly do not need to see that snippet-it should be done in the background.

Is this your first exposure to cloudfare? This is the way it works dude.

never seen this message before, although i am pretty sure many sites use the tech

I've seen it many times.

I don't know why people want to tolerate crappy web interfaces, but whatever (imagine google telling you on a blank page what tech they use for your web search-that would be a riot)

back to the main topic:
that cancelled transaction will be manually changed to paid by tomorrow (I have seen it multiple times)
If you still feel unsure, send email to info@ with your transaction number

It is part of Cloudfares Interface. They are explaining why there is a delay. You are being scanned to make sure that you are not an evil doer. 5 second delay is the most for me and I can accept that if it is the only way to access a site.

As for my purchase. Based on your feedback, I took down my complaint. I will see what tomorrow brings. This did not happen with previous purchase so it concerns me. Oh well I can prove that I paid within their time limit with the blockchain
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Sniffing your browser?  It really doesn't care much about your browser other than whether or not it is capable of some simple string manipulation and math.  It's the most basic level of defense against trivial DDoS's.
( It's sufficiently basic that a bot I wrote happily grabs the challenge, solves it, submits it, gets the cookie, re-accesses with the cookie, and grabs the data, then re-uses that cookie until the site decides the cookie expired and it starts over again.  I'll have to see how it fares with bitmain's site. )
You're sending vastly more information to a site about your browser just accessing a page in the first place.

I certainly do not need to see that snippet-it should be done in the background.

never seen this message before, although i am pretty sure many sites use the tech

I've seen it many times.

I don't know why people want to tolerate crappy web interfaces, but whatever (imagine google telling you on a blank page what tech they use for your web search-that would be a riot)

back to the main topic:
that cancelled transaction (EDIT: post is now gone) will be manually changed to paid by tomorrow (I have seen it multiple times)
If you still feel unsure, send email to info@ with your transaction number
legendary

I've seen it many times.
legendary

legendary

legendary

You want to think your browser is just freezing while making the check? Get over yourself.

actually, it takes roughly the same time for me as bitmaintech site is quite slow for the initial load, so there is no time difference (at least for me)
why being so defensive about a minor comment?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

You want to think your browser is just freezing while making the check? Get over yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Probably PR. They want people to know they're testing for it, so the non-technical folks will be comforted?

Well, they want to explain why the site that normally takes 30-40ms to load is now taking 5+ seconds.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Probably PR. They want people to know they're testing for it, so the non-technical folks will be comforted?
legendary

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
( It's sufficiently basic that a bot I wrote happily grabs the challenge, solves it, submits it, gets the cookie, re-accesses with the cookie, and grabs the data, then re-uses that cookie until the site decides the cookie expired and it starts over again.  I'll have to see how it fares with bitmain's site. )
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Site is offline again. It is crashing when I click the 'Add to Cart' button

EDIT: Working now.

Its likely an effect of the DDOS, site is on cloudflare so any outages should be very brief.

i don't appreciate that the site if sniffing my browser before connecting. it is not cool. if every site would had that annoying message, people would get upset.

You can read more about the DDOS protection technology here.
legendary

Its likely an effect of the DDOS, site is on cloudflare so any outages should be very brief.

i don't appreciate that the site if sniffing my browser before connecting. it is not cool. if every site would had that annoying message, people would get upset.

It is what it is dude. This is to protect from DDOS. Just be glad that the site is up.
legendary

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Thank you for listening to my complaints and doing the right thing. I bought two more from you today.

One by BTC and one by Credit Card. I am having one shipped via UPS and one shipped by DHL. I want to see which is the better service.
legendary

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
It's nice to see that the price is 369 USD now. Good job, Bitmain! Keep lowering!  Roll Eyes

more ddos + new manufacturers + people leaving antpool = lower price ?

"Customer feedback". They do listen.

Excellent!  What about the customers that bought @ $419.....Coupons I presume??
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
ANTMINER S5 BATCH 6 - Large Buy Reservation
283392USD / 1600pcs = 177USD per one S5 !??

This is a pre-payment for half price. You should complete it before shipping.
Jump to: