Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 146. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

I emailed them about buying 50-100 units when they reopened sales at $320. By the time they got back to me it was $419 and I was told there was no discount for 100-unit sales. I checked back when they dropped the price to $369 and was still told that there was no discount for 100-unit sales. Since the 1600-unit mass purchase is priced at about $350 per unit, they're probably not in the mood to negotiate. Which is retarded because in 3 months 1.1TH at $350 is gonna cost quite a bit more than 1.1TH at $370 now especially when you factor in opportunity cost of not mining for 3 months.

ANTMINER S5 BATCH 6 - Large Buy Reservation
Speed:    1600*1155GH/s
Price:       283392 USD

283392 : 1600=177,12 USD + shipping

Listed price for Batch 6 is the 50% of full payment as deposit to reserve the stocks. The remaining amount must be paid before May 9.

So yeah, $177.12 is the half-down deposit. The full price is $354, a whopping $15 off list price (4% discount). What was their unit price discount on the 52-unit blocks they were selling in February, when we first tried to contact them and got no response?

The point of Batch 6 is more of a reservation than a discount. There are several parties that want large quantities - but not for a few months - and so this allows Bitmain to plan production. The last thing anyone wants is for no S5s to be available because a few big parties came and took several weeks of production without any planning, and miners not be available to anyone else.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
They have S5 now at $369 for March 30 release. Shocked
Yeah, I just emailed their support people (Janet and Yoshi) for a BTC refund since they dropped the price the day following my BTC payment for two!

Please don't email Yoshi for order related enquries, he is no longer at that level and is very busy. Email email Janet, bitmain, use the ticket system on your account or ZenDesk.

What is the minimum difficulty I should set for these?

512 absolute minimum, 1024 much better, 2048 also acceptable.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Let's say I have several Antminers, could be 5 or 50.  Is there a program that would allow me to monitor all the data from the Status Page ?  ie:

Elapsed    GH/S(5s)    GH/S(avg) FoundBlocks LocalWork Utility WU BestShare Pool    URL    User    Status    Diff    GetWorks    Priority    Accepted      Diff1#    DiffA#    DiffR#    DiffS#      Rejected    Discarded    Stale    LSDiff    LSTime  Chain#    ASIC#    Frequency    Temp    ASIC status Fan#    Fan1    Fan2    Fan3    Fan4
Speed (r/min)

Obviously not in that format !   Ideally it would be in a grid (like excel) with miners on one axis and selectable info on the other.  And periodic refresh too  Smiley         

You can try M's Monitor too. I've personally never used it, but I think it list all of the miner's on the local network, here's a link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Let's say I have several Antminers, could be 5 or 50.  Is there a program that would allow me to monitor all the data from the Status Page ?  ie:

Elapsed    GH/S(5s)    GH/S(avg) FoundBlocks LocalWork Utility WU BestShare Pool    URL    User    Status    Diff    GetWorks    Priority    Accepted      Diff1#    DiffA#    DiffR#    DiffS#      Rejected    Discarded    Stale    LSDiff    LSTime  Chain#    ASIC#    Frequency    Temp    ASIC status Fan#    Fan1    Fan2    Fan3    Fan4
Speed (r/min)

Obviously not in that format !   Ideally it would be in a grid (like excel) with miners on one axis and selectable info on the other.  And periodic refresh too  Smiley

You can try cryptoGlance (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoglance-v21-open-source-self-hosted-multi-rig-monitoring-tool-569924)

or

M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178)
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
who is buying 500 units and those 1600 units? don't there sell at 1 unit or 2 unit?

Batch 5 is for 1 to 1599 units. Batch 6 is for 1600 units. Those that are buying 50+ are contacting bitmain to try to get a deal.

Trying unsuccessfully, most likely. As much as I don't mind not helping out the rich guys, they're not really being consistent with the last 1.5 years of sales policy.

Speed (r/min)

Take a look at cgminer's built-in miner.php
Activity: 26

Speed (r/min)

Activity: 44
who is buying 500 units and those 1600 units? don't there sell at 1 unit or 2 unit?

Batch 5 is for 1 to 1599 units. Batch 6 is for 1600 units. Those that are buying 50+ are contacting bitmain to try to get a deal.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Any chance I could Purchase them in a Package again of like 25-50 units like before.... i want to buy a Package but cannot afford 1600 units unfortunately... Cry

Tried emailing them for a specific price quote?

I emailed them about buying 50-100 units when they reopened sales at $320. By the time they got back to me it was $419 and I was told there was no discount for 100-unit sales. I checked back when they dropped the price to $369 and was still told that there was no discount for 100-unit sales. Since the 1600-unit mass purchase is priced at about $350 per unit, they're probably not in the mood to negotiate. Which is retarded because in 3 months 1.1TH at $350 is gonna cost quite a bit more than 1.1TH at $370 now especially when you factor in opportunity cost of not mining for 3 months.

Maybe if I do 50 and you do 100 together they will give us a 2% discount -- lol
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I don't see anything to do with bitmain, maybe because their ddos protection kicked in and is working?
http://coinfire.io/2015/03/12/bitmain-fights-back-against-ddos-group/
tl;dr: The group laying claim to the DDoS also specifically referenced a DDoS against another site, Bitalo.com .  The bounty for finding the DDoS'ers against Bitalo.com is now up to 110BTC, with 10BTC coming from Bitmain; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10757155
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
I see the $369 price but have not been able to put any in the Cart - The screen past the 2nd 'captcha shows their transaction website to be offline.   

Notice that the DDOS reward is up to 110 BTC - Hopefully that's enough to motivate someone into action !

Where do you see that reward?

http://bitcoinbountyhunter.com/bounties.html

I don't see anything to do with bitmain, maybe because their ddos protection kicked in and is working?

It's there. You have to read.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Anyone know the model of the stock S5 fan? Also, do they make a PWM adapter that goes between the fan and connection to undervolt/clock the fan a little? The fan is working too hard, temps are 49-50, I could lower the RPMs a little to get it a little quieter. Also, how many watts/amps/volts can we pull from the fan connections on the controller board? The fan on there must be pulling like 4-5 watts, right?
legendary
Personal text my ass....
I see the $369 price but have not been able to put any in the Cart - The screen past the 2nd 'captcha shows their transaction website to be offline.   

Notice that the DDOS reward is up to 110 BTC - Hopefully that's enough to motivate someone into action !

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Just an FYI, my order 00120150312162546778V6qHj1G20656 is showing unpaid still even though everything went through.  I know you are doing them manually, so I'll just keep checking.
Activity: 924
Confused, never checked my coupons.  Looks like they have expired.  The validity date is the last date they're usable?
Sorry for the stupid ? Wink

You can still ask support.
Will try that, thanks.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
What is the minimum difficulty I should set for these?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Confused, never checked my coupons.  Looks like they have expired.  The validity date is the last date they're usable?

You can still ask support.
Activity: 924
Jump to: