Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 181. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
Anyone put a S5 in an S3 case (with the top) and then see how well a push/pull dual fan setup works?

Not to bump an old thread, but in my experience many miners are giving far to much though to push pull, water cooling, etc - for their S5 units.

The method outlined in my Guide on Vertical Positioning of your units with a simple box fan keeps 6 S5 Units within close proximity to one another, with a single fan each - all very cool, and overclocked at 392.50. 

There are detailed diagrams in the thread found here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-stratos-antminer-s5-vertical-mounting-setup-guide-updated-photovideo-945775

Strato
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Anyone put a S5 in an S3 case (with the top) and then see how well a push/pull dual fan setup works?
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Presale Starting May 1st
how much i can mine bitcoin daily with anti miner S5? and for S4?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I think Bitmain is getting ready for Chinese New Year. So no Sales right now - Make sense - Also says it on there web site Closed for Chinese New Year

Yup. Its easier than making a really delayed shipment batch, not everyone sees the notices.

@Dogie @BitmainWarranty - Happy New Years Guys  Grin

I'm in the EU and BMW is mostly in the US Tongue
legendary
dogiecoin.com
also, anyone tried Push&Pull with stock S5 fans on S5 to see any favorable result in reducing heat or noise?

I tried it, just makes 2x the noise and not a lot of additional cooling Tongue The best configuraiton is 2x stock S3 fans as they're just the right strength to get the job done while not simultaneously sucking your face off.

That's funnily because i did that my temps dropped to the 40s push pulling two stack S5 fans but the noise if you want I'll put then back on and screen shot it i figured how to on the forums i think that was OC to 393 or close it held at 47 or so with those fan the noise was to much for me .

To me it didn't increase cooling sufficient to justify the extra 15W and noise levels though. It doesn't make sense over 1x S5 fan unless you're running in literally 50C.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Hi, BITMAIN,

We noted that AntMiner S5's are having some minor issues when mining some particular low-diff and fast-work restart coins. Users which are mining on our NiceHash/WestHash SHA256 pool are seeing up to 5% rejects in particular periods of time when these miners are working on low-diff and fast-work restart altcoin orders. Could you let your technicians to look into this and provide some patch in the future firmware? Could this be due to too weak controller not being able to process all shares when working on low-diff and fast-work coins?

Kind regards,
NiceHash

FWIW, I have 4 s5. 2 batch 1 and 2 from the batch right after the coupons.
my batch 1 have +- 0% rejects and are clocked @ 375
the other 2 have  +- 4% rejects and are clocked to 350

edit: they have the same firmware(newest) BTW.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
Can anyone tell me what all these LEDs on the controller board and hash boards mean?

I know what the two main LEDs mean.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

also, anyone tried Push&Pull with stock S5 fans on S5 to see any favorable result in reducing heat or noise?

I did and it's very loud but ran very cool for me but the noise was to much , so I went back to my two delta fans i will post screenies  if asked to . that was even putting heat sinks on the two chips still to much noise but nice and cool.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
S5s now are unavailable for purchasing at Bitmain website...  Sad

Good.  might be very helpful for sales to stop at :

bitmaintech
sp-tech
avalon

all three companies can take a month vacation from selling gear.
Activity: 840
@Dogie @BitmainWarranty - Happy New Years Guys  Grin
Activity: 840
I think Bitmain is getting ready for Chinese New Year. So no Sales right now - Make sense - Also says it on there web site Closed for Chinese New Year

I tried it, just makes 2x the noise and not a lot of additional cooling Tongue The best configuraiton is 2x stock S3 fans as they're just the right strength to get the job done while not simultaneously sucking your face off.

That's funnily because i did that my temps dropped to the 40s push pulling two stack S5 fans but the noise if you want I'll put then back on and screen shot it i figured how to on the forums i think that was OC to 393 or close it held at 47 or so with those fan the noise was to much for me .
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
I would not be surprised that if we see a strong upsurge in price, miners would become very very hard to come by and sold at a primo price.

If, hypothetically speaking of course, we say BTC rise to $500, $600, or higher levels; manufacturers of mining equipment would adjust prices accordingly.

And in my opinion we see these manufacturers pulling items from the shelves - that might be a sign that the big players are anticipating a move upwards- knowing they could sell the unit on even a moderate correction back downwards in price yet seize the mining returns in the mean time.

Just my two cents.

Strato
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Oh, please. Don't offer this to me. "Will never ROI".  Grin
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

That's okay, you can buy an S5 hosted at hashnest for 1.719 BTC ($430 at the time of this post).
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

Just got home after testing my push/pull configuration with the fans I bought.  Couldn't get them to run under 80 C at stock frequency with the two fans I put on them, so turned them down to 300 and they are able to stay around 70 to 75 C.  Kind of sucks not being able to run them at full strength, but still averaging around 1 TH/s this way and the fans are under 25 decibels, which makes my parents very happy.
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
Still haven't seen one of these suckers in Australia. I'm really wishing I could get one but the current exchange rate is brutal.

Oh yea, you Australians are getting clobbered on the exchange at about 75 cents to the USD. Ouch  Shocked

Yeah and petrol is going back up which is just great.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 420
Merit: 260
Still haven't seen one of these suckers in Australia. I'm really wishing I could get one but the current exchange rate is brutal.

Oh yea, you Australians are getting clobbered on the exchange at about 75 cents to the USD. Ouch  Shocked
Jump to: