Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 179. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Not the right place for trading...
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Antminer S5 for sale used less than 15 days
Sale for Cash or BTC
Pickup from my Place

If Interested PM me with your Price
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I have replaced a PSU with Corsair RM1000 (80+ Gold). Now the power consumption at the wall is less (662-666 Wt), and HWE has been reduced twice (from 0.027% to 0.013%). It's all after 11 hours of running, will see what happen next.  Smiley

p.s. seems that after "halt" command the power consumption is about 150 Wt...

That's actually rather high for a stock S5, they're usually in the 580-600W at the wall territory. Have you got anything else on the PSU?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
My S5 lost half its hashrate today. Its been about 8 hrs of reduced cycle.  This is my first bitcoin miner.  How should I approach troubleshooting? 

Switch the power supply off. Count to 20. Switch it on.

If this doesn't help you might want to try another PSU, try powering one blade at a time, swap controller cables, swap controller ports.

It`s not a PSU issue, i have 2 s5 on 2 different PSU A 750w and a 1000W, and yes they drop to half speed alot ramdomly, ( NOT OC`ed ), sometime after 10-20 mins they will go back up to full speed, sometime not, and sometime totally freeze up and need a PSU reset.

i would have to assume it`s a firmware bug

on first gen firmware or Jan 7 firmware?
It happened to me on first gen, not much or very rarely on jan 7 firmware.

Yeah the latest firmware pulled out the majority of the bugs in relation to blade dropping but it seems not all of them. Recommended to upgrade to the latest if you're not already on it.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Just received my 3 S5's. have to say, very quick, live in NW USA and ordered last friday, (saturday in CHN) and already have. Amazing travel time imho. I went with the fed ex, as it was the lowest option. I have 2 of the 3 up and running, (i need a new psu) and they are both hashing very nicely.
Im using a 650W PSU with 1 and two 750's with another. #1=1162 GHS, #2=1154 GHS averages.
can we overclock these? What is the setting for overclocking?
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
I have replaced a PSU with Corsair RM1000 (80+ Gold). Now the power consumption at the wall is less (662-666 Wt), and HWE has been reduced twice (from 0.027% to 0.013%). It's all after 11 hours of running, will see what happen next.  Smiley

p.s. seems that after "halt" command the power consumption is about 150 Wt...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My S5 lost half its hashrate today. Its been about 8 hrs of reduced cycle.  This is my first bitcoin miner.  How should I approach troubleshooting? 

If this doesn't help you might want to try another PSU, try powering one blade at a time, swap controller cables, swap controller ports.

It`s not a PSU issue, i have 2 s5 on 2 different PSU A 750w and a 1000W, and yes they drop to half speed alot ramdomly, ( NOT OC`ed ), sometime after 10-20 mins they will go back up to full speed, sometime not, and sometime totally freeze up and need a PSU reset.

It might be in your case, but I've had random issues on one unit with "x", "-", blades disappearing, mining sporadically stopping - all went away after replacing the PSU. Worth a try if nothing else helps.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
That was 33 days from out of the box to reboot.
Same here, had it running without a hitch for weeks, and a couple of days ago, I noticed it had halved hash-rate. Did a software reboot and all was OK until I noticed the same yesterday ... another software reboot and its fine thus far. A bit worrying if you are not keeping an eye on it though ....

One of mine did this to me today. 

I've had 1 of my 2 units do this twice now.  It ran for almost a month with no issues, then I noticed it was only running at half speed.  A reboot solved it for about 2 weeks and then it did it again.  I now check first thing in the morning when I get to the office.

The only time my SP20s are down is when I update the firmware. Otherwise they have been rock solid.  Received them a day after the S5 units.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Same here, had it running without a hitch for weeks, and a couple of days ago, I noticed it had halved hash-rate. Did a software reboot and all was OK until I noticed the same yesterday ... another software reboot and its fine thus far. A bit worrying if you are not keeping an eye on it though ....

One of mine did this to me today. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Wow, I've not had uptime like that yet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 11

It's odd. I went from Nicehash and rebooting every few hours to ghash and once a day reboots to f2pool and 9 days uptime straight. Could be pool related.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

on first gen firmware or Jan 7 firmware?
It happened to me on first gen, not much or very rarely on jan 7 firmware.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250

Restart

Worked! Thx Grin
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Restart
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Anyone put a S5 in an S3 case (with the top) and then see how well a push/pull dual fan setup works?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10040683
Jump to: