Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 180. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello, guys!

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the S5's hashboard and it's radiator?
Length x Width x Height.

with out measuring it looks the same as a S3 and the S1 (if you have either of those)

I have S4 only, and waiting for the shipment of S5.
I'm planning to make some modifications of cooling system, that's why I decided to make some preparations before I received these devices.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
0.25$=0.00104 BTC so a very good price.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Have had two S5 running flawlessly for three weeks and today experienced an issue (batch four, OE file system, CGminer 4.9.0, 306.25 MHz clock).  One of the two appeared to have frozen.  Perhaps half a day elapsed while both controller and Hash appeared stuck.  Discovered the problem by observing lower than expected Hash on Eligius and traced it back to the specific S5 by addressing it, whereupon it displayed the miner status page (without my logging in or selecting it), but was unresponsive to GUI selections.  I shut down the PSU for sixty seconds, fired it up again, and back to normal.  It now once again appears fine.
Noticed today my Westhash account was down ~2TH/s.  Did a visual on the miners and all appeared fine.  Tried addressing the two S5s and neither responded.  Power cycled both, checked their status (as well as the S3s), and all was back to normal.  The temps are 42/44, 46/46 and neither has been o/c'd (at least, not since Bitmain shipped them.)  The power supplies are CX750M with all four PCI-E connectors populated, the file system is the Jan 7 version, CGminer is 4.9.0, and the clock is 306.25MHz.

PS. Took a look around and it appears Batch 4 is sold out and I see no mention yet of a Batch 5.

Mine are doing the same every so often. Cant access the interface and need a restart to get them going again. Happens every so often weird stuff any ideas. Thanks

Both on the latest firmware? I've not seen this yet.

Dogie - I am on the latest firmware
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Hello, guys!

Length x Width x Height.

with out measuring it looks the same as a S3 and the S1 (if you have either of those)
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello, guys!

Length x Width x Height.

https://i.imgur.com/lZmXzh2.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Anyone put a S5 in an S3 case (with the top) and then see how well a push/pull dual fan setup works?

not much improvement in fact a bit worse ,,    I have settled with 1 delta as a push and a 367 freq.

If I want to I can get freq 412  and 1331 gh but too many fans to do it.

I have noticed on my S5's that I can get a small amount of lower temp ( maybe a degree or 2) if I leave a small amount of opening about 3/4" on the bottom of the miner on the push fan side when using a piece of hard plastic that I have the miner sitting on. I have not checked it but am thinking it draws air in thru that opening than just having the whole bottom closed. I also have the miner sitting up off the basement floor a couple of inches.
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
Anyone put a S5 in an S3 case (with the top) and then see how well a push/pull dual fan setup works?

not much improvement in fact a bit worse ,,    I have settled with 1 delta as a push and a 367 freq.

I wasn't aware that they are interchangeable.  Is it as simple as installing the S5 innards (blades and controller) into an S3 case or some other way?  I think the S5 are a tad narrower and a bit longer (if a 2nd pull 12038 fan is installed at the other end) than the S3 based on the dimension in the specs.  Note that there is also a cover on the base of the S3.  How is the mod done?

S5:
300mm x 137mm x 155mm
S3:
331mm x 137mm x 160mm

So identical widths, S3 a bit higher due to the top and bottom plates it seems. S3 is longer due to the additional fan, but that should account for 35mm, which suggests that the S5 is a bit longer.

I really meant higher - not narrower (in standard orientation and not on its side).  An additional 12038 fan would make the S5 at least 338mm long.  I guess the question is: do both models have identical mounting/screw holes?

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

not much improvement in fact a bit worse ,,    I have settled with 1 delta as a push and a 367 freq.

If I want to I can get freq 412  and 1331 gh but too many fans to do it.

I wasn't aware that they are interchangeable.  Is it as simple as installing the S5 innards (blades and controller) into an S3 case or some other way?  I think the S5 are a tad narrower and a bit longer (if a 2nd pull 12038 fan is installed at the other end) than the S3 based on the dimension in the specs.  Note that there is also a cover on the base of the S3.  How is the mod done?

S5:
300mm x 137mm x 155mm
S3:
331mm x 137mm x 160mm

So identical widths, S3 a bit higher due to the top and bottom plates it seems. S3 is longer due to the additional fan, but that should account for 35mm, which suggests that the S5 is a bit longer.
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

I wasn't aware that they are interchangeable.  Is it as simple as installing the S5 innards (blades and controller) into an S3 case or some other way?  I think the S5 are a tad narrower and a bit longer (if a 2nd pull 12038 fan is installed at the other end) than the S3 based on the dimension in the specs.  Note that there is also a cover on the base of the S3.  How is the mod done?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Have had two S5 running flawlessly for three weeks and today experienced an issue (batch four, OE file system, CGminer 4.9.0, 306.25 MHz clock).  One of the two appeared to have frozen.  Perhaps half a day elapsed while both controller and Hash appeared stuck.  Discovered the problem by observing lower than expected Hash on Eligius and traced it back to the specific S5 by addressing it, whereupon it displayed the miner status page (without my logging in or selecting it), but was unresponsive to GUI selections.  I shut down the PSU for sixty seconds, fired it up again, and back to normal.  It now once again appears fine.
Noticed today my Westhash account was down ~2TH/s.  Did a visual on the miners and all appeared fine.  Tried addressing the two S5s and neither responded.  Power cycled both, checked their status (as well as the S3s), and all was back to normal.  The temps are 42/44, 46/46 and neither has been o/c'd (at least, not since Bitmain shipped them.)  The power supplies are CX750M with all four PCI-E connectors populated, the file system is the Jan 7 version, CGminer is 4.9.0, and the clock is 306.25MHz.

PS. Took a look around and it appears Batch 4 is sold out and I see no mention yet of a Batch 5.

Mine are doing the same every so often. Cant access the interface and need a restart to get them going again. Happens every so often weird stuff any ideas. Thanks

Both on the latest firmware? I've not seen this yet.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
No ideas, but it's important we bring this behavior to Bitmain's attention.  Seems to me something's wrong and it's important they get that feedback, this misbehavior can cause loss of hours of Hash, and that's Hash we paid for.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Have had two S5 running flawlessly for three weeks and today experienced an issue (batch four, OE file system, CGminer 4.9.0, 306.25 MHz clock).  One of the two appeared to have frozen.  Perhaps half a day elapsed while both controller and Hash appeared stuck.  Discovered the problem by observing lower than expected Hash on Eligius and traced it back to the specific S5 by addressing it, whereupon it displayed the miner status page (without my logging in or selecting it), but was unresponsive to GUI selections.  I shut down the PSU for sixty seconds, fired it up again, and back to normal.  It now once again appears fine.
Noticed today my Westhash account was down ~2TH/s.  Did a visual on the miners and all appeared fine.  Tried addressing the two S5s and neither responded.  Power cycled both, checked their status (as well as the S3s), and all was back to normal.  The temps are 42/44, 46/46 and neither has been o/c'd (at least, not since Bitmain shipped them.)  The power supplies are CX750M with all four PCI-E connectors populated, the file system is the Jan 7 version, CGminer is 4.9.0, and the clock is 306.25MHz.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
not sure why, but only saw handfull vs, non-stop last year... but the firework in china is great!!!  Not a cheap shot firework in some countries Grin Grin Grin

This year, tho...  Not many fireworks popping in the sky like last year  Cry
Why not ?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Have had two S5 running flawlessly for three weeks and today experienced an issue (batch four, OE file system, CGminer 4.9.0, 306.25 MHz clock).  One of the two appeared to have frozen.  Perhaps half a day elapsed while both controller and Hash appeared stuck.  Discovered the problem by observing lower than expected Hash on Eligius and traced it back to the specific S5 by addressing it, whereupon it displayed the miner status page (without my logging in or selecting it), but was unresponsive to GUI selections.  I shut down the PSU for sixty seconds, fired it up again, and back to normal.  It now once again appears fine.
Noticed today my Westhash account was down ~2TH/s.  Did a visual on the miners and all appeared fine.  Tried addressing the two S5s and neither responded.  Power cycled both, checked their status (as well as the S3s), and all was back to normal.  The temps are 42/44, 46/46 and neither has been o/c'd (at least, not since Bitmain shipped them.)  The power supplies are CX750M with all four PCI-E connectors populated, the file system is the Jan 7 version, CGminer is 4.9.0, and the clock is 306.25MHz.

On my end AntPool has been paying better as of late.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Why not ?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io

Not to bump an old thread, but in my experience many miners are giving far to much though to push pull, water cooling, etc - for their S5 units.

The method outlined in my Guide on Vertical Positioning of your units with a simple box fan keeps 6 S5 Units within close proximity to one another, with a single fan each - all very cool, and overclocked at 392.50. 

There are detailed diagrams in the thread found here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-stratos-antminer-s5-vertical-mounting-setup-guide-updated-photovideo-945775

Strato

I am testing this method today with semi closed top and bottom sides. Standing on a desk and the S5 fan is 50mm from the desk top
with and without a second fan in pull. I was sitting at 4000RPM from fan 1. At that speed i need tie downs to keep the S5 in place.
i am finding it a challenge to find a balance between noise levels and temps.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
@vabchgent,

Happy New Year to you!!  or probably better to say Happy Valentine!!  

Yes in China, everyone is getting ready for the New Year!  Lots of Festivity Decorations and its Happy Time!  

Many staffs are headed back to their home town where more festivities are seen and feel.

Wait until the 19th. Isn't that the Lunar New Year this year?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@vabchgent,

Happy New Year to you!!  or probably better to say Happy Valentine!!  

Yes in China, everyone is getting ready for the New Year!  Lots of Festivity Decorations and its Happy Time!  

Many staffs are headed back to their home town where more festivities are seen and feel.

Jump to: