Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 177. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
http://
Hummmm  interesting question...

we have not seen a masked S5 yet  Grin Grin Grin

any pictures?

Does anyone use a dust filter on their s5? I have one on the push fan. It contributes a bit to the noise but what do you all do with dust?

Yea. I can show you a pic but first tell me how to upload a pic. It's been a while and I can't seem to find a help file.

upload your pic to imgur or other free service, then choose the size (large thumbnail is good)
copy and paste directly in the post the link from imgur that says message board formatted image or something like that.

Thanks... I'll try that!!!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

any pictures?

Does anyone use a dust filter on their s5? I have one on the push fan. It contributes a bit to the noise but what do you all do with dust?

Yea. I can show you a pic but first tell me how to upload a pic. It's been a while and I can't seem to find a help file.

upload your pic to imgur or other free service, then choose the size (large thumbnail is good)
copy and paste directly in the post the link from imgur that says message board formatted image or something like that.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
* btcminer021 sits patiently waiting for S6

while others are happily hashing on the current equipment...

it is unlikely that S6 will be a huge revelation-most likely 0.4Gh/w or slightly below.
3.6Th at ~0.4Gh/w=1440w, at the limit of a typical 15w circuit at 115V.
I would be surprised if it will be something drastically more efficient.

Also, don't expect to pay less than $1500 shipped for it. It is NOT going to be a bargain because BMT large box machines never are.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine hard!
* btcminer021 sits patiently waiting for S6
http://

any pictures?

Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

any pictures?

I couldn't resist, the timing is properly insane Cheesy.

Is it possible to change the voltage of the chips trough software in this gen of board S5/C1?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Why did they sell it at such a high price?

the simple answer.... because they can. The market will bare it.

At this point there are really only 2 options for home miners... Bitmain and SP and Bitmain is less than SP.

But you cant even buy antminers now...

Can buy C1 and S5. Just no more S3.

S5 is sold out.

Its just for the holidays, everything proper shuts down at this time.

Bitmain shows C1 available to purchase but won't ship until after the holidays.  The S5 is in a sold out status.  I see their top offering is hosted S5's on Hashfast.net but those are sold out as well.

I wonder what the Bitmain supported S5 farm means as far as quality of any S5's offered to the public in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die

At this point there are really only 2 options for home miners... Bitmain and SP and Bitmain is less than SP.

The Avalon 4.1s are nice for home miners as well.  Just a bit more expensive, but extremely quiet for 1+ TH/s.   I have a mixture of Bitmain S3s, S5s, and Avalon 4.1s.

I originally had 9 S3s at my office, but have since brought them home and replaced them with the Avalon 4.1s since they are much quieter and virtually have almost no sound at all since noise is the concern at the office.
Who's the North American supplier for Avalon 4.1?
Activity: 318
Merit: 250

The Avalon 4.1s are nice for home miners as well.  Just a bit more expensive, but extremely quiet for 1+ TH/s.   I have a mixture of Bitmain S3s, S5s, and Avalon 4.1s.

I originally had 9 S3s at my office, but have since brought them home and replaced them with the Avalon 4.1s since they are much quieter and virtually have almost no sound at all since noise is the concern at the office.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Hummmm  interesting question...

we have not seen a masked S5 yet  Grin Grin Grin

any pictures?

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Because many people do have free or next to free power, and most people aren't looking for a 50 day ROI.

I've been wondering about free or low cost power.  I've  been to trying research and figure out how to find exactly that for a few weeks now, but to no avail.  No one I know has unlimited power included in their homeowners or something similar.

I'd love to hear some solid advice on how to join these many people with an edge on power costs.

Thanks.

Europe requires a hell of a lot of heating, which is elec/gas that would have otherwise been burnt for free.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

S5 is sold out.

Its just for the holidays, everything proper shuts down at this time.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Because many people do have free or next to free power, and most people aren't looking for a 50 day ROI.

I've been wondering about free or low cost power.  I've  been to trying research and figure out how to find exactly that for a few weeks now, but to no avail.  No one I know has unlimited power included in their homeowners or something similar.

I'd love to hear some solid advice on how to join these many people with an edge on power costs.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I am using a EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 650W ATX12V Power Supply 120-G1-0650-XR power supply
I am seeing varying hash rates on both the status page and the pool's page. I know they are not going to be exact but the pool shows a dip in my hash rate, the hash rate graph on slush's pool (the one I'm using) looks like a saw blade rather than a straight line. The miner is set a 337.5 and that should give me 1.1Th/s but it sometimes dips to just under 1Th/s then back up.
Im using slush's pool with btcguild as a secondary

sorry, its been a while... how do i post a screenshot? i have it in png format

That is normal.
When I make the can switch I'm not going to be at 1.1Th/s but I would like to be close. I'll be watching the temps and if I'm stable and I can run the miner in the 60's then I could get a few more hashed out of it.
[/quote]

1) What power supply make and model are you running?
2) Are you seeing the varying hashrate on the S5's status page or your pool's status page?
3) What pool is it at?
4) Please can you provide a screenshot of the S5's status page?

Temps are best kept under 60C but its not a "its going to blow up" situation if below 70C. You may shorten the lifetime of your S5 by running it that hot however. Hardware errors shouldn't change appreciably between 60 or 70C either.

[/quote]

I am using a EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 650W ATX12V Power Supply 120-G1-0650-XR power supply
I am seeing varying hash rates on both the status page and the pool's page. I know they are not going to be exact but the pool shows a dip in my hash rate, the hash rate graph on slush's pool (the one I'm using) looks like a saw blade rather than a straight line. The miner is set a 337.5 and that should give me 1.1Th/s but it sometimes dips to just under 1Th/s then back up.
Im using slush's pool with btcguild as a secondary

sorry, its been a while... how do i post a screenshot? i have it in png format
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

S5 is sold out.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

Jump to: