Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 223. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
I Monday received shipment confirmation of two S5 from Bitmain and Tuesday verified they've completed sort in Shenzen for EMS shipment to me on the US East Coast.  Current plan is to replace the fan with S3 push/pull, modest underclock, construct a metal cover for the top, and use a single Corsair MX750M (590W S5 spec, dual PCI-E and dual Molex-PCI-E cables and underclock being key).  Am I overlooking anything that I shouldn't?
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Thank you BITMAIN and YOSHI for exemplary after sales service and lightning fast rma. I received the replacement (Canada)within 24 hours of first email!

Hashing at full speed now. Happy Mining  Grin

Thanks grn. Wish you love our product.
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
@PeaMine,

Please check your PM!

@grn,

Sorry for 1 day of downtime, glad to hear you are back hashing at full speed.  

Thank you

The cool stickers make the lost day worthwhile. Your customer service makes it a pleasure to do business with Bitmain
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@PeaMine,

Please check your PM!

@grn,

Sorry for 1 day of downtime, glad to hear you are back hashing at full speed. 

Thank you
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
Thank you BITMAIN and YOSHI for exemplary after sales service and lightning fast rma. I received the replacement (Canada)within 24 hours of first email!

Hashing at full speed now. Happy Mining  Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Me too Peamine, I have to check them all the time because there is no auto-restart feature if it get's below a certain hash.
Activity: 979
Past 8 days I have been hashing with my two S5 systems.
They would almost daily, at stock settings, would fail to around 600GH per system.
Temperature is 38c on the readings, 350 frequency, 850 watt Gold EVGA power supply with 4 unique rails.
At first I thought it was the firmware that needed to be updated, but after updating the firmware yesterday it seems to at least increase the chance, as now one is entirely offline and the other is hashing at 600GH.
Multiple power cycles and one of them isn't staying online for more than 1 or 2 hours, though both were hashing at 1160GH for a couple hours after a reboot. 
I never recorded temperatures above 40C (It's very cold here in a large unheated building).

What should I do?  Do they need to be RMA'ed? Are others having this issue?  Is there a script I can run that will auto restart or power cycle them when hash rate is this low or not responding at all?
I'm ready to buy 10-20 S5's instead of a Farm of SP20, but so far the S5 is not reliable enough for a personal farm, even with just 2 compared to my SP20 farm.
Let me know what to do.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Hum... time to go buy some EVGA from newegg!

Newegg has a pretty decent deal on the evga supernova 1300 today.  $159 with a $30 rebate makes it $129.  I ordered one up to replace my corsair cx750m's  These particular corsair PSU's were discounted refurbs so that may be why my S5 shut down after a couple hours.  I swapped it with another cx750m that I had on an S3, all good so far.

Limit of 5  Cry

Rebate is limited to one per household

Yes that too.   Cry  Cry
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Newegg has a pretty decent deal on the evga supernova 1300 today.  $159 with a $30 rebate makes it $129.  I ordered one up to replace my corsair cx750m's  These particular corsair PSU's were discounted refurbs so that may be why my S5 shut down after a couple hours.  I swapped it with another cx750m that I had on an S3, all good so far.

Limit of 5  Cry

Rebate is limited to one per household
donator
@Sheltered,

Please PM us for a replacement fan.

We need your order confirmation info and shipping tracking number.

Thank you
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Received my S5 unit today, and the fan failed after 10 minutes of use.

Anyone else have  failed fan?

legendary

Limit of 5  Cry
donator

legendary
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
It went up. I bought when it was cheaper.. the duty/brokerage was rough though. 130 CAD for 2 units
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Did anyone noticed bitmain have increased shipping costs for S5 (was like 50 and now it is 80)

Hi, the shipping cost will be automatically calculated by the system when you place the order in our official website.
I did not change delivery address.
On the day of S5 release it was ~50USD and now it is 80USD for the same address.

Shipping is sometimes subsidised by Bitmain, sometimes not. So shipping price may vary as that changes.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Out of curiosity, what weighting did you use when you measured the SPL of the fans?

what is SPL? I am not familiar with this term.
Sound pressure level. It's the dBs you got.

Why was this question asked? [The thread never got continued]. Short or long weighting should come out near identical, one just takes longer to get to the reading.
There is a lot more than just averaging going on between A weighting and C weighting. C is much flatter and extends significantly farther into the low part of the spectrum. Many people have noted the higher pitch of the S5's stock fan running full out.

Nevermind, I thought you were referring to something else entirely. Hence my confusion.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So is a corsair cx750m not beefy enough for these?  I have two S5 running on one corsair cx750m each (which only have two PCIe cables each that split to provide two plugs each for a total of four).  I did have one unit shut off randomly after a couple hours of mining yesterday but I didn't pay attention to whether the PSU had shut off or just the S5.  The S5 was power off though, no lights, no fan, nothing.  Turning the PSU off and back on brought it back up and it has been running since.  The other unit has been running the whole time.

So as I posted above, one CM750M is absolutely fine for 1x S5. Its unlikely you could get away with it on just one cable strand, but two cable strands is more than enough [and I've been running for weeks].
donator
CoolMaster 1000W PSU will be 1 x S5.  2 will die or see lots of lovely Xs

Also, Corsair cx750m will work for now, but may experience high failure rate about 3-4 weeks into it or later, and HX850 is recommended.

S5 is out in the market for only 2 weeks.  So, you may not experience much failure yet but we have used CX750 in heavy miner deployments in the past and seen what it does.  (360w-400W sure, but not when it is pulling 590-600W constant)

PSU, please remember, you will need minimum 2 rails of 12v with TICK GAUGE PCI-E cables or else, it will get hot and may melt or may catch fire.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Out of curiosity, what weighting did you use when you measured the SPL of the fans?

what is SPL? I am not familiar with this term.
Sound pressure level. It's the dBs you got.

Why was this question asked? [The thread never got continued]. Short or long weighting should come out near identical, one just takes longer to get to the reading.
There is a lot more than just averaging going on between A weighting and C weighting. C is much flatter and extends significantly farther into the low part of the spectrum. Many people have noted the higher pitch of the S5's stock fan running full out.
Jump to: