Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 237. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.

Also, if anyone has coupons for sale, please pm me your offer... Thanks.

The coupon transfer functionality on the website seems to be broken so I don't think anyone can buy or sell coupons right now.
sad day.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

The coupon transfer functionality on the website seems to be broken so I don't think anyone can buy or sell coupons right now.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Could someone please update me on the safest over clocking potential?
If you have a cold air source, or can handle a lot of noise, 412.5MHz seems to be about the limit before hashrate starts nose-diving. Board temperature around 65C doesn't seem to be the problem. Peaks out around 1.32-1.35TH, and at 425MHz is down to 1.25TH
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Could someone please update me on the safest over clocking potential?

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Ordered a S5, paid it, batch 4 which should be sent out on January 12. Price paid: 401 USD.
Now advertised on the Bitmain-site: S5, batch 4, should be sent out 12/1: 358 USD.
So basically, by paying early, I get ripped off by Bitmaintech of 43 US$?

Nice move. Really nice move.
In case you haven't noticed, stores (of all kinds, everywhere) change the price of their products constantly. Why should Bitmain be any different? When did they make any price guarantees?

And then gave a coupon for the difference anyway!

Right. Which means that I would have to buy another miner for getting a similar price like the clients who ordered and paid for the same batch later than I did and probably will receive their miner first. That's what you're saying?

Send a PM to BITMAIN_Janet and request she refund the difference to you in BTC rather than the coupon. She has been able to help myself and others with similar issues.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Ordered a S5, paid it, batch 4 which should be sent out on January 12. Price paid: 401 USD.
Now advertised on the Bitmain-site: S5, batch 4, should be sent out 12/1: 358 USD.

In case you haven't noticed, stores (of all kinds, everywhere) change the price of their products constantly. Why should Bitmain be any different? When did they make any price guarantees?

Is this so? Never noticed this before, thanks for mentioning it.

Amazon is one store that changes their prices... daily. I just bought something x 10 from there yesterday and today the price dropped by US$6.34... that's US$63.4..... Was rather pissed. Should have waited. But then, there was once I waited and the price went up... grrrrrrr~
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

Right. Which means that I would have to buy another miner for getting a similar price like the clients who ordered and paid for the same batch later than I did and probably will receive their miner first. That's what you're saying?
legendary

Is this so? Never noticed this before, thanks for mentioning it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
I used a PWM fan controller to adjust the fan speed downward. I'd estimate that I cut the speed in half and resulted in temps around 68 operating at 312.5M.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeamtech-PL-RS-PCI-Rheosmart-PCI-Controller/dp/B004LL8KF6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420747794&sr=8-4&keywords=pwm+fan+controller
Activity: 556

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Here's my experience with the 2 S5's (batch 2) I received yesterday.  Got it unpacked and hooked up and turned on I thought "Oh, hell no!"  No way those fans can make this a home miner unless you're talking about keeping them in the Silence of the Lambs basement.  Switched to the Silverstone 141 fans on performance mode (1,920RPM is a loud woosh over the scream of the OEM fan) and put them in the back in a pull setup.  Turned on and they quickly shot up to 79 degrees Celsius, tried at 312.5M and they stayed at 79.  Turned them off and moved the fans to the front (fits fine if you use a bootless network cable) in a push setup, turned them on and they started going up past 70 again, so set the miners at 312.5M and waited.  They settled at 70-74 degrees C according to GUI, in a room that's about 75-80 degree F with 0 HW errors.  I can handle that, each is hashing about (1,025 GH/s avg.) that's about what my C1 did (1,005 GH/s avg.).  Need to get some readings with the Kill-A-Watt today to see how much power it's drawing at 2 x 312.5M.

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
coupons force customers to re buy in order to recoup any potential .. not positive that is the best way to incentives loyal customers.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Please double check!!  $358 does not include SHIPPING FEE.  Price went UP not down...  

Also, for some customers did pay higher price, before the price adjustment.  For those who are affected with the price change, the discount coupons were sent to each account from the Sales Team of Bitmain.

Thank you!

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Oh, along with that I'd concur that the fan profile is stupid on these things. The one I have in my mining location has ASIC temps of 42C, and the fan is still spinning at 3360RPM. A lot of headaches would probably be avoided with better fan control.
+1. The S5 is perfectly capable of running with <0.05% errors as high as 60-65C, perhaps higher (i wouldnt suggest pushing any higher though) The PWM settings are the culprit here and Bitmain needs to follow the example of how SP-T controls its fans.

At 7V, in a 21C room, and with a few clear packing tape strips over the top of the device to better tunnel airflow - I can run 350MHz/58C or 362.5MHz/61C
Activity: 672
^^ don't forget shipping costs are not included at product page
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Dear RealMalatesta,

Coupons have been issued to your account due to the price drop. Please PM me your order ID if you didn't not receive them.
legendary

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
@Ilan123, I put 2 delta fans on and it is rather quite now, running at 54-56c with an RPM at 2880 for both fans when I last looked. I don't have the P/N with me right now though. My SP20's are about 70db and the S5 about 60db with the new fans. It was louder than my other units before the change but I did not take a reading. Others have the stock db level from the S5 units here though. I will get particulars later like ambient room temp and the P/N for the fans later today.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Bitcoin Miner is a very time sensitive item and UPS requires a telephone number to ship the package, so when there is any issue arise during the delivery time such as the driver can't find your house or the business, they can call you and ask you what to do or how to find you to deliver the box.

Just tried to order two with BTC to the US.  Couldn't!  Appears to require I enter a mobile phone number, something I neither have nor need/want.  What is this shit?

International shipping requires that there be a contact number that the recipient be available if there is an issue during shipping.  You should not need a mobile number specifically.  Just enter you home or business number in all the phone fields.  I regularly have things delivered to the US with out issue with a mobile or home/business number.
Jump to: