Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 269. (Read 451048 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I'd still like to use some of my S3, S4, and C1 coupons for some S5's.
I was thinking the same thing. I have a load of S3, S4 and C1 coupons I'm never going to use. Would be nice to have the option of applying/converting them towards S5's (and S6's) in the future.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Employ a single person without an office and company to act as middleman? Not sure if it's against the law, but there's still cost of salary + cost of shipping miners to that person.
Having the miners go to EU by ship? Maybe, but you will get your miners 1 month later than everyone else.
The cost of shipping large batches of goods should be significantly lower than if you ship separate packages to separate people...

Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Its not in the best interests of the customer. I ran the numbers and you can fit about 200 S1s into a fully laden LD3, which is ~800-900kg. Its highly unlikely that any country will have 200 of anything going to it on the same day, so customer orders would then have to be held. Once it arrived in the destination country, it would then have to be delivered to another national warehouse, where its emptied and individual boxes are relabelled, and then reshipped. The turnaround would take 1.5-2.5 days depending on courier pickups, for the boxes to re-enter the courier network. Then, Bitmain has to pay to have them shipped a second time.

So you've said $2 per S5 for 1/3 of the way round the world.
Fixing your size estimations to actually make them fit, it becomes $6 per unit.
Fixing your destination so they actually arrive in the right country becomes $10 per unit.
Fixing your speed of delivery to match UPS becomes $20 per unit.
Having units delivered to a national warehouse, handled and relabelled becomes $26 per unit.
Then handing each unit back to an air courier once in the destination country (for the US) or by express land) becomes $40-55 per unit.
This all assumes you've got 100% occupancy and on every single day or near enough you can fill an LD3 per country.

Meanwhile, you just increased the time of delivery to the customer by 4-7 days.

Dogie,

While I appreciate the effort you put into things, this is why people don't like you.  You make mostly incorrect guesses and pass them off as fact.  

You are just making armchair guesses at how things are done, with made up numbers.  Anyone can do this, but for some odd reason you do this and then pass off your guesses as fact to the public.  You think you are so smart, but rather than taking the opportunity to learn (which is what a smart person would do), you take it as an opportunity to flaunt your ignorance.  A smart person would ask me how to do this and learn from my experience.  

Your whole argument is just silly.  You are saying any business that imports will be more expensive than buying direct from overseas.   Let me ask you, if I want to buy something on Amazon that is made in China, is it cheaper to buy it on Amazon or is it cheaper to have UPS ship it from China (I am talking about products sold by Amazon, not 3rd part sellers)?  Think about it.  Everything I buy on Amazon is made in another country, yet everything is shipped domestically for a reason.  

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
Please enjoy MOQ 1 while supply last!!!   Grin Grin Grin

Did they get rid of the purchasing 2 requirement?

You nearly had me there. Had my finger over the buy button but just couldn't do it with the shipping as well. I'd really really like an S5 but just at the current cost/difficulty level plus what I pay for electricity I just can't bring myself to do it. Coupons may sweeten the offer though Wink

But really, thank you for listening to your customers. I know there's a lot of whinging and complaining here about certain things but as a whole I've had a good experience with you guys (Tim, your support guy especially) Smiley
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
My mind had to be in the dirty side today....   Grin Grin Grin

Hummmmmmmm  Will pass that on to sales team!   Wink

sorry to make fun of your username, but I initially thoght it was something else toward the end of the username as "e" instead of "a"   Grin

Most people ask me how well I play the saxophone. So that's a new one.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.

sorry to make fun of your username, but I initially thoght it was something else toward the end of the username as "e" instead of "a"   Grin

Most people ask me how well I play the saxophone. So that's a new one.
donator
That still works for S4 and S5   Grin

For the best heat dissipation wouldn't it be more efficient to have the fans go bottom to top since the chips are releasing heat at the top?

or simply a large fan blowing air toward the miner-worked great for me in S1.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
For the best heat dissipation wouldn't it be more efficient to have the fans go bottom to top since the chips are releasing heat at the top?

or simply a large fan blowing air toward the miner-worked great for me in S1.
donator

sorry to make fun of your username, but I initially thoght it was something else toward the end of the username as "e" instead of "a"   Grin

Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
donator
Please enjoy MOQ 1 while supply last!!!   Grin Grin Grin

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I think they did. Last I checked you could order 1 with batch 2 or 3.

yes to batch 2 or  batch 3   below is batch 3:

1 for 456    usd shipped to the usa
 2 for 899    usd shipped to the usa
 3 for 1343  usd shipped to the usa
 4 for 1779  usd shipped to the usa

the prices above are pretty good. quality is not known so my hands are sweating as I wait to test mine out.Wink
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin

I think they did. Last I checked you could order 1 with batch 2 or 3.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
legendary

since no demos or test units have arrived to us no one knows,

but in the case of the s-3 cooling issues were just about zero.
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
legendary
WOW!!!

Great to hear you got the PSU and even the nicer fan lined up waiting for the S5  Cheesy

Got some Christmas money, ran a spreadsheet and decided this is the best miner going for profitablity.  Especially with a few EVGA SuperNova 1300's collecting dust.  Placed my order.  I figure they work on Christmas.  Or the day after I guess.

these look like they will compete with  the sp20.

I have a new evga 1300 g2 waiting for my test demo

I have this fan :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...  it will be nice.

yeah once a gear head always a gear head. LOL
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Any major issues with the current S4 firmware?

Sorry if Im ignorant.  If there is or are...  Please PM or let us know

Thanks!

@fresca,

do you have a serial comm for the control PCB?  if not, PM us, it sounds like your control PCB may be bricked...

If so, let us take care of you...  Firmware loading, please be careful, if you don't have a way to flush it.

Anything for the S4?

PM sent
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
The problem here is Dogie claims to remain indifferent in how it claims to rate each company. No individual can remain completely unbiased when you are employed by one of them. If you go through many of his posts in other forums, they are usually one liners auto scripted, at times taken out of context. In bitmain forums, he rarely helps anyone to completion. Rather he hands off the problem to bitmain directly, wasting everyone's time.

The final straw, he has insulted way too many people here. No company with any logic would hire him with his lack of community.

Pat, we all know what you're doing - you need to make some more accounts if you want to keep flaming from secret.

Dogie, please confirm that the highlighted text is a typo, that you actually meant pak as in pak13 the author of the text, and that you were in no way referring to me. Again.

Just to be ensure there is no confusion.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Not too major, but the 10/16/2014 firmware doesn't completely address var diff as well as the patch ck put up.  The only problem with his is having to reapply after any restart. With 10/16 firmware I'd hit 1900-2000, with ck's patch I'd hit 2000-2100gh/s.

Any major issues with the current S4 firmware?

Sorry if Im ignorant.  If there is or are...  Please PM or let us know

Thanks!

@fresca,

do you have a serial comm for the control PCB?  if not, PM us, it sounds like your control PCB may be bricked...

If so, let us take care of you...  Firmware loading, please be careful, if you don't have a way to flush it.

Anything for the S4?

donator
@edgar,

PM sent.... 

'absolutely promising chip in world'...

this is yet another long scam by serial scammers

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

Just ignore him. He's angry at Bitmain because an admin deleted some of his posts.

that's just vintage edgar. grumpy ol coot Smiley Merry Xmas!!

OH, so >1000usd owed since june is not bothering me??

dont be so fake & dumb, shill-dogie!

Jump to: