Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 270. (Read 451048 times)

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Any major issues with the current S4 firmware?

Sorry if Im ignorant.  If there is or are...  Please PM or let us know

Thanks!

@fresca,

do you have a serial comm for the control PCB?  if not, PM us, it sounds like your control PCB may be bricked...

If so, let us take care of you...  Firmware loading, please be careful, if you don't have a way to flush it.

Anything for the S4?
donator
WOW!!!

Great to hear you got the PSU and even the nicer fan lined up waiting for the S5  Cheesy

Got some Christmas money, ran a spreadsheet and decided this is the best miner going for profitablity.  Especially with a few EVGA SuperNova 1300's collecting dust.  Placed my order.  I figure they work on Christmas.  Or the day after I guess.

these look like they will compete with  the sp20.

I have a new evga 1300 g2 waiting for my test demo

I have this fan :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe it will be the best possible fan for the s-5>  If the s-5 is like the s-1 or s-3  this fan will make the s-5 a quiet miner.

The real key is how the s-5 is with the new pcb board.  If it runs as stable as the s-3 did.

It may take over the sp20's title as the best home miner.
I am excited to do my review.
I will do it with 3 different psu's that are all quality.
the evga 1300g2
the seasonic 1200 plat
the seasonic 760 plat  --------I ordered new cables from Cablez to use with the seasonic psu's.
lastly I have lower quailty psu's

To me as a miner.
 My gut tells me we will have two quality machines available affordable the s-5 or the sp20.
Both have a shot to roi .  it will be nice.
donator
Hard Question...  Big Enough to Honor all the paid members plus just in case RMA Reserve

Wink

Hey BITMAIN how big are your S5 batches?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Hey BITMAIN how big are your S5 batches?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
You really are an opinionated nicompoop.
And that makes you what?
What makes you believe that we are all in this to fall within the constraints of your nifty little spreadsheet on whether we'll make returns and by when? And just in case you missed it, bitmain are actually considering an S1 to S5 kit, so there!
As dogie said, they can consider, just as I consider doing a lot of things that I never end up doing. I'm not saying they won't do it either, they'll certainly do it if they feel there are enough "nincompoops" around who will fall for the illusion of saving money by doing an upgrade. I'm just throwing out my advice to help guide anyone who may fall victim to the illusion of saving a few dollars. It is a tempting siren song, after all. Don't feel bad if you were tempted and have now come to your senses, it is completely understandable.
Dogie is NOT bitmain, he is paid by them for whatever they pay him for, and his opinion is as good as anyone's (in this case yours, as in worthless!). Suffice to say, the notion has been brought to the attention of the movers and shakers at bitmain, so your input is moot at this point.
And don't flatter yourself, you are no where near guessing what I was thinking with regard to the upgrade kits .... but like I said, you are an opinionated nicompoop and just can't help yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
Looks like batch 2 is Sold Out.

it appears to be still available (batch 2) unless you are trying to buy in bulk. They probably don't like giving such a large discount when there is enough demand from smaller customers paying a higher price.

It also looks like they dropped the batch 3 price by $5
Activity: 556
You really are an opinionated nicompoop.
And that makes you what?
What makes you believe that we are all in this to fall within the constraints of your nifty little spreadsheet on whether we'll make returns and by when? And just in case you missed it, bitmain are actually considering an S1 to S5 kit, so there!
As dogie said, they can consider, just as I consider doing a lot of things that I never end up doing. I'm not saying they won't do it either, they'll certainly do it if they feel there are enough "nincompoops" around who will fall for the illusion of saving money by doing an upgrade. I'm just throwing out my advice to help guide anyone who may fall victim to the illusion of saving a few dollars. It is a tempting siren song, after all. Don't feel bad if you were tempted and have now come to your senses, it is completely understandable.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
@fresca,

do you have a serial comm for the control PCB?  if not, PM us, it sounds like your control PCB may be bricked...

If so, let us take care of you...  Firmware loading, please be careful, if you don't have a way to flush it.

Anything for the S4?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
@fresca,

I got the new firmware to work!  I had some intermittent phases of red and green lights both solid and flashing.  I manually reset the miner and was then able to access it.  DHCP settings are slightly different so it took me a little while to get it sorted out.  But its hashing away now.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Got some Christmas money, ran a spreadsheet and decided this is the best miner going for profitablity.  Especially with a few EVGA SuperNova 1300's collecting dust.  Placed my order.  I figure they work on Christmas.  Or the day after I guess.

these look like they will compete with  the sp20.

I have a new evga 1300 g2 waiting for my test demo

I have this fan :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe it will be the best possible fan for the s-5>  If the s-5 is like the s-1 or s-3  this fan will make the s-5 a quiet miner.

The real key is how the s-5 is with the new pcb board.  If it runs as stable as the s-3 did.

It may take over the sp20's title as the best home miner.
I am excited to do my review.
I will do it with 3 different psu's that are all quality.
the evga 1300g2
the seasonic 1200 plat
the seasonic 760 plat  --------I ordered new cables from Cablez to use with the seasonic psu's.
lastly I have lower quailty psu's

To me as a miner.
 My gut tells me we will have two quality machines available affordable the s-5 or the sp20.
Both have a shot to roi .  it will be nice.
donator
@fresca,

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
@IITravel01,

1200W for 3 S3+ is a bit too high...

We have low efficient PSU and Kill-a-Watt showing 1087-1107W.

PM us your e-mail, someone from the company will send you a beta firmware for the S3 and S3+

Some are already floating around I think, but if you want the authentic version, PM us and will have someone e-mail it you.

I tried both 120v and 230v (with a step up voltage converter and a true sine wave UPS and a 240v Kill-A-Watt) with a Gold 1200w (showed 91% efficiency with 2 X S3+) and also used a Platinum 1600w power supply.  You can check my earlier posts for more info.  3 x S3+ at default took about 1,200w at the wall (but is rated at 355w x3 = 1,065w).

Can I get some beta testers for a new S3 firmware please? Download link is here, it *should* be good to go but as you know....

Rolls back to the last good patch in Oct (1024), but fixes voltage adjustment and the important reset button. Hopefully.... let me know.

MD5: 7DF1B12D28B25E10AAC37E2EAFC7397B

hey dogie, i tried to flash the bin and get solid red and solid green lights on the s3.  when i try to reach the miner i get "network is unreachable."  Does this mean that I have to take out the card and reflash it with firmware, or something else?  So far this beta doesn't work for me.  I think I read the same thing prior but nonetheless tried it out.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Got some Christmas money, ran a spreadsheet and decided this is the best miner going for profitablity.  Especially with a few EVGA SuperNova 1300's collecting dust.  Placed my order.  I figure they work on Christmas.  Or the day after I guess.

Funny, BOTH batch 2 and Batch 3 are available simultaneously. The latter is few $$ cheaper, but ships four days later.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Yeah we're all still working, Christmas or no Christmas.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
@IITravel01,

PM us your e-mail, someone from the company will send you a beta firmware for the S3 and S3+

Some are already floating around I think, but if you want the authentic version, PM us and will have someone e-mail it you.

I tried both 120v and 230v (with a step up voltage converter and a true sine wave UPS and a 240v Kill-A-Watt) with a Gold 1200w (showed 91% efficiency with 2 X S3+) and also used a Platinum 1600w power supply.  You can check my earlier posts for more info.  3 x S3+ at default took about 1,200w at the wall (but is rated at 355w x3 = 1,065w).

Can I get some beta testers for a new S3 firmware please? Download link is here, it *should* be good to go but as you know....

Rolls back to the last good patch in Oct (1024), but fixes voltage adjustment and the important reset button. Hopefully.... let me know.

MD5: 7DF1B12D28B25E10AAC37E2EAFC7397B
donator
@IITravel01,

@IITravel01,

It will consume 600W but it is depends on your PSU efficiency counts and if the PSU can take some overloading.  1300W PSU, sure there is not much overhead  Sad

is a 1300 watt PSU enough to run two S5's?

Yes it is, as long as its not a terrible brand.

It should, but it's close to boarding on it not (only 10% headroom).  I would think it's OK, but would keep on eye on the setup for a while before feeling comfortable leaving it unattended.

S5s are 590W at the wall with a ~85% PSU. That means 500 pre PSU. 1000/1300 = plenty of headroom.

The S3 specs. stated at the wall, but my meter on my power supply and my Kill-A-Watt showed that the readings were at the power supply.  If the S5 is the same then not so much headroom.

And ambient temps and 110-240V.

I tried both 120v and 230v (with a step up voltage converter and a true sine wave UPS and a 240v Kill-A-Watt) with a Gold 1200w (showed 91% efficiency with 2 X S3+) and also used a Platinum 1600w power supply.  You can check my earlier posts for more info.  3 x S3+ at default took about 1,200w at the wall (but is rated at 355w x3 = 1,065w).
Activity: 635
Enough fans and screws?

Hummmm... Pass that on to Papa Ant! Grin

See whats mama and papa think!

S2 upgrade boards would also be an incredible value if the existing PSU can be reused somehow. Or even a replacement PSU kit.

Got 66 pairs of S1 heatsinks and frames spare....  Grin

Yeah sure! A shitload of screws.... (Imported from USA)  Wink  Grin  Grin
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
@IITravel01,

It will consume 600W but it is depends on your PSU efficiency counts and if the PSU can take some overloading.  1300W PSU, sure there is not much overhead  Sad

Yes it is, as long as its not a terrible brand.

It should, but it's close to boarding on it not (only 10% headroom).  I would think it's OK, but would keep on eye on the setup for a while before feeling comfortable leaving it unattended.

S5s are 590W at the wall with a ~85% PSU. That means 500 pre PSU. 1000/1300 = plenty of headroom.

The S3 specs. stated at the wall, but my meter on my power supply and my Kill-A-Watt showed that the readings were at the power supply.  If the S5 is the same then not so much headroom.

And ambient temps and 110-240V.

I tried both 120v and 230v (with a step up voltage converter and a true sine wave UPS and a 240v Kill-A-Watt) with a Gold 1200w (showed 91% efficiency with 2 X S3+) and also used a Platinum 1600w power supply.  You can check my earlier posts for more info.  3 x S3+ at default took about 1,200w at the wall (but is rated at 355w x3 = 1,065w).
donator
Enough fans and screws?

Hummmm... Pass that on to Papa Ant! Grin

See whats mama and papa think!

S2 upgrade boards would also be an incredible value if the existing PSU can be reused somehow. Or even a replacement PSU kit.

Got 66 pairs of S1 heatsinks and frames spare....  Grin
Jump to: