Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 35. (Read 450989 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

For USA customers ,  ITOP Shop  will Ship locally from NY , thanks.

Will that price include shipping?

If Bitmain is selling direct for $2750, I'd rather go there, ship direct and take my chances with customs.  Your price is too high to yet add shipping on top, if their price does end up as stated.

yes , that price can have  shipping cost be included , if use USPS for 12KG goods , will not cost much .
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

From what I read, ~$3300 each, and they require more power than most houshold rooms (USA) can safely relay.

You're assuming you have to run it from one circuit.
 Granted, most "rooms" in the US only have 1 or 2 circuits, and if 2 the second one would commonly be lighting-specific, but a lot of rooms ESPECIALLY kitchens, most garages that have power at all, and pretty much all homes have multiple circuits available and plenty of space in the breaker box to add more circuits (worst case have to replace a few single-circuit breakers with dual-circuit type).

On the other hand, the S5+ wasn't intended for "home" miners - the regular S5 is still Bitmain's better option there for the time being 'till they run out of used ones from Hashnest/farm usage and finally start selling the S7.

I have to wonder how many "weekly" Batch 7's they're gonna need before they run out (or essencially out).
legendary

Also, your HW error rate looks really high relative to what I see on my S5's, is this a byproduct of the quad blade  - perhaps the extended cable lengths?  I2C/SPI can be pretty sensitive to cable length...

With Original S5 fans I had a better result.

About the same error rate per hour, actually. STILL way high on the error rate. I'm starting to think MarkAz has a point on the long cable lengths.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
may all be a moot point don't know what will be asking price and shipping price of the big one.

Yeah, it could become a rather pricey experiment to conduct (big $$$$).

From what I read, ~$3300 each, and they require more power than most houshold rooms (USA) can safely relay.  A garage or shop with a 220V circuit may be able to do the job.       --scryptr

right now it is 2750  usd on bitmaintech's chinese website

the usa seller wants 3299 plus 75 to ship  so It would be 3374 from him.  I get some very small discounts if I use paypal so it drops to 3314.  Which is too much.

But bitmaintech at 2750 + ? to ship could be  under 3000.  Still too much but closer to what I want to pay.

I ran some ROI math at 2.7K I personally cant justify it as much as I want to.   It is better then resellers.  Quite honestly I'm getting tired of resellers adds one extra layer of paying more.  I would rather get direct.   SFards seems to have made resellers happy which is not a good way to go for hobby miners.

But I agree would love to own one just need to get it at a lower cost.   

Yea LMAO  but it's been going on for years with PC well everything .and it is very annoying how greedy they can get .
legendary
Activity: 1456
may all be a moot point don't know what will be asking price and shipping price of the big one.

From what I read, ~$3300 each, and they require more power than most houshold rooms (USA) can safely relay.  A garage or shop with a 220V circuit may be able to do the job.       --scryptr

the usa seller wants 3299 plus 75 to ship  so It would be 3374 from him.  I get some very small discounts if I use paypal so it drops to 3314.  Which is too much.

But bitmaintech at 2750 + ? to ship could be  under 3000.  Still too much but closer to what I want to pay.

I ran some ROI math at 2.7K I personally cant justify it as much as I want to.   It is better then resellers.  Quite honestly I'm getting tired of resellers adds one extra layer of paying more.  I would rather get direct.   SFards seems to have made resellers happy which is not a good way to go for hobby miners.

But I agree would love to own one just need to get it at a lower cost.   
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Hey Tupsu, any particular reason you did the 4 blade setup?  I have the water cooling kit, but haven't installed it yet, and was wondering whether I would do that or not, wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle on the connectors.

Also, your HW error rate looks really high relative to what I see on my S5's, is this a byproduct of the quad blade  - perhaps the extended cable lengths?  I2C/SPI can be pretty sensitive to cable length...

The reason was that I sent one Controller to bitmaintech warranty.

With Original S5 fans I had a better result.

legendary

How much more can they push this die size before going to lets say 22 or even 16 it is very impressive they took it this far .

I'll bet not much more and why we got the S5 + this way to help found the next push.  which imo is a smart move.

They can put up to 20 BM1384 on one string per the chip specs - which works out to a lot better efficiency, abet quite a bit lower hashrate. IIRC I posted a calculation in another thread where a 20-string was somewhere in the .30-.35 watt/GH (or J/GH, a Joule (sp) is 1 watt/sec so it should be J/GHs).

I don't think ANYONE was expecting this particular unit or form factor. I still think it should have been called "S6" not "S5+" since it is not even CLOSE to the S5 form factor but is semi-close to a rack-mount form factor. Or perhaps "S5Trio+" might have been even better yet.

At the current Yuan price on the Bitmain chinese website, the $ price will probably be around $2750 + shipping at ballpark $100-$150 when they make it available on their main website, unless Bitcoin makes another significant jump/drop before Friday.

3337 HW errors in 8 hours? Something wrong with at least one of those blades - the 67C on the one blade don't look real good either.
 Nice to see this CAN be done though in case of a controller failure at some point. Just use some cable ties to hang one unit upside down from the next shelf up (with the bottom closed up with cardboard or something for cooling) above the other to keep the cable length short.

Activity: 687
Merit: 511
Works for me with latest S5 firmware.

S5.5

Hey Tupsu, any particular reason you did the 4 blade setup?  I have the water cooling kit, but haven't installed it yet, and was wondering whether I would do that or not, wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle on the connectors.

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

legendary
Activity: 1456

Yep it is a pricey experiment.  Although I did risk more one my first dragon.  

I would love to have a S5+ running on my 240 line.   It just is hard to predict when next gen effects it.  If I order one and next gen comes out in a month or two I will feel like an idiot most likely.     But if they put off next gen till a certain point yes it's worth it.

So much unknown it's really speculating.
legendary

You can now calculate.  Shipping weight 13 kg.

12,6 kg is  164.66 USD to estonia. (DHL)
alh
legendary
Activity: 1845
Merit: 1052

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary

One cautionary note: I'd swear that Bitmain has disabled support for more than two blades on the more recent S5 firmware. You'll also need to work out the issues associated with the fact that there are THREE hashing boards within each "s5 like" section of the S5+ miner. I have no idea what the S5+ firmware will do if it doesn't come up with all 9 hashing blades, or if some of them are S5 and not S5+ blades. Things could get ugly right quick since the number of chips per hashing board, and string topology is different between the S5 and S5+. While it would be nice to intermix stuff, it might well not be possible at this time (or ever).

S5.5

Click on the image to view enlarge picture

That's easy make it , two firmware and update it so other wise good point it might become a nitemare firm ware wise because of the big diff .
legendary

One cautionary note: I'd swear that Bitmain has disabled support for more than two blades on the more recent S5 firmware. You'll also need to work out the issues associated with the fact that there are THREE hashing boards within each "s5 like" section of the S5+ miner. I have no idea what the S5+ firmware will do if it doesn't come up with all 9 hashing blades, or if some of them are S5 and not S5+ blades. Things could get ugly right quick since the number of chips per hashing board, and string topology is different between the S5 and S5+. While it would be nice to intermix stuff, it might well not be possible at this time (or ever).

S5.5

Click on the image to view enlarge picture

legendary

The difference between 50% load and 100% load in terms of 80+ testing is 3-4% loss in efficiency.

Varies some, I've seen a few high-end Gold units lose closer to 2% between those points.

PSU's unlike miners are ASSETS and not LIABILITIES

Miners are not liabilities as long as they can mine at a profit. I'd class them as short-term high depreciation assets, vs, power supplies where a good power supply can be a very long-term asset.

Given that I anticipate the "in process of showing up" generation of miners to have a high probability of being viable for 4+ years, I doubt that power supplies will outlast 3 generations of miner past the "current showing up" generation on a high-probability bases. Miners are catching up to "state of the art" in the current generation, after a few years of each ASIC generation being well behind the current state of the art for semiconductor manufacture.

50% to 80% load on MOST gold power supplies is usually less than a 1% drop in efficiency. Seems like the optimal point from a ALL costs basis is around 70-80% ballpark - which is also a good point to be at from a LONG TERM reliability basis.

I'm really not sure about downclocking and power usage

In my S5 testing, the efficiency was pretty close to flat vs. clock rate from 300 Mhz to 380ish. The varience seemed to be mostly "measurement tolerance" and a very small contribution from the small efficiency difference in the power supply with varying load level.
 I don't see dropping to 275 being a significant efficiency change.

POWER usage on the other hand did change with the clock changes, downclocking WOULD drop the total power used appx. in proportion to the clock rate change.

2TH at 700 watts wouldn't be practical out of an S5 form factor unit, you'd need more chips than you could fit on 3 boards. 1TH at around 350 though I could see happening if Bitmain wanted to do it, 2 strings of 20 chips per board with 3 boards - I'd have to go look up one of my posts in the Gekko BM1384 thread to find the figures I worked out.

my point was i did not expect this this way i did say a while back we might get a S5 + some place but i did not expect it this way . by me saying 700 watts Power use age @2 th, i meant not so much with this chip maybe in a S7 etc in the same style as a s1 s3 s5 if they want to they can do it would take them time but it is poss and remember nothing is impossible.

they dropped a biggie on everyone , not many saw this coming, a few did but not many .

last thought I'l let this go

How much more can they push this die size before going to lets say 22 or even 16 it is very impressive they took it this far .

I'll bet not much more and why we got the S5 + this way to help found the next push.  which imo is a smart move.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1845
Merit: 1052
For sounds I put two of these on top of my S5s so they hang over the fans (push-pull) and they cut down on the sound quite a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y387B4/ref=rr_xsim_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439388990&sr=0

I was able to reduce s-5 sound from 75db to 51 db and still over clock to 1300gh.

I used multiple fans in a push pull method.

This new s-5+/s-6 already has multiple fans in push pull.

I would have really like to use just the center piece  at my friends office.

I wonder if I order a s-5 and an s-5+ on friday from bitmaintech this friday.

If I could pull the left right off the  s-5+ and use the s-5 controller to run them.

Then take the s-5 blades and use them on the s-5+

This would give me a 2550+1150     and a 2550+2550   vs  a 7700 and a 1150

I could manage this better

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
NICEHASH ANTMINER S5 BIOS--

NiceHash has posted an Antminer S5 BIOS in the proper format for flashing from the Antminer web interface. Here is the link:

"https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz"

It has CGminer version 4.9, and this CGminer version is patched for "extranonce subscribe".  This is a useful patch for mining on NiceHash, but I haven't tried it.  I don't know which Antminer firmware version is in this particular BIOS image.

Has anyone tried this BIOS image?         --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
But unless you're on free electric, or something totally insane like 1-2 cents/KWH, .9GH/watt is losing money making those S1s a liability. Well, no longer an asset anyway.

Unless of-course you are solo-mining .... (and hit a block). And again, S1's can be undervolted to more "asset-able" levels too.

Hmm 0.04$*0.15kwh*24hours = 0.144$ per day i believe?
And 140GH gives 0.001358BTC per day or 0.36$ per day.
Either i fucked up my math horribly or i'm still a-ok with cost being at 40% of revenue.

So with pekatete's mentioned re-asset-abled S1, this is about what 1 of them generate for me.

Mines run at 1W/GH~. Maybe more if ran at 130gh though.
Pages:
Jump to: