Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 30. (Read 450941 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Can the hash on the S5 be split 50/50 so it can be shared with two people ?

yes..
set up 2 pools with different usernames, then on the first pools password put --load-balanced. i think or you can try --balanced.

or you can just send half the btc to his account?

also keep in mind power costs money, so anything you do wont be 50/50

I think you are on to something with just one BTC address.   Load balance makes more sense if you were wanting to do some as PPS and some as Solo or something like that.

If you are mining and splitting costs just mine to  one BTC and subtract costs, and divide it into your and his personal BTC address's weekly or so.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

yes..
set up 2 pools with different usernames, then on the first pools password put --load-balanced. i think or you can try --balanced.

or you can just send half the btc to his account?

also keep in mind power costs money, so anything you do wont be 50/50

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

You could try load balancing. But why not just split the payout manually?
I'm not sure how accurate load balancing is on Antminer or even if it works.

load balancing works on s-3's pretty well but certain pools will really fuck you .

It is possible to lose due to errors.

As for s-5's I am not sure.

notice   the workers named      philipma1957.3               philipma1957.4     have    high errors.  I split them  f2pool/cksolopool  and I lost a ton of hash  until I figured the issue out.

So what did you figure out ?

Really need to be able to split hash on the three S5's me and a buddy got.
legendary

Two diff pools, miner bought by two people.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

load balancing works on s-3's pretty well but certain pools will really fuck you .

It is possible to lose due to errors.

As for s-5's I am not sure.

notice   the workers named      philipma1957.3               philipma1957.4     have    high errors.  I split them  f2pool/cksolopool  and I lost a ton of hash  until I figured the issue out.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone will have some input to a problem I just started to have with my S5.

Yesterday I noticed that the red light was on. When I turned it off, I noticed that the unit was extremely overheated. I let it cool, then turned it back on. This is what is going on now.

1. Unit has some trouble connecting at first, but connects and hashes. No Xs.

2. THE BEEPER RINGS NON-STOP!! This is very loud and annoying.

3. The lights in the back blink red and green together, every few seconds.

Can anyone help. I would like to get this thing running safely again and I really don't want to set things on fire.

Beeping and a hot miner usually mean no internet connection.

I just had this earlier today when I got my internet upgraded.  Luckily none of mine were hot but the beeping was sure there.  I would agree on looking at internet.

I actually keep one bitmain miner not in my mining areas so I can hear the beep.  It is a good way of getting my attention if there is a problem.   So I guess I personally like the beeping when needed.
Activity: 868
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone will have some input to a problem I just started to have with my S5.

Yesterday I noticed that the red light was on. When I turned it off, I noticed that the unit was extremely overheated. I let it cool, then turned it back on. This is what is going on now.

Can anyone help. I would like to get this thing running safely again and I really don't want to set things on fire.

Beeping and a hot miner usually mean no internet connection.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I went through the troubleshooting and pulled out 10 S5 Hash Boards and a fan to ship back to BitMain Warranty in China. 

I boxed it all up and went to the local UPS store.  The box was smaller than a single S5 box and did weighed 5.7 pounds.  The price to ship it was $204.00!

I never was able to contact BitMain Warranty in the USA, located at a UPS store.

I was told by UPS that this was the cheapest way to get the box sent to China and be able to have tracking.  I was also told that the size and weight could have been half as much or twice as much, it would not change the cost much.

I hope BitMain treats me right because going through the warranty process is damned time consuming and expensive.  I am wondering if it was worth the effort.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
legendary
Merit: 1068
Hey guys,

Could you also tell us which firmware you're running it on?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

legendary
Activity: 918
There are ways to work not hashing hash boards.Although they solve the problem, you will not be covered with Bitmain warranty.
You are already out of warranty since you have overclocked.I can share the ways to work your miner with minumum possible hash loss.However I do not accept any responsibility at any means if you give hazard to your machince and the surrounding media.

Although what I will share with you is totally free, because of the application risk I will not announce it.If you have got no other solution pls contact me via pm.I will try to help you at my best effort.Pls. note that this must me the very last solution.
legendary
The Antminer S5 has two control ports for each board Move from the outside port to the inside ports. Both boards are independent so you need to figure out what side is the problem.

After you defined the broken board, you can change the cables with the working side with not working one.

Last, if the hash board is broken you have got a problem.There may be a problem with cold soldering and when temperature rises hash board has not functioning chips, this results the whole board not to has (the way chips are connected to each other).
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I have more pools. What would U like to know ? Main is antpool.com, second F2pool.com which is dead and 3rd uk1.ghash.io.

I switched the controlers, so settings are going with controller and mistake stays.

I excluded: PSU, controller board, settings.

So both hashing boards??. Freguency was set to 400M.

Which cables do u mean ?

1. Put frequency at 350

2. Check that the fan is Fan1, not Fan2
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I have more pools. What would U like to know ? Main is antpool.com, second F2pool.com which is dead and 3rd uk1.ghash.io.

I switched the controlers, so settings are going with controller and mistake stays.

I excluded: PSU, controller board, settings.

So both hashing boards??. Freguency was set to 400M.

Which cables do u mean ?
legendary
It is either hash board or the cables.Cross your fingers that the reason is cables.%50 - %50 chance.

Would you inform us if you have 1 pool or more?
I swap controler and installed old fan, but mistake stays.  Angry

Problems with hashing boards ?
legendary
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
All the settings are OK, I have set them again after RESET to defaults.

Numbers under GetWorks and LocalWork are changing in MINER STATUS. Any ideea?

I have 2 S5, I can try to change controler boards and see what happens.

I would recommend swapping controller boards so you can use it as a process of elimination.  It took me less than 5 or 6 minutes to swap them when I determined I had a bad controller.  It's nothing to it.
All the settings are OK, I have set them again after RESET to defaults.

Numbers under GetWorks and LocalWork are changing in MINER STATUS. Any ideea?

I have 2 S5, I can try to change controler boards and see what happens.
Pages:
Jump to: