Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 38. (Read 451011 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

The S5 miner is starting as normal, all Asics are being detected and it has connection to the pool (also tried other pools).
It is powered by an Corsair CX750 PSU (as it has been earlier), but it does not really start hashing.
Could be one of many reasons and there could as well be many ways to resolve.
1. Completely power off the unit, pulling the plug(s) from the wall and leave idle for a few minutes then power up again.
2. If you are powering your unit using 2 PSU's make sure you switch on the PSU powering the board to which the controller is connected first (even better switch both on at the same time).
3. Your PSU may have let go, try powering up using another PSU (if you have one), or switching the PCI-E plugs about. Observe the HW errors ......
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

The S5 miner is starting as normal, all Asics are being detected and it has connection to the pool (also tried other pools).
It is powered by an Corsair CX750 PSU (as it has been earlier), but it does not really start hashing.

Quite a few hardware errors there. Got a different PSU you can test with quickly?
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
You have updated the new firmware? try to return to the previous firmware and it'll work, the latest firmware which issued and shit
Yes, I updated to latest firmware and was facing this problem. Then I returned to the one from April (previous one) but have the same problem. I did not have this before updating to latest FW.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
You have updated the new firmware? try to return to the previous firmware and it'll work, the latest firmware which issued and shit
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Pretty much all PSU have a 12V and a 5V so depending on your fan ...
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Yup those deltas wont work on the controler, but you can connect them directly to the PSU and have them working 100% rpm which is what you want at the end. And that way if pool goes down or internet goes down your device wont be fried...

Sorry for my question, but how can I connect this fan directly to PSU ?
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Yup those deltas wont work on the controler, but you can connect them directly to the PSU and have them working 100% rpm which is what you want at the end. And that way if pool goes down or internet goes down your device wont be fried...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Which fan do u recommend for replacement for cooling S5. Original one has broken down.

I personally like these:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ18UDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

What's difference between Delta TFC1212DE-PWM 120mm x 120mm x 38mm and Delta PFC1212DE-PWM ?

Difference is in Amp's. TFC has 3,9A and PFC has 4,8A.

I connect TFC, beacuse I have made a mistake when ordering. Next fan is working OK, but temperature raises till 80°C and then shutdown. RPM was 0. Then I reboot S5. Now I have RPM displayed but miner is not working ( see picture below ).

Is it dead ? Any solutions ?

Shut it off let it set for at least one hour reset to factory defaults . use the right fan . one works with it one won't i think the TFC1212DE-PWM won't the controller is not powerful enough to power it but there is any other way to use that fan with PWM  .http://www.ebay.com/itm/181694032917?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  but has to powered off the PSU . the Delta PFC1212DE-PWM may not either off the controller . i use these on my s5 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y1HLA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 with the S5 controller and the speed thing im testing out on some old script miners for fun .

This is why niether may not work with the S5 controller. TFC has 3,9A and PFC has 4,8A.  you hit it on the nose .
legendary
I think they should make another batch or two of s5's.

There's probably enough of them still in existence to outstrip the demand as they start coming off the shelves. Not neccesarily just form Bitmain, but all those gen 1 S5s that will start looking for 2nd homes eventually.

True, but my worry is what happens to the Home User /miner once the S3 and S5 are played put . I'm going to buy one or two more s5 now I was waiting to see whats next, if i could afford one of these , i wouldn't buy one due to no place to use it the right way.
Activity: 26
Which fan do u recommend for replacement for cooling S5. Original one has broken down.

I personally like these:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ18UDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

What's difference between Delta TFC1212DE-PWM 120mm x 120mm x 38mm and Delta PFC1212DE-PWM ?

Difference is in Amp's. TFC has 3,9A and PFC has 4,8A.

I connect TFC, beacuse I have made a mistake when ordering. Next fan is working OK, but temperature raises till 80°C and then shutdown. RPM was 0. Then I reboot S5. Now I have RPM displayed but miner is not working ( see picture below ).

http://shrani.si/f/3M/n7/150va9V7/s5.png

Is it dead ? Any solutions ?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi all,
 here some pictures of antminer S5+ , reviews will be coming soon from ITOP Corp

Needs more pci-e connectors...So you tape 3 S5s together and call it a new machine?  Color me unimpressed.  Sidehack got much better efficiency out of these chips; Bitmain isn't even trying.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, the small amount of power savings from running the chip slower doesn't cover the overhead loss by running a 1 chip board.

Sidehack's is ~16.5GH for 1 chip for 1.3A = ~6.5W.
S5+ is 7700GH for 432 chips for 3436W. Removing controller and fans = ~3310W. Removing "at the wall" = 2970W.

sidehack = 16.5GH/chip, 0.39W/GH
S5+        = 17.8GH/chip, 0.39W/GH
legendary
Hi all,

Needs more pci-e connectors...

So you tape 3 S5s together and call it a new machine?  Color me unimpressed.  Sidehack got much better efficiency out of these chips; Bitmain isn't even trying.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

There's probably enough of them still in existence to outstrip the demand as they start coming off the shelves. Not neccesarily just form Bitmain, but all those gen 1 S5s that will start looking for 2nd homes eventually.
legendary
Picts look fake, Bitmain is quiet...  Huh
i got the pict from bitmain official weibo account
here http://weibo.com/bitmain

thats verified account

there are still many people who do not believe in the truth, hehe ...
Bitmain S5 + coming soon ..  Cheesy

won't matter for home users only will work in places with 2 or 3c kwh elec data halls at best and likely like most bitmain products over priced from the get go
and price drops just behind what it is practical to ever make ROI imho

itsn for home user 3kWt, the pricenow drop to 17,200Yuan from 19,000Yuan

Th price of used s5 are drop to 352 USD ( 1.333 BTC )
Still more expensive than batch 4  ($340)

S5 second hand unit from local China. some have very bad experience with second hand unit.
but this only choice for buy this unit a low price Cheesy

it's diff not for the home user at 3k kill o watts or 3400 watts . even if i could a ford it, i wouldn't buy it id have to move my home farm in a building some place close then cost start to really add up . I don't want that hassle or bro, there is the tax man etc right now i pay taxes but the taxes i have to if i start that and other costs no TY .I'm  getting to old for that .
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Hi all,

Welcome antminer S5+  Roll Eyes
legendary
I hope They Don't forget the Home Miner but i saw this coming it had to no freindly visits on the forums any more you call them unless your prepared to pay a lot you get the the go fuck off shoulder , it was just a matter of time i was so hoping they would still sell to the home user but it is now looking like those days are truly ending if bitmain goes the way of big business and forgets the little guy .
Activity: 52
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Picts look fake, Bitmain is quiet...  Huh
i got the pict from bitmain official weibo account
here http://weibo.com/bitmain

thats verified account

there are still many people who do not believe in the truth, hehe ...
Bitmain S5 + coming soon ..  Cheesy

won't matter for home users only will work in places with 2 or 3c kwh elec data halls at best and likely like most bitmain products over priced from the get go
and price drops just behind what it is practical to ever make ROI imho

itsn for home user 3kWt, the pricenow drop to 17,200Yuan from 19,000Yuan

Th price of used s5 are drop to 352 USD ( 1.333 BTC )
Still more expensive than batch 4  ($340)

S5 second hand unit from local China. some have very bad experience with second hand unit.
but this only choice for buy this unit a low price Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: