Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 44. (Read 451032 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
With chained power, more chips per chain = lower voltage = more efficient.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
S5+

432 chips, 7722GH/s, 3436 Wt

Have anyone heard about it?

They look like a lot of fun... :-) They definitively would fit in my factory.

don't work as a home miner thou ..I could run the beast...but at 13c kwh where I'm at according to www.tradeblock.com it would lose money

if you assume 11 BTC for the unit at 300 usd a btc or 3300 usd

7722gh

3436 watts

3300 usd

0 pool fee

13c kwh in my case

just don't float the boat in my view Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
S5+

They look like a lot of fun... :-) They definitively would fit in my factory.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
so instead of working at making it more efficient, they just throw more chips at it and make it more expensive..

yeah no thanks..

it would be very easy of bitmain to make a s3 with  s5 chips that did 500ghs? at half the power of the s3 for us home miners. it would probably be virtually silent too..

Yes but why do that when you can make a unit that maxes out the Gh, run it yourself for a few Months & then sell it on to home miners.

What might be a clever trick would be to design it as a 3 module unit and then sell them on as single module units with a S5 controller board???

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
S5+

so instead of working at making it more efficient, they just throw more chips at it and make it more expensive..

yeah no thanks..

it would be very easy of bitmain to make a s3 with  s5 chips that did 500ghs? at half the power of the s3 for us home miners. it would probably be virtually silent too..

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
It looks like these could be sold as individual units with or without a controller.  I like the design; very modular.
I suspect photoshop at work - the specs match pretty well with a 16 BM1384 per chain unit, and the photoshop appears to have 3 PCI-E connectors per board (if this monster actually existed you COULD use multiple power supplies, no need for a 230V circuit), but I suspect it's not an actual design.

Would have been better to photoshop a 20-per-chain design, much better efficiency at the cost of some hashrate.
 Even 18-per-chain would be a significant efficiency gain, though iffy if it would still be profitable after next summer and block reward halfing.

I would say that from an technical point of view this is far too good for Photoshop, every aspect of it from an electronic perspective makes complete sense. Yes for the home we would rather have seen 17-20 in the string but for a Farm keeping the GH up at the max makes far more sense.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
The worst thing about the monster is that you need to deploy 28 friggen PCI-e connectors.

A 2880w PSU breakout from J4bberwock has at most 20 connectors.

Sidehack's 750w PSU breakout has place for 4, and the DPS2000 breakout has 12.

You could power this monstruosity with a 2880w PSU + 750w, but then you have to find out if this setup can be used with current sharing... omg... this thing is crazy on all levels
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I'd like to see a six-module 3x17 string unit bundled with one of their 1600W PSUs, 4-4.2TH and about 4.5BTC price tag.
legendary

That sound troublesome. These second hands are from Batch 7, it makes me wonder what bugs i'm going to get. =/

From my experience, no new bugs compared to Batch 5 - these appear to BE late Batch 5 units that Bitmain went mining with themselves for a short while.
legendary
I suspect photoshop at work - the specs match pretty well with a 16 BM1384 per chain unit, and the photoshop appears to have 3 PCI-E connectors per board (if this monster actually existed you COULD use multiple power supplies, no need for a 230V circuit), but I suspect it's not an actual design.

Would have been better to photoshop a 20-per-chain design, much better efficiency at the cost of some hashrate.
 Even 18-per-chain would be a significant efficiency gain, though iffy if it would still be profitable after next summer and block reward halfing.

Oddly enough, one shelf of my S5s are set up side-by-side with the pair of power supplies on one end of the shelf (cord length limit to the outlets) which has a superficial resemblence to this monster.
Don't forget the new controller which looks like it has another PCI-e connector... go figure

I think that is because the 6 fans are now powered from the controller board.

Rich
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
Meh, it's only 15A at 240V Cheesy

xD It still just does not make sense. Look at the design. You want that to dissipate 3500 watts of electricity? xD That's like 2 ovens. I don't know, maybe its some 6k rpm fans and the unit would actually come with 6 fans. Maybe it could dissipate all that heat. It just doesn't look like a home miner.

Yeah, it's about equal to two fan heaters in the UK (looks like the same in the US. Highter current). My basement could probably soak that up but that's probably not appropriate for everybody.

WRT the PSU, it looks like nine boards. The docs said not to use more than one PSU per board but presumably you could power say three boards per PSU at ~1200W per. Looks like three connecters per board now though so that will be some wiring to do.

Don't forget the new controller which looks like it has another PCI-e connector... go figure
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
0.45 w/Gh  Not much improvement on S5, so here in UK it would not do well at 2Btc never mind 11Btc

Power consumption of S5 x 6  and output approx S5 x 7
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

xD It still just does not make sense. Look at the design. You want that to dissipate 3500 watts of electricity? xD That's like 2 ovens. I don't know, maybe its some 6k rpm fans and the unit would actually come with 6 fans. Maybe it could dissipate all that heat. It just doesn't look like a home miner.

Yeah, it's about equal to two fan heaters in the UK (looks like the same in the US. Highter current). My basement could probably soak that up but that's probably not appropriate for everybody.

WRT the PSU, it looks like nine boards. The docs said not to use more than one PSU per board but presumably you could power say three boards per PSU at ~1200W per. Looks like three connecters per board now though so that will be some wiring to do.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Where do the specs cited come from? That's not what one would expect from Bitmain. Unless they are giving up their small form factor for more big mine oriented ASIC. That would further favor hash centralization however...

why would you see a 7 to 8Th/s rig as oriented to the big miners / farms given the growing network hash speed? I actually think it brings the home miner back into the game, and the form-factor is only 3x that of the S5 (at tiwce what you'd get from 3 S5's in hash-speed).

Problem is, most home miners are Watt limited, not space limited... this purported new S5+ miner doesn't make sense.... unless the SqFt of housing is WAY higher than the USD/(KW/h * 720h) then it plainly doesn't makes sense.

Because that machine would not be be favorable to 110v 15a setup from over here. It favor 230v and centralized power for high output farms. The wattage is insane and the efficiency seem to be on par with current S5 chips, so it just seem like 3 unit stuck together.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
Where do the specs cited come from? That's not what one would expect from Bitmain. Unless they are giving up their small form factor for more big mine oriented ASIC. That would further favor hash centralization however...

why would you see a 7 to 8Th/s rig as oriented to the big miners / farms given the growing network hash speed? I actually think it brings the home miner back into the game, and the form-factor is only 3x that of the S5 (at tiwce what you'd get from 3 S5's in hash-speed).

Problem is, most home miners are Watt limited, not space limited... this purported new S5+ miner doesn't make sense.... unless the SqFt of housing is WAY higher than the USD/(KW/h * 720h) then it plainly doesn't makes sense.
Activity: 518

Pages:
Jump to: