Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 47. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
All the VC in the world won't help if KnC loses out big enough in the courts. VC firms might be more willing to take risks than most investors, but even they have limits....
legendary
I'm pretty sure BitFury has been rolling out their "next generation" for a few months now - but they don't sell to end users any more, just to megafarms like MegaBigPower, so it's hard to judge.

I'm also 100% SURE Bitmain is rolling out their next generation into their own farm, given their sail of OFFICIALLY "Used" S5 units.

KnC has supposedly been deployiing their new Solar 16nm stuff for a few months now, but with the massive lawsuit issues and their not selling to end users any more, dunno if they're going to be around in 2 years (and dunno who will end up with their gear if they DO go under - assuming it's still working by then. Their track record on reliability is BAD).

Avalon? No clue, but no announcements yet even of tapeout.

Innosillicon? Claims tape-out on their next generation but not production yet.

SFARDS? Apparently not in high volume production yet, might be having yield issues - though the tech they're using is more proven than any of the 14/16nm options.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Antpool is shrinking in last few days.  I wonder if next gen miners will be coming online soon.

net hashrate has been steadily increasing, so something new is coming online.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Antpool is shrinking in last few days.  I wonder if next gen miners will be coming online soon.
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Yup Deltas keep them ql all the time.
legendary
People complain about the 4000RPM "stock S5 fan" being loud - but that 5500RPM version should be good for COOL.

8-)
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Which fan do u recommend for replacement for cooling S5. Original one has broken down.

I personally like these:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ18UDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

How do U attach that one to S5 ? Do you remove casing ?

Yes, the casing is removed.  And this fan is RPM controllable.  I'm not sure why the casing is on there.  I'm not familiar with any setup that would use the fan with this casing.  For all I know, it may just be to protect the fan during shipping.

By the way...  I've bought over a dozen of these fans from this seller on Amazon.  They are a good seller.  Free Shipping for that fan as well.

I use them in S4's, S3's and S5's.  I bought more of them to replace factory fans in the SP20's as well.  Of course, I had to buy a different connector to be able to connect this particular fan to the connector in the SP20's...  http://www.ebay.com/itm/161350482183?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Which fan do u recommend for replacement for cooling S5. Original one has broken down.

I personally like these:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ18UDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

How do U attach that one to S5 ? Do you remove casing ?
Maybe any link or type of fan. Must be RPM controlable ?

Any link would be useful. Tnx in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
legendary
Anything in the 200ish CFM range should work, perhaps down to 150CFM for quieter at the cost of running a little warmer.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
In regards to cleaning, the debris was caked on, so an alcohol solution was needed and wiped each blade.  Took about 20 minutes or so but they are nice and shiny now.
Didn't mess with the thermal paste.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
if your DHGate store didn't keep refusing my VALID credit card

DHGate isn't Bitmain, its an online marketplace like Amazon or ebay. If your credit card is failing, then your card company is rejecting the transaction.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
I like it bigger and meaner... this is my tool of the trade:

And for the home miners, a good ole' electrolux vacuum
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

I got one of these a few years back; as powerful as an air compressor, but way more portable and no waiting for a tank to fill. 

Makes me wonder how much BTC is wasted on compressed air cans.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Cleaning the heat-sinks are no easy task either.

Real miners have compressors for that purpose - you need to blow all dead critters from those heatsinks and fans once in a while anyway, at least before selling them on eBay Grin

I've seen a pressure washer used once too although I wouldn't recommend that.

But receiving dirty "new" equipment if effing annoying, I agree with that part.

have compressor clean of my s5(about 5 bar), dust, insect and friend went away but stain still there.
seller has to do more effort to make it look like new, if used.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Real miners have compressors for that purpose - you need to blow all dead critters from those heatsinks and fans once in a while anyway, at least before selling them on eBay Grin

I've seen a pressure washer used once too although I wouldn't recommend that.

But receiving dirty "new" equipment if effing annoying, I agree with that part.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Also received some obviously used S5 units about a month and half ago.  They are at least performing at their rated hash rate, but still should be listed at the very least "used".
One very early batch I ordered when S5 was first sold, run around 10c cooler in the exact same environment, and have less dust on them than the "new" ones ordered.  No cleaning have been done to them either.

Did you just clean heat sinks or repasting to?    Cleaning heat sinks is not terrible in itself.

But after working on a C1 and 4 boards with I can say thermal paste is a lot of work.  If you clean it properly and then do new paste just takes a long time.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
The normal English definition don't always apply within the realm of Bitcoin. "New" doesn't mean unused. It probably means not previously sold, and comes with a warranty. "Pre-order" sometimes means you have invested in the company. It doesn't always mean you are a customer. It might also mean "you are a fool".
Pages:
Jump to: