Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 48. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Also received some obviously used S5 units about a month and half ago.  They are at least performing at their rated hash rate, but still should be listed at the very least "used".
Cleaning the heat-sinks are no easy task either.
One very early batch I ordered when S5 was first sold, run around 10c cooler in the exact same environment, and have less dust on them than the "new" ones ordered.  No cleaning have been done to them either.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Talk about signature campaign spam and necro posting ....

If any rig is twice as fast as another, not only that, but uses half the energy to deliver that hash rate compared to the other, then it is as clear as daylight that it has to be, arguably, twice as expensive, if not more.

EDIT: And no, I refuse to feed the troll.

If they were released at the same time... then yes it would be true.  It was mentioned "Very last S3+ (brand new) they were selling for around 200USD" so it's been quite a while since there were brand new S3+.  So I'm assuming were talking about two different points in time.

I could be wrong but I don't think S3+ and S5 were selling at same time.  So variables such as difficulty among other things is a factor.  (Not sure on S3++ it might have been selling at same time as S5).

S3++ was S3 + that i remeber was not Smiley but I don't think bitmain ever sold any S3++ to the gen public you had to catch those on a ebay sells and had to notice it .
legendary
Activity: 1456

If any rig is twice as fast as another, not only that, but uses half the energy to deliver that hash rate compared to the other, then it is as clear as daylight that it has to be, arguably, twice as expensive, if not more.

If they were released at the same time... then yes it would be true.  It was mentioned "Very last S3+ (brand new) they were selling for around 200USD" so it's been quite a while since there were brand new S3+.  So I'm assuming were talking about two different points in time.

I could be wrong but I don't think S3+ and S5 were selling at same time.  So variables such as difficulty among other things is a factor.  (Not sure on S3++ it might have been selling at same time as S5).

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

legendary
It could pad the margins, though.
margins? Very last S3+ (brand new) they were selling for around 200USD and S5s is much cheaper in production

yes but the s5 is twice as fast and uses half the power.. so that means its worth twice as much. :/

I don't know if I go with the logic on this. It also depends on hashrate of network when you get the product.

Twice as fast with more energy savings does not always equal worth twice as much.  There are a LOT of variables.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
margins? Very last S3+ (brand new) they were selling for around 200USD and S5s is much cheaper in production

yes but the s5 is twice as fast and uses half the power.. so that means its worth twice as much. :/
legendary
Just unboxed a couple S5's I bought a while back and found one of them had obviously been used excessively.  It has soot all over the heatsink.  I have submitted a WTF email to Bitmain...I guess they really are going downhill Sad
https://i.imgur.com/HFtddQ7.jpg
Let us know how it goes!  That was not the "2nd hand" unit was it?  
It was still a batch that showed new right?
Bitmain has been doing this for quite some time now - Passing off obviously used and dirty units as "brand new". I've received dirty and used "brand new units" myself.

It had been a while since the last "batch" of miners so they were plugged in for quite a bit compared to earlier batches I think.    The raising of prices made less sells I think and then the batch kept lasting.

And I do give them credit to mark these right now as 2nd hand.   They have all been run in a data center for a while, so the status change of new was the right thing to do.

I'm not unrealistic I know they need to be running and cant sit in a box.  But I like the more honest status change.
legendary
Used miner purchases will receive coupons towards new miner purchases

Although this current batch of Antminer S5 listed for sale are used units, Bitmain performs quality control testing on every machine to ensure that it is in proper working order before shipping to consumers.

These machines have only been running for about 40 days in our farm, so there should not be a significant impact on the performance or the total life of the machines.

Bitmain would like to offer coupons to customers who bought S4+ or S5 recently to be used towards the future purchase of our next generation of mining machine.

At this time, we are unable to provide detailed information on the new machines or the size of the coupons, but please expect an official announcement in the near future.

This is the Bitmain we all know !!!

TY for letting us know i was getting worried .I mean that.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Just unboxed a couple S5's I bought a while back and found one of them had obviously been used excessively.  It has soot all over the heatsink.  I have submitted a WTF email to Bitmain...I guess they really are going downhill Sad
https://i.imgur.com/HFtddQ7.jpg
Let us know how it goes!  That was not the "2nd hand" unit was it?  
Bitmain has been doing this for quite some time now - Passing off obviously used and dirty units as "brand new". I've received dirty and used "brand new units" myself.
legendary

to bad to they did a really nice job on that site it looks so real.

48 dollars for a S3 lol .
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 868
Mine have been running solid for 7 months, they are not as dirty as that picture.
legendary
Just unboxed a couple S5's I bought a while back and found one of them had obviously been used excessively.  It has soot all over the heatsink.  I have submitted a WTF email to Bitmain...I guess they really are going downhill Sad

Let us know how it goes!  That was not the "2nd hand" unit was it? 

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
These machines have only been running for about 40 days in our farm,

Just as I speculated, about long enough for manufacturer to ROI the machine.  Nice business model, they basically get paid twice for each machine.

Thank you for stating it publicly, now if only you'd price them to reflect their used nature!

in 40 days S5 produces just ~$130 minus electricity (has to be at least $18.48 if the cost is 3c/kwh), so no more than $110 produced.

And if they get 110 usd in coin before they pack it. Then charge 10 usd extra for shipping
By this charge 50 to ship when they pay 40 to ship.

they are 120 plus 410 which is 530 per machine. The most an s-5 cost to build is 200 usd so an easy 330 profit.

Now I want them to do well. Why? I think they can sell the s-5 for 250 plus shipping and I think it is a bad idea to do it. I think selling low will make  make btc drop under 200. Usd
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Just unboxed a couple S5's I bought a while back and found one of them had obviously been used excessively.  It has soot all over the heatsink.  I have submitted a WTF email to Bitmain...I guess they really are going downhill Sad

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078

Just as I speculated, about long enough for manufacturer to ROI the machine.  Nice business model, they basically get paid twice for each machine.

Thank you for stating it publicly, now if only you'd price them to reflect their used nature!

in 40 days S5 produces just ~$130 minus electricity (has to be at least $18.48 if the cost is 3c/kwh), so no more than $110 produced.
legendary

Just as I speculated, about long enough for manufacturer to ROI the machine.  Nice business model, they basically get paid twice for each machine.

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
[...]
I think second hand is very fair term, and they have now done a great job explaining it.

The only gripe i have with the "Second Hand" fact, is that to receive the goods in my country without paying stupid amounts to DHL i have to add 2 weeks to the shipment... and their warranty is 4 weeks... hope there's no issue with the miners, if so i will have a VERY narrow window to use that warranty (not that i have had to do it, in the past all my miners have run without a hitch, off course, with some maintenance and regular cleaning).

You can't really blame Bitmain on any of that.    That is something you need to complain to your country about, I agree it's not fair some pay insane import tax (I'm guessing that is part of the dhl).    But Bitmain did not make that rule.

I have had good luck as far as Bitmain to US.  Always quick and never had a problem.

Yeah, but usual "refurbished" products (which you could label as lower quality than these good operating units) have 90 days warranty. Not that i'm complaining, luckily Bitmain is the only manufacturer that is "kind" enough to sell to us mere mortals, and their gear is top notch if not for certain bugs here and there (usual for ANY tech company, i have a Samsung TV that hangs on certain conditions, and they haven't issued a fixed firmware since 5 years ago, go figure).
legendary
[...]
I think second hand is very fair term, and they have now done a great job explaining it.

The only gripe i have with the "Second Hand" fact, is that to receive the goods in my country without paying stupid amounts to DHL i have to add 2 weeks to the shipment... and their warranty is 4 weeks... hope there's no issue with the miners, if so i will have a VERY narrow window to use that warranty (not that i have had to do it, in the past all my miners have run without a hitch, off course, with some maintenance and regular cleaning).

You can't really blame Bitmain on any of that.    That is something you need to complain to your country about, I agree it's not fair some pay insane import tax (I'm guessing that is part of the dhl).    But Bitmain did not make that rule.

I have had good luck as far as Bitmain to US.  Always quick and never had a problem.

U.S. may not be far behind, there are talks about adding an import tax for goods with the 2017 tax reform.  I guess buy all your miners now.

Ehhh there are always talks about almost everything.  I don't think we will be getting one in US anytime soon.

But I could be wrong.   Anways it's falling off topic back to S5's Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: