Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 45. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i would call it s6x2 Grin
i'd buy 3 pieces!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Where do the specs cited come from? That's not what one would expect from Bitmain. Unless they are giving up their small form factor for more big mine oriented ASIC. That would further favor hash centralization however...
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Shocked  3436w is way to much for home mining. But 7th is awesome!  Grin

That 3436W is just perfect for me.Got 230v/16A  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
 Shocked  3436w is way to much for home mining. But 7th is awesome!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

If you have other S5's connected and running without issue then you are right to suggest an internet issue can not cause your S5's to become unresponsive, however, having run a few S5's in my time, I know an internet outage CAN cause all sorts of issues with S5's, including (but by no means limited to) becoming un-responsive.

It's down to you whether you explore that or not, but the dual incidence of your S5's failure to connect @6AM on consecutive days is too much of a coincidence to rule out internet failure (maybe running your node ran got you over your broadband allowance / fair usage threshhold and your ISP is reseting the connection at 6AM ...?).

You asked the question, and you got a legitimate answer.

Sorry if I appeared snappy, I am open to discussion.

In actual fact, I wasn't running any nodes last night. I had stopped the one I had been running to rsync the blockchain to another device.

If the S5 genuinely can go down if connection to the internet is lost, I can accept that (though it would be annoying), just looking to get it down to something solid.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I wanna buy one . the setup need a pro guy or it's easy ?

I want to subtract it  of three parts, and put to work with S5 controllers each part separately.

it is possible to also add water cooling. Winter is not far away.

How long do i need to return total investment ?
Activity: 518
I've had a bit of an issue the last couple of days and I'm hoping to nip it in the bud...

By process of simple elimination, I'd say the issue is with your internet connection.
It may be that it is reset at 6am every morning (of late) for some reason, and could that also explain the issues you had with your local P2Pool node?

The only issue with the p2pool really was that it caused high pings for an online game. I don't see how an internet issue would cause the miner to become unresponsive on the local network either.

If you have other S5's connected and running without issue then you are right to suggest an internet issue can not cause your S5's to become unresponsive, however, having run a few S5's in my time, I know an internet outage CAN cause all sorts of issues with S5's, including (but by no means limited to) becoming un-responsive.

It's down to you whether you explore that or not, but the dual incidence of your S5's failure to connect @6AM on consecutive days is too much of a coincidence to rule out internet failure (maybe running your node ran got you over your broadband allowance / fair usage threshhold and your ISP is reseting the connection at 6AM ...?).

You asked the question, and you got a legitimate answer.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I want to subtract it  of three parts, and put to work with S5 controllers each part separately.

it is possible to also add water cooling. Winter is not far away.
legendary
I've had a bit of an issue the last couple of days and I'm hoping to nip it in the bud...

By process of simple elimination, I'd say the issue is with your internet connection.
It may be that it is reset at 6am every morning (of late) for some reason, and could that also explain the issues you had with your local P2Pool node?

The only issue with the p2pool really was that it caused high pings for an online game. I don't see how an internet issue would cause the miner to become unresponsive on the local network either.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

legendary

On Wednesday, I switched to p2pool on a local node and switched it into my #1 position. Hashing seemed to be going OK but on Thursday in the day, I noticed my miner was no longer reachable (no ping, my router showed that port as not connected). Checking the p2pool graph showed that the miner had stopped hashing at 6am. I had someone at home restart it and hashing continued. However, p2pool was adversely affecting my internet connection so I shut it down, allowing the miner to fall back to antpool. I checked it was hashing on the pool and thought no more of it.

This morning, I was woken by a beeping sound at 6am. Could this be a recurring problem? Has anyone heard of this before? It just seems odd that the times are the same.

A few more relevant details:

• Other than this, the miner has been hashing for over a week with no issues.
  • p2pool was not running this morning so it should have just been failing to connect and falling back to antpool
  • Miner did not seem especially hot this morning
    • I moved the miner yesterday evening to a different room so it should not be location dependent. The new area should actually be cooler (currently running at 52 and 45).
    • Not sure of the firmware version but kernel is 3.8.13 and cgminer is 4.8.0, Hardware is 3.4.3.0

So just a coincidence or something else?
Activity: 588
So looking at the board layout & doing a bit of maths. It looks like they have changed the chain layout of the S5 which was.

A string of 15 Chip Pairs / board, total 30 chips. Giving  577 GH / Board @ a calculated 0.8V Core Voltage (Actual Core voltage will be a bit less than this) GH/chip 19.25

And the S5+ which has

A string of 16 Chip Triples / board, total 48 chips. Giving  858 GH / Board @ a calculated 0.75V Core Voltage. GH/chip 17.875

So they have dropped the core voltage and GH/ Chip slightly.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
S5+
432 chips, 7722GH/s, 3436 Wt !!!
I'm with RichBC. I'd be interested in a single 3 PCB unit running on 120V.
Activity: 588
Wow that is a beast... Yes the server PSU's are perfect as they are designed to be connected in parallel and load share well. I hope they ship them with ear defenders.  Smiley

Seeing the construction makes you wonder if they will release a single unit with 3 PCB, would still be an impressive 2574GH

Rich
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Good lord, definitely not targeting the hobby miner with that beast - where did you find it out about it?

Somehow our merchant adv shared this information before I found it here, on Bitcointalk...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Finally a new kid on "the public block".
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Going by bitmain standards, if that thing is published, it will cost around 11 Bitcoins.

Also, powering isn't a problem, remember you can always chain server PSUs Wink
Agree, getting a PSU for that is going to be tricky (and I would not want to rely on bitmain made PSU's ...). And the fans look less than the "standard" 38mm's ... so maybe being targeted at hobby miners ... but then any peace and quiet will certainly be shattered by the PSU fans ... Oh well.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
Good lord, definitely not targeting the hobby miner with that beast - where did you find it out about it?  At 240v that thing is going to be pulling down almost 15 amps, plus even those beast 2880w IBM server PSU aren't enough to power this... Power consumption is slightly better, 0.44w/GH instead of 0.51w/GH of the S5, but I that has to be a prototype case setup - I would imagine this is going into a rack mount case of some sort - but you never know with Bitmain!  Wink  It looks like they've got push and pull fans on it - and this also matches that the latest S5 firmware lists 6 fans on it's display....  I wonder what it's going to cost?
Pages:
Jump to: