Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 59. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
[..]
Let's say that I did purchase one, however.  At the current network difficulty and BTC exchange rate, that S5 would expect to make ~$3.25 a day before power costs.  ROI would be ~123 days.  Using a very conservative network difficulty adjustment value of 2%, we're up to ~136 days.  That right there should have convinced me not to purchase one in the first place... and I assumed free power in my numbers.

That's lack of enterpreneurism...

Common business reaches ROI 2-3 years after initial investment.

We were (are?) seeing month-scale ROIs because of the highly speculative price of bitcoin.

If (when) bitcoin becomes more mainstream, expect ROI in a year or two... not less

Disagree, but only by time frame ROI will be 8 months not 12 to 24 for 8 cent power.

60, 90, 120 days for ROI is pretty much over.

I have higher power cost then many  So ROI will be a year for me.
 When I buy I time for my winter power price  which is 10 cents net.

I  Like to mine from October  1 to March 31 then sell off the gear.

Aside for above.

Bitmaintech has not been the supervillian people make them out to be I know many people hate on them.

In fact I have decided to hold off on my s-5 is it working or dead thread.
I did one for the sp20 and that gear looks to be over 92% alive according to info on more then 300 pieces of gear.
I read this thread and I see a  lot of angry people. I do not want to open a thread on it works or it is dead and have to edit hundreds of complaints due to the hate against them.
I would like to do it with the s-5 maybe I will start it this week.

Ive hit RoI with all my S5 i bought in Jan this year. but back then i got them all for around the Xmass price and just got two more one didn't work but i was able to fix it and its still hashing a way at any speed i use in a safe range the other one was just a give me that was kind of a replacement for but it stopped a week after i got it but it was free so no complaints other then what bitmain did in price for parts , im over it now . no there not supervillian that's business and how it is.if they wanted to and could have from the start and still sold them but they looked out for us charge right off the bat 800 per miner . id look at it that way .
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
At what price point would you buy one?
At what price would you buy one ?
That's a reasonably accurate repeat of my question.

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.
Cool (pun intended).  If you have a donation address, should drop it in your blog post Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi,

With the summer hotness I was tired of continuously adjusting my S5 frequency, so I decided myself to dive into shell coding and wrote a small script to do it automatically.

I'm pretty happy with what I got: every 20 minutes the script checks the temp sensors, increase or decrease the frequency and restarts cgminer. Thus I keep the temp between 58 and 62 °C at all time.

If you're interested you can download the script on github: https://github.com/kmitz/Regul
  Installation notes are on my blog: https://jomcflyatwork.wordpress.com/

You can ask me questions in this thread or PM me for help.

Cheers!

NB: If you worry about my script stealing all your coins, just check the script, it's only 40 lines and very straightforward:
1)read temp
2)write new frequency in /config/cgminer.conf
3)restart cgminer
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
hmmm, Lets see how the cards play out when BITMAIN comes out with the so called S6 or S7 meltdown miners.

I don't think we are going to see a firmware fix for the meltdown problem on the S5 because its impossible its a hardware issue can not be fixed by re-writing firmware so your fucked !!!!

I understand that you are angry, but at some point it just turns into trolling. Take a breather. You're allowed to have an angry thought without posting it.
hmmm, Lets see how the cards play out when BITMAIN comes out with the so called S6 or S7 meltdown miners.

I don't think we are going to see a firmware fix for the meltdown problem on the S5 because its impossible its a hardware issue can not be fixed by re-writing firmware so your fucked !!!!

legendary
I wouldn't, simply because the next generation is around the corner.

Let's say that I did purchase one, however.  At the current network difficulty and BTC exchange rate, that S5 would expect to make ~$3.25 a day before power costs.  ROI would be ~123 days.  Using a very conservative network difficulty adjustment value of 2%, we're up to ~136 days.  That right there should have convinced me not to purchase one in the first place... and I assumed free power in my numbers.

Is this something we know?

I've seen a lot of speculation and hearsay, but have we gotten a confirmation of this like we did with the S5?
legendary
[..]

We were (are?) seeing month-scale ROIs because of the highly speculative price of bitcoin.

If (when) bitcoin becomes more mainstream, expect ROI in a year or two... not less

Disagree, but only by time frame ROI will be 8 months not 12 to 24 for 8 cent power.

Aside for above.

Bitmaintech has not been the supervillian people make them out to be I know many people hate on them.

I did one for the sp20 and that gear looks to be over 92% alive according to info on more then 300 pieces of gear.
I read this thread and I see a  lot of angry people. I do not want to open a thread on it works or it is dead and have to edit hundreds of complaints due to the hate against them.

I'm sure you can get help with moderating if you ask for it.
Activity: 518
At the current $399 price, the S5 is $0.346/GH at stock freq (or $0.381/GH at $439) - not too far off the advertised but either way not what it says (anymore) in the thread title.
PS. Is having a signature campaign qualification to post irrelevant rebutals (verging on spam)?
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
[..]

Aside for above.

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
[..]

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I wouldn't, simply because the next generation is around the corner.

Activity: 518

I paid way less than that and got free shipping.

Yep I agree .... I paid a total of BTC 1.1 (that's including shipping) for my first one (after applying a voucher I got from no other than dog1965 !). And remember those earlier batches were regarded as price skimming ...... so what would you call the latterday pricing on the extended batch 5 if not a price rip-off?
At the time I posted it the price was $439.00.  I checked. Duh!
I was referring to your highly doubting of the price coming back down, and pointing out that it did.

At least they made a move in the right direction.  Thanks Bitmain.
The right direction?  At what price point would you buy one?

FUN > ROI
At the time I posted it the price was $439.00.  I checked. Duh!
I was referring to your highly doubting of the price coming back down, and pointing out that it did.

At least they made a move in the right direction.  Thanks Bitmain.
The right direction?  At what price point would you buy one?
AND AGAIN IF BTC KEEPS GOING DOWN LETS SEE BITMAIN'S PRICE DROP WITH IT JUST AS FAST !

I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT IT !
Price:       399 USD ( 1.395 BTC ) ?

AT THE TIME I POSTED IT THE PRICE WAS $439.00 I CHECKED DUH !

AT LEAST THEY MADE A MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANKS BITMAIN.

FUN > ROI
AND AGAIN IF BTC KEEPS GOING DOWN LETS SEE BITMAIN'S PRICE DROP WITH IT JUST AS FAST !

I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT IT !
Price:       399 USD ( 1.395 BTC ) ?
439 USD ( 1.546 BTC )

LOL, they RAISED the price to keep the usd at 439..

i paid less than that for my s5 shipped.. :/

I paid way less than that and got free shipping.

Bitmain your a bunch of money USD hungry scumbags.

I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT IT !

AT ONE TIME THEY USE TO BUT NOT ANYMORE THERE CROOKS !

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
 439 USD ( 1.546 BTC )

LOL, they RAISED the price to keep the usd at 439..

i paid less than that for my s5 shipped.. :/

okay BITMAIN now that BTC dropped back down to $285 USD from $310 USD less see you take off $25 USD on the price !

Nah you guys are to busy milking the cow and taking people's money.

nothing new on your site. Not so much as even new firmware that's not full of bugs for the MELTDOWN S5 SERIES MINER !

And only god knows when we will see any hardware upgrades or new miners with low power chips like the S6 OR S7 WILL THAT BE MELTDOWN SERIES TO !

You guys don't even update postings on twitter !

I highly doubt there is a fix for the S5 firmware that sends it into meltdown because you guys already know its a hardware bug and cant be fixed !!!!

Pages:
Jump to: