Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 60. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bitcoin just went up to $310.00 USD at the time of this posting if it stays locked in or goes higher I give SHITMAIN less then 24 hours before they raise the price on that piece of crap S5 that melts down when you lose the internet connection. I think its not a bug they made it this way on purpose so all you suckers buy A new one.

Loving the irony of your trollposts getting this post to the top of the Mining > Hardware subforum, thus increasing Bitmain exposure.

The only problem is your the real troll do you go over all the forums with nothing better to do with your life then troll.

your the real troll.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
bitmain i could understand raise in price, but at least give us back free shipping Wink

Its not 'free' shipping, you'd be paying for it in the price. You're also then subsidising shipping costs to the places where it costs 3x more than the US.

Are you saying US pays more then cost on shipping?   And this extra is used to go to customers with higher shipping costs?

How much extra are they charging for example on S5?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
I ordered my 100th s5 when the price was at $299.  I wish I would have ordered them sooner but am glad I got them ordered before the price got really crazy.  My plan is to sit back, mine bitcoin, and wait to see what happens with the s7.  Probably will not buy one of the first ones but wait until the initial price goes down.  Hanging onto coin is not a bad thing right now.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Bitcoin just went up to $310.00 USD at the time of this posting if it stays locked in or goes higher I give SHITMAIN less then 24 hours before they raise the price on that piece of crap S5 that melts down when you lose the internet connection. I think its not a bug they made it this way on purpose so all you suckers buy A new one.

Loving the irony of your trollposts getting this post to the top of the Mining > Hardware subforum, thus increasing Bitmain exposure.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
bitmain i could understand raise in price, but at least give us back free shipping Wink

Its not 'free' shipping, you'd be paying for it in the price. You're also then subsidising shipping costs to the places where it costs 3x more than the US.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

legendary
So I downloaded the firmware from the 3rd party at Nicehash and am trying to see how to install it. I see on the site that it says:

Instructions how to replace stock AntMiner cgminer binary are included in the zip packages as README file.

So where is the README file? It was not in the zip file.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic

You install it just like any official firmware.  And there is the same risks of possibly bricking it if something happens during flash. 

This shows how to flash a new firmware - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
So I downloaded the firmware from the 3rd party at Nicehash and am trying to see how to install it. I see on the site that it says:

Instructions how to replace stock AntMiner cgminer binary are included in the zip packages as README file.

So where is the README file? It was not in the zip file.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Lets take a bet on when SHITMAIN will raise it again.

I bet you (and I know their last one was less than a day ago), but if the BTC rate hovers over $300 and looks like holding there, then there will be another price hike today.

Its called "preparing the field" for the next crop of S7

If you can push up the price of the old hardware, then you can "Justify" the massive cost of the "next Product"

My forecast fwifw:-   The  S7 will enter at $700 (3BTC) and the S5 will drop to $300

It most likely is the case that the S7 is on the horizon. I for one am out of this game for a while purely on the pricing, and seeing bitmain control the market to the extent of being able to dictate competitors' pricing, I may be out for a while yet. If however you are right and the S5 drops to (what now is 1BTC) on the S7's release, dependent on the effect the release has on the BTC rate, I may be back in sooner with the S5 or SF100 (certainly not the S7).
You need to get off that fence ...... it must hurt after a while!
I'm not on either side of the fence.   So I do not feel hurt.
If you are not on either side of the fence, by definition you are bang on the fence (and after a while, it must hurt)!
The fence definition is a stupid one. You are using it to troll and stir up this thread even more.  

I concur this may be getting a touch off-topic, but the fence definition is spot on in any language culture you choose to define it, and you are sat right on top of it (thus it must hurt after a while so get off it!).
Activity: 868

I bet you (and I know their last one was less than a day ago), but if the BTC rate hovers over $300 and looks like holding there, then there will be another price hike today.

Its called "preparing the field" for the next crop of S7

If you can push up the price of the old hardware, then you can "Justify" the massive cost of the "next Product"

My forecast fwifw:-   The  S7 will enter at $700 (3BTC) and the S5 will drop to $300
legendary
And price is now: Price:       439 USD ( 1.474 BTC )    

Up almost 100 dollars within a week.  Yikes Sad  Hope this means we will continue to see lots of btc rising in value.

*Also I should say for lack of a better term "I have no dog in this fight".  I'm not here to lecture Bitmain on how to price items, or start argument.  Just stating how it did go up to document price as of right now.

I'm not on either side of the fence.   So I do not feel hurt.

I speak with  my money.  So this happens when I purchase new hardware.   

If you are not on either side of the fence, by definition you are bang on the fence (and after a while, it must hurt)!
Also I believe you'll find that you speak just as loud with your money if you purchase old hardware ..... but I stand to be corrected on that last one.

This is my last comment I don't want to get trolled.  And you are pushing it off topic.

I on almost all gear have bought new so yes I spoke with my money to many manufactures.  Yes Bitmain is one of them, yes on multiple models.

The fence definition is a stupid one. You are using it to troll and stir up this thread even more.   

Up almost 100 dollars within a week.  Yikes Sad  Hope this means we will continue to see lots of btc rising in value.

*Also I should say for lack of a better term "I have no dog in this fight".  I'm not here to lecture Bitmain on how to price items, or start argument.  Just stating how it did go up to document price as of right now.

Also I believe you'll find that you speak just as loud with your money if you purchase old hardware ..... but I stand to be corrected on that last one.
legendary

Tell me... what other miner can you buy that reaches might ROI under a year?
FTFY.

If your electricity costs can't let you ROI under a year, blame your utility company, not the device manufacturer.

We do not all have the benefit of living in a despotic banana republic where energy costs to the consumer are no where near the cost of energy production. I am also pretty sure the uptake of bitcoin (or crypto-currencies) in such countries is no where near to that in the countries that have utility companies supplying energy at realistic market values ..... I think that alone qualifies any so called whining (let alone that this is a public forum).
Activity: 672
March 21st was the cheapest for S5 Batch 5 in archive.org for both USD and BTC at $340
it was $310 for couple of days/hours:

Code:
Date 2015-01-22 01:32:51      [15% Discount Off] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 4 × 1 310 USD ( 1.369 BTC )

Pages:
Jump to: