Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 56. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

Please wait the official announcement for any new hardware.

At the moment, U3 is the only miners in stock

A picture says a thousand words ..... button for S5 is active, ditto the price hike

The S4+ is still sold out.  Guess they found some more S5's.  Interesting post shows a disconnect somewhere in communication.   

Did not expect to see more S5's after post.  Maybe they will post to explain?   
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

A picture says a thousand words ..... button for S5 is active, ditto the price hike

legendary
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

Wow all the spam made this hard to see so quoting it.  This is big news, guess we will see whats to come Smiley.

Hopes are up now Smiley
legendary
what I really hate is troll answers the one's that just make no sense. and people that ass kissers.

It's just getting to a trolling and spam point.  We get that some S5's have had serious serious problem burnning.  We understand this no amount of pics, posts,  etc will push it anymore.

I still say it's a percentage of them.  I have had my batch 1 with original firmware without internet at times and never have burned itself up.  So most likely it's some effected not all, if all we would see a LOT more likely.  I think you underestimate how many S5's are out there in the wild.

Start a thread somewhere.  Tell all you want about this.  Just don't keep using this hardware thread multiple times a day to be a troll.  It does not make Bitmain look bad, just yourself.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
what I really hate is troll answers the one's that just make no sense. and people that ass kissers.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Ah about time they answered !
Ok, seriously, dude. You're at a 9/10 right now on the irritation scale.

Gonna need you at around a 2 please.

We get it. You really REALLY don't like Bitmain.
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

Ah about time they answered !

When is that coming 2115 !
Wow dog! Amazing idea! an "S5 Fallout 4" Edition: Buy 4 S5, get 1 copy of Fallout 4.

I bet that's very gratifying for you.

Oh by the way I was referring to your miners when I put together those Pictures.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
S5 is sold out...
S4+ is sold out...

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Wow dog! Amazing idea! an "S5 Fallout 4" Edition: Buy 4 S5, get 1 copy of Fallout 4.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Activity: 265
Here we go again the antminer s5 buy button greyed out then worked again and now its greyed out again at the time of this post. I hope they will put up S7 or s6 that would be great. one that's works well and is not a S7 meltdown series. We will Just have to wait and see.

Something going on.Now S4+ button is also grey...
Lets be real here, you mean you have not have had the internet connection go out on all of them YET. And I highly doubt you have thoroughly tested all of them.

Dog... c'mon... you said it some posts back, i live in a "banana" republic... do you really think i have 100% uptime on my internet service on this country?

I never said you live in a Banana republic those are your words not mine. And I was talking about the "S5 Meltdown series A.K.A Chernobyl Series" in Global Terms wake up So many people POST ABOUT THE MELTDOWN PROBLEM ON A Global basis that the term I Use is very Justifiable.

legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
Lets be real here, you mean you have not have had the internet connection go out on all of them YET. And I highly doubt you have thoroughly tested all of them.

Dog... c'mon... you said it some posts back, i live in a "banana" republic... do you really think i have 100% uptime on my internet service on this country?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I recently purchased 4 more s5 Antminers on order  00120150623154707742q5Yib6T90686.
Last week I began adding them to my farm and one miner has only 1 has board running. The GUI, pool stats and temperature of the heatsinks (1 is cold) confirm this.

As with most of my miners the s5 is fed from a HP 1200w server PSU. I tried swapping the power leads to the miner and even a different PSU with same results: Only the one same board runs.

Any further checks I need to do before requesting a warranty service RMA?
Cheers!
I think the main problem here is the fact that Bitmain is so opaque when dealing with replacement hashboard, that you're left out on the cold when trying to replace dead boards.

Just this monday i asked them for replacement boards and their response is "we're out of boards, send it warranty at your cost" g'damn, i don't have burnt out boards, but when i happen to have one, i want to replace it immediatly and keep my miners running, while dealing with their snail-like behavior on warranty issues.

However, saying the Antminer S5 is a "meltdown series" device is a VERY long stretch... between me and some friends of mine, we have bought a couple hundred S5, and just 1 has burnt. That's below 1/200 fail rate... pretty good if you ask me.

So yes the S5 MELTDOWN SERIES is correct on a engineering point of view.

Or better yet the S5 Chernobyl Series.

legendary
Coins, Games & Miners
I think the main problem here is the fact that Bitmain is so opaque when dealing with replacement hashboard, that you're left out on the cold when trying to replace dead boards.

Just this monday i asked them for replacement boards and their response is "we're out of boards, send it warranty at your cost" g'damn, i don't have burnt out boards, but when i happen to have one, i want to replace it immediatly and keep my miners running, while dealing with their snail-like behavior on warranty issues.

However, saying the Antminer S5 is a "meltdown series" device is a VERY long stretch... between me and some friends of mine, we have bought a couple hundred S5, and just 1 has burnt. That's below 1/200 fail rate... pretty good if you ask me.
legendary
So much for that the buy button on the S5 Meltdown series works again at the time of this post. oh well I guess no S7 or S6 yet.

For what it's worth I have yet to see a meltdown.   I know with my batch 1 I have had time without internet.

I guess it could be do to external fan's in my summer mining area, or luck.   But I wonder if the meltdown effects all or some.

I think  only some have the issue.  The few I had were okay but they were very early orders.

same here, early orders were OK. In later batches someone with multiple machines also reported that not all machines had the "bug".

Come on there are pictures all over the internet on burnt up S5's and you have not seen it. Come on I know you guys cant be that stupid.

Scroll down through link its all through the forums if you look....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s5-loses-connection-burns-itself-to-death-1102596

I'm not saying it is not an issue.  Clearly it is for some.   

But I have had a batch 1 with original firmware for quite a while at this point.  I know a few times it was without internet for a few hours.  It did not burn up.   

So I think it's hit and miss on them having issue.  Do I know why some do it and others dont.... no.  But clearly with amount sold it is not a problem for all miners, but for some.  And we do not know percent that are affected.
So much for that the buy button on the S5 Meltdown series works again at the time of this post. oh well I guess no S7 or S6 yet.

For what it's worth I have yet to see a meltdown.   I know with my batch 1 I have had time without internet.

I guess it could be do to external fan's in my summer mining area, or luck.   But I wonder if the meltdown effects all or some.

I think  only some have the issue.  The few I had were okay but they were very early orders.

same here, early orders were OK. In later batches someone with multiple machines also reported that not all machines had the "bug".

Come on there are pictures all over the internet on burnt up S5's and you have not seen it. Come on I know you guys cant be that stupid.

Scroll down through link its all through the forums if you look....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s5-loses-connection-burns-itself-to-death-1102596

Pages:
Jump to: