Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 61. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I could not find an explanation on that price increase.

It really sucks.

I like bitmain hardware, so I will give only one of the two theories I have.

Theory 1 is they really have not raised it much in BTC they were just adjusting mainly for BTC value.  The amount of btc will not be the difference in most peoples final ROI.   But they did adjust to current BTC price.   It was this adjustment to current price that just shot it up like a rocket.   
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I could not find an explanation on that price increase.

It really sucks.
legendary
And price is now: Price:       439 USD ( 1.474 BTC )    

Up almost 100 dollars within a week.  Yikes Sad  Hope this means we will continue to see lots of btc rising in value.

*Also I should say for lack of a better term "I have no dog in this fight".  I'm not here to lecture Bitmain on how to price items, or start argument.  Just stating how it did go up to document price as of right now.
legendary
bitmain increases the price of the miner, but it leaves the firmware with the bugs? that policy and this excuse? Embarrassed

I would hope reason for slow firmware release is quality testing.  I would think they are trying updating from every version, multiple batch versions of controller and parts.   

I could see reasons a firmware could take a while with testing.
Activity: 798
bitmain increases the price of the miner, but it leaves the firmware with the bugs? that policy and this excuse? Embarrassed
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

This! It's unbelievable to see people thinking they deserve the S5 at a certain price.

Until you buy it, it's Bitmain property. They can put the price they want. Either accept the price (And buy) or don't. No need to whine.

But it goes with cheese Smiley

YES A WHOLE LOT OF CHEESE.
In any business there are 2 options: whine and whine because you can't get in; or fucking get in and shut the fuck up.

This! It's unbelievable to see people thinking they deserve the S5 at a certain price.

Until you buy it, it's Bitmain property. They can put the price they want. Either accept the price (And buy) or don't. No need to whine.

here we go again another TROLL.
legendary
Also, when was the last time you heard of a business that ROIs in less than a year?

The thing is people were doing 3 month ROI's.  Crypto world is not a regular business.   Heck on a regular business your told to have enough capital to take a loss for a certain amount of years.

But I would agree that the amount they went up will not make much of a difference as far as someone making ROI or not.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Tell me... what other miner can you buy that reaches might ROI under a year?
FTFY.

If your electricity costs can't let you ROI under a year, blame your utility company, not the device manufacturer.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Tell me... what other miner can you buy that reaches might ROI under a year?
FTFY.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners

And there is the third option a sucker like you that just buys it because he don't know what your doing you feed into companies greed.  This is why they are getting away with is because of fools like you.

Take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Yeah... i've bought at every price point... not because i'm a fool, but because these miners are the only ones that make sense ROI-wise...

Tell me... what other miner can you buy that reaches ROI under a year?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

But it goes with cheese Smiley
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca
In any business there are 2 options: whine and whine because you can't get in; or fucking get in and shut the fuck up.

1.3 BTC, 1.5 BTC... whatever... if it takes 1 year to make ROI on ANY amount invested there's a business oportunity. Just realize that your whining here gets the ANTMINER S5 post to the top, and that's free publicity for them.

Also, when was the last time you heard of a business that ROIs in less than a year?

And there is the third option a sucker like you that just buys it because he don't know what your doing you feed into companies greed.  This is why they are getting away with is because of fools like you.

Take your own advice and shut the fuck up.
legendary
Coins, Games & Miners

1.3 BTC, 1.5 BTC... whatever... if it takes 1 year to make ROI on ANY amount invested there's a business oportunity. Just realize that your whining here gets the ANTMINER S5 post to the top, and that's free publicity for them.

legendary
... they are only game in town with this gen in stock shipping "new".
I guess we will wait and see what they do the speed up sales eventually.

I apologize for the minor, but accurate correction.

I say new, but yes most likely it is the newest there are.  They are made in batches so it's hard to say date they were made.

But I consider them new as it's got warranty, and newest batch.   I don't expect them to put them in a box and set there, I realize they need to run them as they lose money if sitting in boxes.

But I do understand your point.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Anyone want to calculate the time it will take to make back ~1.5 BTC with an S5 so we can see how a spectacularly bad purchase it would be at this time ? (Don't forget shipping costs and a power supply !)

About 150 days considering the cost of electricity, in my case $.07/Kwh.  Look up "bitcoin profit calculator" for a better calculation.
legendary
Christian Antkow
... they are only game in town with this gen in stock shipping "new".
I guess we will wait and see what they do the speed up sales eventually.

I apologize for the minor, but accurate correction.
legendary
Christian Antkow
I do not blame bitmain for customs, but this increase in prices for hardware already exists just to make money, it seems excessive, and do not sit well with me
Its tied to $/btc... Are you going to get annoyed that Bitstamp and Coinbase raised their prices for 1btc?

This is not a comparable analogy. For the sake of argument, S5's were ~1.3 BTC yesterday. Today they are ~1.5 BTC. Reconcile that. How did a (depreciating) fixed-cost good suddenly become ~$60 more valuable overnight ?

Yes. I am going to get upset when hardware goes up in price in USD.

Anyone want to calculate the time it will take to make back ~1.5 BTC with an S5 so we can see how a spectacularly bad purchase it would be at this time ? (Don't forget shipping costs and a power supply !)
Pages:
Jump to: